Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance (MMSA) has much to gain from raising its profile within its target audiences (teachers, educators and their students) and its’ stakeholders (funders, state decision makers, supporters, parents). MMSA needs a coordinated plan in which every staff member plays some role in communicating our work.
We need to root communications efforts in the work of the organization as a whole, not isolated independent projects. This organization wide strategy will increase the profile of MMSA and benefit all projects/programs.
The goal of this communication plan is to lay out the frameworks and tools that we can use to communicate the role, programs and impact of MMSA. In doing so, we should be able to increase the support, funding and participation of our target audiences in what we do.
Primary Purpose: MMSA exists to enhance science, technology, engineering and mathematics education for the purpose of raising student aspirations and achievement so that all students will connect with and become proficient in these content areas.
Communication message: MMSA wants to raise students aspiration for STEM so that they can better participate in our state’s economic and environmental future.
Structure and Roles
The internal structure governs the ways MMSA will communicate its programs into the community.
The Board should delegate the communication leadership to the Executive Director (ED) however the Board should be informed of and understand the communication efforts and their impacts. Board members can be invited to participate in MMSA communications when either the ED is unable or the ED feels that it will lend weight to the communication message...
... middle of paper ...
...ide advice and direction on social media interactions.
Provide/share relevant and important non-MMSA links for social media.
Recommend themes for social media efforts given the current projects and organization-wide initiatives
Communication Coordinator & Digital Media Specialist
Manage the social media pages including posting links and events provided by Program Managers.
Keep track of the social media statistics and provide feedback to the Communications Team.
Provide CC/DMS relevant and important non-MMSA links for social media.
Provide CC/DMS images and text (along with date of release) about MMSA events and announcements
MMSA Mail Lists
Provide updates of news and happenings at MMSA (new projects, staff changes, opportunities)
Provide direct marketing of MMSA professional development, project recruitment, products etc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Greater Portland Area of Southern Maine is made up of twenty-five towns which vary from the rural farmlands of Limington to the lively city of Portland. Not too far from the city of Portland lies the neighboring towns of South Portland, and Cape Elizabeth. As seen in Figure 2, both towns touch the Atlantic Ocean and are roughly the same size. These two towns, however, vary greatly despite their close proximity to each other. While Cape Elizabeth is perceived to be home to mostly upper-middle to upper class citizens, South Portland is unique in that it is home to nearly every class.... [tags: High school, Education, Maine, Social class]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- Yihao Hu Statement of Background & Goals John Hopkins University Department of Applied Mathematics & Statistics Degree Objective: Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics In the realm of mathematics and applied mathematics, I am especially interested in numerical methods for partial differential equations, fluid dynamics, dynamical systems, scientific computing and Optimization. The magic of mathematics that attracts me most is solving the most sophisticated problems in the real world through different applied methods which are based on the rigorous theoretical analysis.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Campaign Party: The Democratic Alliance 1. Introduction to the DA 2. Initiating the campaign 2.1. Charter 2.2. Project Statement 3. Planning the Campaign 3.1. Project Description 3.2. Project Goals and Objectives 3.3. Scope 4. Execution of the Campaign 4.1. Execution Strategy 4.2. Project Organisation 4. 3. Project Facilities and Resources 4.4 Project Stakeholders 5. References 1. Introduction: The Democratic Alliance (DA) is a South African political party that’s roots lie in the anti-apartheid movement of the 1970’s, at this time it was known as the Progressive Party, it renamed its self the Democratic alliance in the 1990’s.... [tags: campaign, planning, alliance, voters]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- A hospital's human resource department handles hundreds of nursing resumes a week. A good portion of those resumes are for nursing occupations with a hefty percentage of qualifying applicants. A prospective applicant should consider ways to make his or her resume stand out from the rest of the pile. A nursing assistant scans each nursing resume through a computerized database, queries the database based on keywords assigned by the nursing supervisor, and assures that each resume meets the minimal requirements before submitting the winning resumes to the human resource manager for further review.... [tags: Resume, Application, Career]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- An ontological theorist generally begins his discussion with a preconceived notion of what kind of thing an object will turn out to be. Instead, we will here begin with a Thomassonian approach to the ontology of mathematics. First, let us consider what happens when we rst come to determine a mathematical proposition (which I will use synonymously with 'mathematical entitty'). A mathematician does not feel as though he creates mathematical theories. Pythagoras can hardly be thought to have created the claim that a2 + b2 = c2.... [tags: Mathematics]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction to mathematics glossary of terms: In glossary all intend mathematical terms can be substantiate in plain language. In this mathematics glossary of terms is formulated in response to requests from teachers and others during the national curriculum consultation. . Mathematics glossary of terms is always incomprehensible even before they get heavy into the Greek symbols. Now we are learned in this topic about mathematics glossary of terms. Some terms of mathematics glossary of terms: * Absolute value * Acute angle * Acute triangle * Additive identity * Additive inverse * Adjacent angles * A... [tags: Mathematics ]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- “Neuropsychology is a specialty that applies the principles of assessment and intervention based upon the scientific study of human behavior as it relates to normal and abnormal functioning of the central nervous system.” (The American Psychological Association) In more basic terms, the field of neuropsychology relies heavily on the study of the central nervous system combined with the study of the behavior of an individual. A type of psychology career, it involves using computational methods and mathematics, “particularly statistics, as a professional tool to quantify and analyze their scientific findings.” Neuropsychologists also work towards diagnosing any potential mental impairments... [tags: Mathematics]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Mathematics is a subject that many people fear and complain is too difficult to learn. The truth, however, is everyone is capable of learning mathematics, even complicated mathematics. They simply need to know the proper method of learning. Mathematics is different from other subjects. It is more than rote memorization. Developing learning skills is vital to learning mathematics. Study skills specific to the subject are required, as is developing problem solving skills and learning to properly deal with learning stresses.... [tags: Mathematics]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- The Egyptians are one of the earliest known and most well documented people to inhabit the Earth. They were one of the first people to respond to practical needs within agriculture, business, and industry. Moreover, archaeological and historical artifacts suggest that the Egyptians were among the first to develop the study of mathematics. This paper will discuss the development of mathematics in ancient Egypt, focusing on the use of hieroglyphs, the decimal system, and hieratic writing and numerals to demonstrate that the Egyptians made notable contributions to modern day understandings of mathematics.... [tags: Mathematics]
656 words (1.9 pages)
- MAINE Maine is a state in northern New England in the United States. It is bounded by the Canadian provinces of Québec on the northwest and New Brunswick on the northeast. To the southwest lies New Hampshire, and to the southeast, the Atlantic Ocean. Maine entered the Union on March 15, 1820, when it was separated from Massachusetts to form the 23rd state. Augusta is Maine’s capital. Portland is the largest city. Its nickname is “The Pine Tree State.” Maine’s motto is Dario (I lead). The state song is entitled “State of Maine Song.” Maine ranks 39th in size among the states, with an area of 33,741 sq mi.... [tags: essays research papers]
1059 words (3 pages)