At this program, there were no grades, and each student took two intensive classes, one of their choice and the required course of writing workshop. In this six-week program, I learned how much potential I had as a student. Since there were no grades, my classmates and I were able to take more risks academically, by voicing our opinions in class discussions and trying to find our “voice” while doing assignments for writing workshop. This program taught me how to succeed in the classroom and made me a more confident student. The Advanced Studies Program is my favorite academic accomplishment. Once I graduated from the program I felt that I had grown as a student and was able to look at my classes in a different lens, as well as realized what I could accomplish academically. Not only did it help me grow into a stronger student, it helped show me where my values truly are and what I should prioritize. All my positive academic experiences occur when I feel that I have put in all my efforts into an essay, project, or test. When I am able to turn in an assignment knowing that it is my best work and that I did everything I could to prepare is when I feel the strongest about my academic accomplishments.
However, there were times when I have been frustrated academically. If I went into a test confident and started taking the exam reali...
... middle of paper ...
...mmunicating with my professors more frequently by going to office hours when I need help, and asking questions in class. This will give me a clearer understanding of the concepts we are reviewing. I would also like to continue to balance life as a student and as an athlete by ensuring that I am using my time efficiently and be more focused during my study hours. Lastly, I would like to start making connections with students and professors in the business school so I can start planning my career for after college. Hopefully, through internships I will be able to use those experiences as building blocks to a career after graduation. Outside of the classroom, I set expectations for myself as well. I am going to continue my nordic ski career as a member of the UNH nordic ski team and hope to advance my performance through intensive training and focused practices.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- High school graduation is the most significant event of my life because it gave me a sense of completion, it has proved that hard work pays off, and it gave me a greater appreciation for my opportunities. My graduation was held on May 18th, 2015 at South Florida Fairgrounds. The morning of my graduation, my mother made me my favorite breakfast, and we later headed out to my make-up appointment. The end result of my make-up appointment was stunning, and as a bonus, I got it done for free. When I got home, I saw a bouquet of orchids with a note attached, from my dad.... [tags: High school, Graduation, High school diploma]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- High School Graduation On my high school graduation ceremony, the moment of hard work paid off has finally arrived. Squeezing my best friend hand, I never experienced something so nerve racking, yet so emotional. The butterflies in my stomach didn’t let me focus. My heart was pounding, my hands were sweaty but ready to receive my high school diploma. When I finally heard my name being called, my family screamed of joy, especially my mother. During that memorable moment, a capture an eye on people who I used to call my friends.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Graduation]
712 words (2 pages)
- As I come closer to the end of my high school career, I look forward to the future and see nothing but stress, higher education opportunities, and procrastination. The single reason as to why I have decided to involve myself in the college experience, is to achieve the optimum quality of life. The only way to conquer this goal is to direct myself towards job openings, countless, hours of schooling, and changes in the way I perform in the school setting. Chancing this college experience is designed to be expensive and challenging, however, I will deem it to be worthwhile when I’m holding my doctorate at my college graduation.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Graduation]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Most thoughts going through the head of a high school graduate are, “I finally get to take a year off before going into college now!” or “I’m finally done with school!”, but, it’s really the start of something new. After graduating high school, most individuals plan to attend college for their first time, of course after summer ends. Which can and most likely be is the smartest decision they could ever make after graduating high school. But there are also some graduates who believe since they have worked so hard in their years of high school that they deserve to take a year off before entering college.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Everybody have a significant moment in their lives’, in which they can vividly recall. Graduating high school was one significant moment in my life that I can remember every graphic detail and feeling that occurred. Flashbacks come and go as I try to relive the experience, however, one can’t experience the happiness I felt walking across the stage, unless I start from the events leading up to this special moment. Before graduation day arrived, there were miniature moments contributing to its grand gesture.... [tags: Academic dress, Graduation, High school, Gown]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- In every teenager’s life, there’s always the question of what or who they want to be when they graduate from high school. I asked myself that very same question. I didn’t have any intentions of going to college after graduation. I wanted to take a break from the constant pressure of my parents’ high expectations of me. I graduated from high school in the top 10% of my class and was awarded senior of the year on graduation day. Although I was proud of myself for the hard work I put into me graduating with honors, I realized I really didn’t know what I was interested in becoming or doing after high school.... [tags: High school, Graduation, College, United States]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- High school graduation day is life full of journeys for everyone, high school life is a memorable time for most people, for me as well. High school can be filled with lots of good memories for some people and it could be filled with bad memories, for me it was both I had good times and I had bad times. High school Graduation day should definitely be the best day of your life because that means no more high school, no more having to wake up at 6 or 7a.m., no more having to hear your parents say “do you have homework” or “How your grades are looking “, no more seeing people that you don’t get along with in high school.... [tags: High school, Graduation, High school diploma]
2254 words (6.4 pages)
- There I was, fresh out of high school; eighteen years old and feeling unstoppable. Finally, it was all over. I was stress free and living my life the way I wanted to; which consisted of sleeping in and enjoying my free time that high school had taken away from me. I had an idea of what I wanted to do with my life, but did not consider how I was going to get there. I did not want to think about college; it only meant going back to a set schedule of waking up early and sitting in multiple classes for hours.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Education]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Saturday night was my high school graduation and tomorrow afternoon was the party on Sunday. That whole weekend my family was coming into town to watch me walk across the stage for graduation. When I got my high school diploma, I was so excited and it felt great. As my family came to support me at my graduation, I felt proud of myself for what I had accomplished. When Sunday morning came, I went to church. When I came home from church, we got ready for my graduation party to show off my high school diploma.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Family]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- High school is an interesting part in our life as it is. We spend the majority of the week surrounded with people that we dislike, tolerate, or some that we hopefully enjoy. We don 't have an option of whether we want to be there or not, it 's a requirement. A question for many people that have went to the same school their whole life may be is a large difference between going to a larger school or smaller school, and which is more enjoyable. I was fortunate enough to have experienced both, large and small schools.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Middle school]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Injustice I Have Witnessed At Community College And Received An Associate 's Degree
- Analysis Of Viola Davis 's ' The Hit Drama '
- I Am An Iranian American Baha ' I Woman
- Human Trafficking : A Form Of Slavery
- How Writing Is Important And Valuable Skill Within The Field Of Public Relations
- Drug Abuse And Its Effects On Society