What makes human happy? Each person designed a life that they want to live therefore everyone is unique in a way. Some people say money makes them happy while others think otherwise. According to studies and research, we can surly say that family and friends contributed a big part to our happiness. Spending time with our love ones including family, partners and friends is one of the biggest factor to happiness because they are our supporting system. Having family and friends that love us for who we are is something special because they can see something in us that we can see for ourselves. These type of connections fulfill the basic human needs such as the needs for social connections with others of our kind and the need for personal growth which helps us learn to fully live and feel alive.
Another factor to happiness is being able to do what you love. They say “time flies when you’re having fun”, this quote explain happiness in a way because we are the happiest people when we are engaged in activities that’s meaningful to us. Often time we don’t really look at how fast time is flying because we are so into what we are doing whether it is playing sports, gardening, writing, or even reading. Doing what you are good at or love to do makes you lose yourself and lose track of time. This is good because it is a way to express yourself and see the good abilities you that you have. According to Abraham Maslow, he defines ‘self-actualization’ as an innate human motiva...
... middle of paper ...
...e to see that his family live in the home with and it was missing part of the side of it. In the movie he explained that sometimes when it rained, they would try to cover it with a sheet or plastic from letting it come in. That struck me because I live in a home with everything cover and not having to worry about things like that. This made me realized that life is too short to try and live better than other or try to be someone you not. I learned to appreciate life because the environment you live in and the people you surround yourself with are the people that help you become who you are.
In conclusion, being happy is a beautiful thing and happiness can be defined in many forms and ways. It can be through better health, giving back, and even doing things you love to do. So with that being said, try to live and make the memories with people that you won’t forget!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone are entitled to different opinions of happiness and the way they feel about it. What is happiness really. Can you control your happiness or does it just come naturally. “Defining happiness can seem as elusive as achieving it. We want to be happy, and we can say whether we are or not, but can it really be defined, studied and measured?” (What is Happiness?). Some people think that happiness is something that happens them naturally but others think that it is something that can be controlled.... [tags: Happiness, Positive psychology, Emotion, Thought]
2053 words (5.9 pages)
- Pursuing happiness is desired by everyone I know, including myself. One’s happiness can only be interpreted on a personal level. What happiness means to someone can depend on what stage of life the person is in. For example, what made me happy as a child, as a teenage boy or as a single guy might not necessarily make me happy right now. Happiness is a state or a feeling that changes frequently. I would also add that there are two type of happiness. Long term happiness and short term happiness. Long term happiness is associated with a continuous event or what I can call a gift that keeps on giving.... [tags: Term, Time, Happiness, A Great Way to Care]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- A person in debt will have a hard time achieving happiness because they have many things to worry about. An individual that is financially stable can easily achieve happiness because they don 't have to worry about not having enough money. They will be able to afford what they need and have some money left over for whatever they please. Everyone dreams of being financially stable and being able to get themselves all the material items they would want because on the other hand when someone does not have money they usually end up stressed out.... [tags: Happiness, Positive psychology, Luxury good]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- Happiness is an encouraging feeling, which is influenced by many factors. When Layard states ‘from outside’ he means social identities, roles, cultures and groups people belong to. When Layard states ‘from within’ he is referring to a person’s thinking and feelings. Richard Layard (2005) in an attempt to find out what made people happy identified a list of factors that contributed towards happiness, this included family, close relationships, satisfying work, good health and personal freedom. ‘There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so’ (Shakespeare, Hamlet).... [tags: Happiness Essays]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- Going through life, people pursue various endeavours in the hopes of achieving happiness or contentment. These goals and dreams are all driven to pursue some form of wellbeing, whether it is of basic needs and necessities or a more personal goal such as love or success. In some cases, an individual may find that the endings of these endeavours are not what they expected; some may even call them failures. These unfortunate endings leave the individual feeling lonely and isolated, as if not a single being in the world may understand them.... [tags: Emotion, Empathy, Lemony Snicket, Emotions]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Regardless of an individual’s place of birth, socioeconomic status, religious preference, or any other attribute that makes him or her unique, every human being possesses within him or herself a desire to flourish, or to be happy. This base yearning is the driving force behind the vast majority of decisions made by humans on a day-to-day basis. Choices influenced by a longing for happiness range from situations as simple as deciding what to eat for breakfast to the life-altering selections of a career and spouse.... [tags: New Testament, Bible, Nicomachean Ethics]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- There is a very commonly held belief that life is difficult. More to the point, life consists of a lot of suffering. It is common to hear comments such as, life is a constant struggle, life is an uphill battle, a never-ending fight. These comments raise many questions about the nature, or even the very existence of absolute happiness. Is it possible for a human being to ever achieve complete happiness. Answering this question completely is impossible because humans are very complex and each one of us has a different definition of happiness.... [tags: Philosophy, Pursuit of Happiness]
2124 words (6.1 pages)
- Happiness can come in different forms for each person. Some people dream of achieving great wealth to buy everything they ever wanted. Others may find simple tasks such as, reading a book, to make them happy. There are people who find happiness by making others happy, whether it’d be, feeding the homeless, or giving random compliments to strangers. I think that most people would agree that the purpose of life is happiness. There are several things that bring happiness to my world, which include, family, health, and laughter, among other things.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Health]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- We consistently imagine it, crave it, and classify of ourselves as failures until it is accomplished, but what ultimately is the “good life”. An individual can’t observe it or listen to it, can you. In his treatise on achieving happiness, Aristotle compared our attempts to attain this lifestyle to an archer 's attempt to aim an arrow properly. The archer is apt to hit the right mark if he has a target to aim at, and, similarly, a person is apt to have a fulfilling life if he or she has knowledge about what gives an individual a feeling of euphoria.... [tags: Mental disorder, Mental illness, Mark Twain]
1975 words (5.6 pages)
- Unemployment & Happiness 1. Introduction Happiness is probably as the old topic. Most experts such as psychologists, philosophers, even economists concerned with the definition what is the happiness. However, there is not the concordant view for what is the happiness. Happiness should depend on different people. Some people believe that the happiness is the good goal in life. But, other people do not think happiness is the good goal in life because there are some other factors can affect the happiness such as trust, satisfaction with job, satisfaction with family's life, marriage, etc.... [tags: Happiness, Psycology, Work, Employment]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- Notes On Adult And Teacher Interaction
- Why The Common College Student Results Can Be Blamed On Our Lack Of Knowledge
- Academic Dishonesty Visual Argument Draft
- The Most Famous Leaders Of The American Revolutionary Time Period
- The Morality Of Suicide By Pew Research
- Slavery And The Primary Cause Of The Civil War