A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique. It should not contain statements of values, strategies, or objectives (although many companies make this error), but could contain the company 's customer value proposition. (Abraham, S. C., 2012, p. 2.1)
Both vision statements in mission statements are important to a company. Many people get confused between a mission statement and vision statement and use them interchangeable even though there are two separate and different statements. A vision statement talks about the future of a company about 5 to 10 years away. It talks about how the company will operate in the future using present tense. Companies—indeed any kind of organization—need mission and vision statements. Like many terms in the business lexicon, these too are misunderstood and often misused. . (Abraham, S. C., 2012, p. 2.1)
“Vision statement is a concise expression of where the organization would like to see itself in the next 5 or 10 years. What makes an effective vision statement rather than one that just sounds good? In order to know whether the vision has been achieved, it makes sense to use some quantitative measure in the statement. For example, it could include "become a billion-dollar company by 2017," or "be doing business in 25 c...
... middle of paper ...
...d I would say it 's moving it 's speaks to your spirit.
The vision statement developed by Home Depot and Nike are very different in their approach. Both statements are representative of the companies they were derived from. The vision statement in both situations give an answer to what each company does. The best time to craft a vision statement is during an annual strategic planning session.
A mission statement answers the questions, "What do you do?" and "What is your raison d 'être (reason for being)?" For many companies, the answer doesn 't change over many years, while for others in fast-moving industries when the strategies themselves are changing, it does. Periodically, therefore, a company needs to check that its mission statement is still valid. The ideal time to do this is at the end of the annual strategic-planning process. (Abraham, S. C., 2012, p. 2.1)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If I wrote this paper 20 years ago while I was attending North Central Bible College, my thoughts on what I believed was the personal call on my life and of my plans for ministry after college would have created an essay that is significantly different than what I am writing here. My interpretation of a calling was probably like most of the students that attended NCBC, that it is a divine mission placed on your life, meaning that your life is dedicated to the furthering of the Gospel through the means of full-time career minded ministry.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Life Mission Statement My ultimate life mission is to be able to say that I’ve accomplished or fulfilled God 's purpose for my life here on earth. What am I about. I am about love and forgiveness. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32). At a young age, my father instilled in me the power of love and forgiveness; he taught these things in word and also through his actions. What are the character qualities I would like to emulate.... [tags: Love, Meaning of life, Happiness, Personal life]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- In a sense, from my own expectation, the mission was a complete failure. I wasn’t going to help the family of my enemy. Instead, offering forgiveness to one being punished in an Israeli jail, I was left speechless before the wake of a holocaust. Instead, in the perplexity of nobly identifying with my enemies, I discovered the honor of my family name. Just before I left I told my story to a Washington post reporter and as I thought about my first born son I realized that, in the attempt for forgiveness, my heart still had the capacity to feel for this wretched Holy Land.... [tags: Western culture, Western world, Gospel, Culture]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- South West Airlines Southwest Airlines mission is a loyalty Customer Service brought across with expression of warmth, friendliness, amazing surprising or single pride and Company Spirit. Their vision is to become the best airline, and the best money-making airline company. Aflac Joining forceful core showing off to people with quality items and groups of managers at aggressive costs to give the best protection respect to shoppers. Similarities, differences and influence on the organization An organization vision describes shows the unavoidable future of the association, what the team tries to complete in the close or far off future.... [tags: Southwest Airlines, Airline, Mission statement]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Post University has been a student-focused, career-driven institution committed to helping students reach their personal and professional goals since 1890. The University has a rich history of providing students with the skills they need to compete in the global marketplace. Post was founded as the Matoon Shorthand School to support the training and educational needs of the blossoming industries of central Connecticut. Today the mission of Post University goes beyond the purposes of our early founders to provide students with a more broadly-based university education underpinning their career skill preparation in their chosen majors.... [tags: Health, Health care, Nursing, Registered nurse]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction A mission and vision statement defines a facility; it provides a statement of the companies goals, values and its purpose. All employees need to be aware of this statement in-order to allow the company to succeed and accomplish their vision. Baystate Noble is a small community hospital and its mission and vision statement define the hospital very well. Their statement states the following, “It is our mission to improve the health of our patients through innovative care in a personalized environment that exceeds the expectation of our community” (“Mission and Vision”, n.d., p.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health care provider]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Life Personal strategic planning is the best method of getting the best out of myself. I do this by discovering the inborn and personal skills, develop the skills to the highest order which in return helps me to achieve satisfaction in whatsoever I do. The first thing I do here is to increase my return on energy and I consider and develop most of my ability to think well, and later my earning ability. Clarification of values helps me to know what are the most important values and virtues I needed to have in order to function well.... [tags: Management, Organization, Strategic planning]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- The mission statement of the organization states, "Partnering with parents and community, we provide a strong educational foundation to prepare children for future success." Ninety five percent population served is Hispanic. About 80% staff serving children and families directly is Hispanic. Administration consists of a CEO, a CFO, and eight directors. This team consists of all females out of which eleven are monolingual and White. Most of them have been in the organization for many years. There education qualifications vary from some college thru graduate college course work.... [tags: Leadership, Ethical leadership, Management]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Mission and Vision Statement Mission Statement: As an educator I will provide for students the opportunity to make a positive difference in their lives to help them accomplish unexpected goals. I will enhance learning to support my students in achieving their highest potential by integrating technology into the curriculum. I will integrate conceptual technology learning techniques that will implement concrete knowledge of technology that will emphasize mastery of understanding. Through committed support from educators, faculty, staff, parents, and the community, I will advance learning to support my students.... [tags: Education]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)