Personal Development Plan (PDP) is a specific plan for your future in short-term of six months or twelve months. It is necessary that you have objectives set up for yourself, and plans and actions to be taken in order to achieve those objectives. Following PDP is a good way to improve yourself, and to acquire skills and knowledge. Therefore, it is advisable to continue doing PDP one after another. Also, PDP includes your CV, so you can update it with new experiences or skills acquired.
Where am I now?
My performance on the degree so far has been fairly ok, although I could have done better. Most of the time, I have achieved second lower or second upper grades. It has been due to the fact that the course’s structure has allowed me a lot of time to prepare and plan my work. So with a little bit of effort, given that I do not take school’s grades as the most important factor, I could do with at least a pass, or better. On the other hand, I have been developing on various skills throughout the course. Wider reading, presentation and group-work are often required in all my classes.
Although having given a lot of time to finish my work, I still do it at last minute. It has often resulted in very “so-so” quality of the work, which, in turn, constituted my average grades. It is a bad habit that I need to stop doing; otherwise I might find myself struggling or being told off frequently in the workplace.
Discussing with classmates and friends, in my opinion, is the good way to learn. Associating with other people would give you a psychological boost to think more and to generate more ideas. They would point out your mistakes and your idea’s limitation. That is what I will continue doing.
The thing I want t...
... middle of paper ...
...riends, who is currently working for Ernst &Young, to have the broad picture about finance and audit and to know which areas I should look at. This would be arranged once I arrived at home in December. I will also find some good books like Finance for Managers by Harvard Business School Press, guiding business manager how to increase their impact on financial planning.
Apparently, there are a lot of things that I can develop myself on. However, in the mean time, those are things that I planned for the coming graduation, which is the big turn in my life. In the workplace nowadays, constant learning and adapting is utmost important. Therefore, having a short-term specific plan for your career is a good way to push yourself up to scratch. And my plan here is obvious: doing good for my final project and preparing myself for the market next year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Professional Development Plan In this paper I will be covering and analysing personal and professional development. Four respective patches have been undertaken for this module which addressed. Professional development plans, reflective practice, mentoring and supervision and the critical reflection of learners in the learning process. The first patch is talking about the use of Personal Development Plan enabling learning and development in professional practice. The second patch is discussing and evaluating the effectiveness of reflection, by promoting learning and development in professional practice.... [tags: Psychology, Learning, Management]
3394 words (9.7 pages)
- Throughout my whole life I have witnessed how relationships should go, and my parents have always been my primary learning source of communication. It was modeled for me in a healthy way, but also in a negative way sometimes. I catch myself struggling with my reacting behaviors to negative events, and ways of speaking. This causes me a lot of grief and frustration when I am communicating with people or my loved ones. This would also include my five-year relationship with my boyfriend. My goals of my personal development plan are to become a better partner in my relationship, and communicate efficiently.... [tags: communication, personal experience]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Personal development is the process of maintaining one’s well being in terms of physical, social and psychological aspects. It is the constant process of developing and enhancing personality through learning and socialization processes. Undoubtedly, for personal development, certain skills and knowledge are required to be achieved. Armstrong (2006) rightly says that the personal development plan incorporates a wider set of learning and development activities such as self-managed learning, coaching and mentoring.... [tags: Professional Skills ]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- In this essay I am going to talk about my academic skills journey. In order to achieve my goals I must build up my strengths and be acquainted with my weaknesses. Moreover, I will focus on one major skill that every student, who wants to build a career in Criminology and Criminal justice sector, will must accomplish; time management skill . In order to work in the criminal justice system it is a necessary need of self directed learning. All the research must be done with self discipline. Becoming overwork and stressed because of the deadline lead to distraction and failure.... [tags: goal, time, reading]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Personal Development Plan This report is a personal development plan that shows an evaluation of current skills and knowledge that includes my strengths and weaknesses. Development is a lifelong of nurturing, shaping and improving an individual's skills, knowledge and interests to ensure my maximum effectiveness and adaptability, and to minimize the obsolescence of my skills and my chances of redundancy. It does not necessarily imply upward movement; rather, it is about enabling individuals to improve and use my full potential at each career stage.... [tags: Papers]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- My definition of leadership is, having the ability to positively influence people and push the to be better and in the end accomplish the goal. The definition it self hasn’t really changed over the semester but I do feel like I learned some better qualities that leaders should strive to obtain. Like I have said before Leadership development is a continuously changing process where there is always something you can improve on. Looking at my development plan it was really about creating a plan to achieve more success in my areas of improvement that my peers and myself identified in my self-assessment.... [tags: Leadership, Learning, Better, Communication]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Included in my HELP notes section for TM182 and T216 are the possibility of engaging in study outside of my qualification in the form of MCTS and CCNA examinations respectively. These external courses are mostly covered in the modules included in my HELP, but some additional study and resources will be required. By making note of them in my HELP I allow myself adequate time to consider these in conjunction with my current study, making informed choices as to whether I would be able to carry out both simultaneously or if extra time would be required.... [tags: personal development, career change]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Five-Year Career Development Plan Introduction: Career development is a continuous process of handling proactively work and changes in life in order to move forward and reach the goals set for a better future. It involves learning new skills, moving up in the position within the organization or altogether moving to new organization or even starting up a new business. A career development plan is created to set goals and how to reach these goals using your talents and skills in the working world.... [tags: personal goals]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- In this assignment we as a team will discuss how to effectively plan for success in careers. Including which strategies can be employed for professional growth, such as continued learning by staying up to date on current information in your field or earning a higher degree, taking advantage of training and development opportunities through your employer. Gain certifications and endorsements; join professional organizations, clubs and or societies, volunteer for opportunities that will help you build your skills and knowledge, watch for ways to lead, seek out promotions, also knowing when to leave and move on to other opportunities.... [tags: Management, Personal development, Time management]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction “To look forward with acuity you must first look back with honesty.” This quote from Warren Bennis is one of the greatest philosophies by which I attempt to lead. Good leaders understand that this ability to reflect honesty on the past is critical to success in the future. In order to lead and coach a team from a position of resonance leaders must engage in a continuous journey of self-discovery. In gaining a deep understanding of themselves they are more readily able to coach and develop their teams.... [tags: Leadership, Personal Experience, Coaching]
1794 words (5.1 pages)