113e Demonstrate professional conduct by: participating in quality assurance activities.
Quality assurance is providing the best care for our clients. We do this by using the standard of practise as our base for evaluating the performance of staff.
116. Respond to changes in the Health care system that affects one’s nursing practice.
A change in the Health care system that has affected nursing practice is the downing sizing of staff. The nurse now has more workload and is expected to be just as efficient as before. Healthcare facilities have to make their profit and in doing so nursing-client ratio is increased. Nurses are now over worked, more stressed and burnt out. We as nurses however still have to be professional knowing that we have provide excellent and ethical care to our clients. We hope that the powers that be will adjust the ratio thus ensuring more quality care to our clients.
117a. Uses computer skills in a professional manner to do the following: document client care
Most facilities have a database where client care information is documented. I would have access to this database, whether with a username or password, or whatever method the facility provides me with to access the database and enter the client information into the appropriate section and form that the client care information should go into.
117b. Uses computer skills in a professional manner to do the following: obtain and forward information within the agency.
Usually, sending and receiving information via email is the standard procedure for healthcare facilities. An email should not contain confidential or sensitive information and should be sure to be sent to only those who are supposed to see it. Certain facilities have standardized emails...
... middle of paper ...
... and makes it easier to tract immunization, testing and referrals. Members of a healthcare team can have access to clients’ medical information via electronic means more readily. Medical information can be easily transferred from one facility to the next e.g. from a hospital to a rehabilitation facility. Technology enables clients to have ready information about their health care. They can have input into their treatment by suggesting alternative treatments they can have.
Informatics and technology have their disadvantages. The interpersonal relationships will be diminished due to technology. Clients who rely too heavily on the internet for treatment for their ailments may get it from unreliable source or have an overload of information and get overwhelmed. Nurses who have the most contact with clients’ needs to have more input with the informatics at the workplace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Professional Development Plan: Stapelberg, N - 13006992 1. Purpose The engineering profession is one that is dedicated to finding solutions to problems varying in complexity in order to simplify the living of humanity. With such a highly recognized and valued profession comes great responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of the ones affected as well as ensuring the standard and reputation of the profession is upheld. This document serves as future candidate engineer (FCE), Mr Neil Stapelberg 's, plan for the registration as Professional Mechanical Engineer with ECSA and includes one complete Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Cycle of five years.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- MANUKAU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Assignment Of Operational Manager Course Code: Submitted to: Submitted by: Amarbeer Singh Introduction: To search out the relationship of the operational managers in a company I talk to a person name Rakesh Kumar, who is the operation manager in a reputed institute. With his help I could search out and I could understand the role of an operation manager in an organization. [Firstly he explained Operations management is a management function.... [tags: Management, Operations management]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Ka’rin Thornburg | UT EID: kthorn02 1 EDA Continuing Scholarship Application 2016 With more than 15 years experience in higher education at the university, state, and national level, I can genuinely say I enjoy my work. For many prospective students, the college admissions process is an arduous and daunting task. As a higher education administrator, college admissions and enrollment management allow me to improve the college search experience, provide avenues of opportunity, increase access, and assist students with what is potentially the first and most important adult decision they will make.... [tags: University, Doctorate, Education, Student]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- To begin generating solutions, I would first take advice recommended by Gatewood, Field, and Barrick (2011) in that I would first perform a job analysis on the positions that I am trying to recruit for. To conduct this job analysis, I would gather data about the position’s necessary KSA’s by completing in-person interviews with SMEs in an individual or group setting, utilizing a structured interview to obtain clear results. The job analysis will give me information regarding relevant job performance dimensions and identification of KSA’s necessary for the job.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Interview, Job analysis]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- Name, personal address, telephone, email A skilled and knowledgeable Pharmacy Manager with an expertise in problem resolution, customer service, operations and leadership. Accomplished in monitoring the budget, inventory, staff and department performance ensuring the Pharmacy runs smoothly and efficiently. Possesses an in-depth understanding of all laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy and establishing that they are being practiced. An ability to develop and build solid relationships with the customers and the community creating a trusting environment.... [tags: Skills, Drugs]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- My aim in gaining CIPD Certificate is to confirm my experience in HR field, gained outside of UK, where I was working as a HR and Recruitment Team Leader for four years in a large organisation, in information technology industry. By this course I want to give foundation to my further development in human resources. Currently I am working for a large not for profit organisation as a HR Coordinator, supporting HR Director, Head of HR Operation and HR Advisors and being first point of contact for employees.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning, Organization]
1887 words (5.4 pages)
- Ohud Alqarni & Layla Alahmari University of the Incarnate Word Program Development in Adult Education ADED 6387/7387 Spring, 2015 Professional Interview “Student-centered Teaching Methods” is a program that we are going to develop in Saudi Arabia. In the traditional approach, most class time is spent with the professor lecturing the lessons, while the students are watching, listening, and taking notes. The students work individually on assignments and all forms of collaboration are strongly discouraged.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Pedagogy]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Identify a core principle from the NMC Code of Conduct (2008) and demonstrate how this may affect professional practice This essay contains discussion on the importance of proper documentation and record keeping as a core principle of the NMC Code of Conduct. The report further highlight how this may affect professional practice and the implication of poor record keeping practice. Medical records are the most basic of clinical tools (Pullen and Loudon 2006) and their main importance is to serve as a form of memoir or aid in client and patient support.... [tags: conduct, professional practice, record keeping]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- The purpose of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct, effective January 1, 2007, is to make certain that an individual’s conduct does not reflect negatively upon the profession of Certified Financial Planners. Included in the standards are: code of ethics and professional responsibility, rules of conduct, financial planning practice standards, disciplinary rules and procedures, and candidate fitness standards. These standards establish character and fitness standards to promote and protect the integrity of the CFP® designation.... [tags: Individual Conduct, Mission]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- 2 Professionalism in the Workplace When pursuing a career in nursing, one must first understand that nursing, in itself, is a profession amongst many other health care related jobs. With that being said, what does it mean to be professional in a nursing career. According to Batool and Khatlak (2016), “Professionalism is the capacity of high degree standard, which a person needs to have in his professional career development” (Batool & Khtlak, 2016). Within these standards are factors such as attitude, patients’ expectations, and workplace culture (Bartle, 2014).... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health, Health care provider]
1143 words (3.3 pages)