For my second piece we were given the task of writing a position or report. I chose to write a report for a few different reasons. The first reason is that I was not as familiar with writing a report so I wanted to try something new and out of my comfort zone. Another reason why I wrote a report was because I will be writing a lot of reports over the next few years with my science classes so I figured that it would be a good idea to practice with it. My strengths in my paper showed with all the research that I used to back up my findings. One thing that I have improved on in this writing was using synonyms for common words rather than just using the same word over and over again. This helped improve my writing dramatically I believe.
For my third and final paper of the semester I was given the task of writing an evaluation of proposal piece. I chose to write a proposal piece because it is a type of paper that I often struggled with when I was in high school. I picked the topic of students cramming for finals because it is something that is important to me. I believe that students often do poorly on exams because they do not know the correct way to study which often causes them to do poorly on the e...
... middle of paper ...
...ded to get an A in the class. I believe I also showed my hard work when I often went over the required work in a lot of my work that I turned in during this class. I also think I deserve this grade because I constantly improved my writing as the semester went on.
One thing about the class that I wanted to share was why I enjoyed it so much. I wanted to share with you and Hanna how much I enjoyed this class. I enjoyed the class because unlike other English classes that I have been in there was no need to compare yourself as a writer to other people. Both you and Hanna taught me that writing is different for each person and that there is no right or wrong when it comes to writing. I have been able to enjoy writing once again and I’m honestly a little disappointed that the class is over. Thank you for a fun semester and for showing me how to improve myself as a writer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first writing piece i choose from my portfolio was visual analysis. The visual analysis personal was one of the hardest paper I had to write for this semester. It was so challenging because I could not follow the process which I was adjusted to writing to which is, collecting data about a subject and writing about the research I found . With the Visual analysis we were instructed to choose a piece of public visual rhetoric and analysis it using rhetorical terms such as pathos, logos, and ethos.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Paper, Wrestling]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- After taking this course, this has been a struggling journey. I did not find fun in this class due to the grade I have now as a result. My writing skills did not improve from high school, losing confidence in myself to create well-written, interesting papers. However, this class has given me ideas about new styles of writing. Having done these papers helped me to discern the qualifications to write a rhetorical analysis essay from a visual critique paper. Here is how my experience in College Writing went.... [tags: Writing, Rhetoric, Paper, Essay]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- : Writing Center Conference Reflection The writing center conference had a lot of useful information in each of the presentations that I attended. Each presentation had its own set of topics, which either provided ideas that were geared toward helping a particular group of students or just gave general information about certain programs that are available to help students succeed in school. There was also one presentation, which explained the results of a study conducted regarding writing center enrolled students.... [tags: Tutorial, Tutor, Teaching assistant, Paper]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- From the beginning of English 100 course to the end, I have seen my writing skill develop tremendously. The writing assignments we were exposed to has help me become a better writer. The writing assignment “Description of a Character” has allowed me to improve my skills on writing in more depth about a certain person or situation. Also doing the worksheet for “Indian Education” has help me have a better understanding of the writing techniques in order to develop a good narrative collage. Doing the open letter to address an issue or topic using evidence to support a claim was a new skill I learned that will help me in future assignments.... [tags: Writing, Better, Sherman Alexie, Paper]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- As the first semester of my sophomore year wraps up, I begin to realize that I have learned a lot in all of my classes. The class that I learned the most from has definitely been my English 111 course. This class have given me so many opportunities to improve my writing skills. With all of the success I’ve had in this class, I believe I will do just fine with writing later in my life. Over this entire course, we have written around 5 papers. This does not include this paper. Each of these papers were very different from each other.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Better, Writing system]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- I consider the writing process to be the lifeline of writing. This process is a vital to student writing. Before taking English Composition 1, I did not fully comprehend how important this process was. In Module 1, I explored each step of the writing process; “Prewriting, Drafting, Rewriting, Proofreading, and Publishing,” (Mindedge, 2015, “Writing Is a Process”). Even though each step is different, they all link together to form the lifeline of writing. The writing process seemed overwhelming to me at first; however, understanding each step has shown me, how to mold a writing process that works best for me and how I have grown as a writer.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Brainstorming]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- We write because we have something to say. We write because it represents our voice and our passion for a certain topic worth writing about. In the beginning of this quarter, I felt incapable of writing a decent college essay and terrified of how people would judge my writing. However, as the weeks went by, I realized that writing takes time and it has a building process that needs to occur in order to develop something worthwhile. In ten weeks, I found the ability to write papers with the help of writing strategies, reading certain texts, and attending numerous workshops.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Paper]
2450 words (7 pages)
- Observation Form 2 When I first started my field experience the eighth graders would not participate at all. Now, they are all raising their hands and paying attention more in class. I am not sure what happened, but it makes the class more enjoyable to be in. The students have also warmed up to me. They will raise their hands and I will walk around and help them. I have had to reteach myself the parts of speech to be able to help them. I feel like I am learning right along with them. I also checked out the textbook they are using in Mrs.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Education, English-language films]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- I chose Frances Mary D’Andrea as a contributor to the field of the visual impairments because she contributed a lot especially in the area of the Braille literacy for students with visual impairments. Frances Mary D’Andrea, Ph.D., is an instructor at the University of Pittsburgh and an educational consultant specializing in literacy issues related to students with visual impairments. I would like to mention about her background in the first section of my paper. She got her Bachelor degree from George Peabody College for Teachers in the area of Special Education for visual impairments, Special Education for mild/moderate handicaps, and Elementary Education in 1982.... [tags: Braille, Blindness, Unified English Braille Code]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Visual Media, Allegorical Consciousness, and Postmodern Culture I think many of us would agree that we are living in an era of transition: generally, from one phase of modernity to another; more specifically, it is harder to say. Let's ask ourselves for a moment how this sense of change might guide the rhetorical study of visual media. Of the many possible answers to this question, there are two I want to put on the table. The first consideration is that the study of visual media is likely to be occurring at all, or in a particular form, because our society now is moving beyond those media to other communication technologies.... [tags: Visual Media Technology Essays]
1653 words (4.7 pages)