Maintaining a sustainable menu in school is beneficial in terms of working towards the preservation of the earth’s natural resources. For example, in Michael Pollan 's’ “The Omnivore’s Dilemma,” grass farmer Joel Salatin delineates the ways in which everything in the food chain is a cycle and that “the best farming systems are ones where animals and plants are put into a synergistic relationship” (Pollan 376). This ‘well-rounded cycle’ can be defined as a cycle that is based on what is meant to happen. It fo...
... middle of paper ...
... as a nation, we will be able to work towards the elimination of an industrialized food industry-- no matter how ‘efficient’ it may appear to be.
In conclusion, a sustainable menu is highly beneficial in school settings because not only does it work to remind and educate adolescents about the importance of preservation of health, but it ensures a diverse range of foods, while avoiding risks degradation in the environment. In the end, the only way to work towards developing a better, and conscious community, is to educate the future generations. The only way to do so is through implementation and as an outcome, young adults will ultimately be able to recognize the ways in which what they put into their body is can be harmful, and eventually, they will learn to fight back against the industrialized factory farms that continues to take the food market by storm.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Are you tired of slaving over a hot stove. Are you tired of wasting countless hours waiting for some rotten meat to cook. Are you run down or restless worrying weather your kids will like whatever meal you cook. Well, if so, then this sandwich is for you. It is easy to make and we will guarantee at a cheap price, you can't go wrong. It is nutritious and with the large amount of calcium it is even a healthy snack that is great for a growing child.... [tags: Descriptive Writing Examples]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Psychedelic Sellers When one goes to the store and looks at all the choices of peanut butter, how do they know which one is the best. Pricing could be something that comes to mind, but what if they believe that the cheaper one tastes different. Maybe they go with the expensive one thinking that it’s everything peanut can be. In all reality, it’s peanut butter. So how do some products sell better than other’s when they are actually the same product. Companies today use marketing and branding to sell their products, but does a pretty picture really sell.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Brand, Butter]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Peanut Butter on a Bacon Cheeseburger. Red Oak Pub, home of the famous Peanut Butter Bacon Cheeseburger, is one of the few dining establishments available to the Newark, Ohio consumer. I will assess how it offers a unique dining experience based on the convenient location, relaxing atmosphere, variety of food options, quality of service, and unique beer selection. Red Oak Pub opened in Newark, Ohio June 25, 2012. Owner Mike and his wife have turned the old Newark Adornetto’s building into a solid, clean, friendly, suburban “pub” where you can catch a game, play some Keno and enjoy definitely above average American pub food.... [tags: Hamburger, Fast food, French fries, Potato]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- Sugar cookie scented Yankee Candles burning, with a hint of the smell of pine from the Christmas tree. Lights flickering from the corner of your eyes. Christmas music traveling down the halls. In the holiday spirit, there are many traditions I do each and every year around the holiday season that I look forward to doing. Each family has different rituals they continue to do every year since they were a child. Seeing that I favor Christmas over every other holiday most of my traditions occur between Christmas and Thanksgiving.... [tags: Christmas, Family, Christmas music, Butter]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- STRENGTHS Well-known product. The ------offers a brand name known internationally. Besides the company has been well known for their quality, freshness, and taste of its products. Pricing. Our product is priced lower than our competitors in our industry. Even though our competitors have a different kind of product compared to us. Nutrition. Peanut butter is well known because it contains many vitamins, proteins, and fiber. Nowadays, it is very important for everyone to start a day with a meal that it is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and provide energy throughout the day.... [tags: SWOT and busines analysis]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Marketing Peanut Butter in China China Ideal growing condition for peanuts. Climate and weather in china produce great condition to produce peanut for peanut butter. Marketing Communication Strategy 1. Establish who your consumer age group and gender. 2. Brainstorm what types of messages or reports that they are going to wish to use to determine, the communication method for distributing these studies and the frequency with which this communications should be made. 3. Produce a matrix of this information to establish where there is overlap in consumer’s product information, communication types and frequencies.... [tags: business analysis]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- ... These skills that I have gained will help me through out my life. I am hoping to study medicine and will engage in numerous research studies. I feel that I have leanred the foundations that will equip and assist me to write research proposals in university. Medical research wll be an active part of my studies and I am grateful that I have learnt the basics. I am excited to further my studies in this methodology in my career. 6900kJ for a boy aged 7 and 6400kJ for a girl aged 7. This requirement will differ based on gender, amount of exercise done through out the day, height and weight.... [tags: affordable and nutritious food]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Hundraj & Company is pioneer in Roasted Peanut retail in the city Navsari. We are trying to expand our business which includes setting up plant of peanut butter in Gujarat. Peanuts have significant nutrients and are consumed in diverse forms all over the world since long. Peanut butter is one such product consumed in huge quantities specially in western states since many years. It is not very popular in India and the domestic market is dominated by milk butter. Hence, the promoters must target developing export market and should be economically sound.... [tags: India, Production]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- An Exposition on Peanut Butter Cookies Have you ever tried to bake peanut butter cookies, and for some reason they were a complete flap because they were dry and crunchy, too moist and crumbly, or perhaps they had a terrible taste. Well, I have discovered this cool new recipe and I have never failed at making them. Have no fear, the ultimate peanut butter cookie recipe is here. We will need the following ingredients: 1c. of brown sugar, 1c. of white sugar, 1c. of margarine or butter, 1c. of peanut butter, 2 large eggs, 1 tsp.... [tags: Exposition Essays]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- Peanut butter and a god I am a rationalistic materialist refuting dualism, believing that it may be possible speaking in terms of metaphysics that nothing is real, and epistemologically what we can know, is nothing compared what can be known. While my being on this plane in a human body does not dictate my essence rather than it does my existence, for me, existence will always come before essence. Epistemology is a branch of philosophy that studies the nature of knowledge. What is it that we can know.... [tags: Philosophy]
1272 words (3.6 pages)