With there being different types of pollution, “air pollution is by far the most harmful form of pollution in our environment. Air pollution is caused by injurious smoke emitted by cars, buses, trucks, trains, and factories” (UCCEE). Air pollution is deleterious to both the health of people as an increasing number of health issues are arising as well as slowly destroying our environment. Earth’s atmosphere and ozone layers are greatly affected by air pollution due to all pollutants that move to these locations. As a result of environmental pollution in general, there are many resources that organizations as well as people have developed to try and prevent pollution. Society sees environmental pollution as Earth’s murderer and has taken the steps to try and prevent it, but millennials are the new generation of involvement.
Millennials feel the same way that the rest of society feels towards environmental pollution and “say they are more focused on the environment than their parents’ generation, 76% to 24%” (Timm). Millennials are taking a huge step towards finding ways to prevent pollution from occurring and have a stronger emphasis on ta...
... middle of paper ...
... themselves around. With environmental pollution being the way that it is and the effects that is can cause someone, it can be questioned whether or not it can be controlled.
As millennials we feel that pollution can be reduced, but however it cannot be completely controlled. I strongly believe that it is not possible for us to be able to live in a world without environmental pollution. Realistically speaking we can try and do so much to reduce pollution, but there is too much going on to put a stop to it. Being a millennial who cares about trying to prevent pollution from spreading furthermore, we want to believe and hope that we could be able to live in a world without environmental pollution. The only way that this could potentially happen is if we restrict the use of automobiles which would make our air cleaner and if we become extremely environmental friendly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pollution and environmental problems of mankind In recent years, we often hear and use the word "ecology", but one can hardly assume that everyone understands him correctly. About even the experts argue what meaning people should invest in this concept. In the meantime, they argue, laymen have realized such ecological minimum: it means - to breathe clean air, drink clean water, eat food without nitrates and glow in the dark. The term "ecology" (from the Greek "oikos" - a house, dwelling place, and "logos" - science) was provided in 1866 by the German zoologist Ernst Haeckel, who introduced it into use to refer to "general science about the organisms and their environment.... [tags: Pollution, Environmentalism, Air pollution]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Environmental pollution is a major problem in most countries in the world and it is spreading like a wildfire. Pollutions are substances that are hazardous, present in the environment. Water, air, soil, noise and light pollution are almost present in every country in the world. These are dangerous to the health of not only humans but also in every living creature in this planet, for it is the primary cause of many diseases. Pollution also damages our ozone layer, spoil our water resources and kill our animals.... [tags: Pollution, Environmentalism, Soil contamination]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Water Pollution Environmental issues are a key issue in today’s society. Many of the issues that have been caused have been because of the Humans. Some say in order for us Humans to survive the actions that Humans do are necessary, the need to do such things to the Earth in order for us to receive our resources. But the things Humans do to receive our resources and provide us with our needs, there is an effect to this. Everything people do today could affect us our family in the future. Humans have to remember that there is a job, and that job is to care for the place, which is earth.... [tags: Water, Water pollution, Tap water]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Throughout history, we as a society has been prone to polluting the earth without realizing the damage it may cause. It may not be obvious now but all those built up pollutions will have brought about a disaster for the future generations to come if we don’t try to keep it to a minimum. The one with the greatest concerns would be toxic air pollutants as “it may cause various significant health problems and generally comes from power plants, industries, pesticide application, and contaminated windblown dust”(Birkeland), which are produced by humans.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Acid rain, Chlorine]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Significantly water is the universal solvent and factories are dumping wastewater into surrounding water areas and causing it to become polluted. Factories in the United States pollute water, which has an effect on society in many different ways. Not only do factories release wastewater which contained harmful chemicals in order to keep moving forward without taking responsibility for the greater effects, but it caused society and what they are doing to the environment. Wastewater from factories suggest a type of water pollution that causes many problems in the environment from the harmful chemicals and can be dangerous.... [tags: Water, Groundwater, Water pollution]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- “It is high time for human beings to take the ‘right’ action towards saving the earth from major environmental issues” (“Current Environmental Issues”). Over the years, humans continue to have a harmful impact on the environment that needs to be addressed. Throughout one’s life, a person needs to be aware of ongoing environmental changes. People should prioritize ways to protect our planet. Pollution is a major concern, while the protection of nature is also an ongoing issue in our society. Pollution is a problem that needs attention to save essential qualities of the environment.... [tags: Pollution, Global warming, Natural environment]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Air is valuable essence of every living thing on earth, especially the human race. Clean air is key to sustain the equilibrium of life on this planet. Having deficient air quality can lead to multiple consequences such as emissions from various substances, both natural and human caused. Air is a combination of several gases that are invisible and odorless. Air pollution occurs when the environment contains gases, dust, fumes or other harmful substances. The amounts which are harmful to humans and animals could also damage to plants and materials.... [tags: Air pollution]
1386 words (4 pages)
- There comes a time when individuals listen to whatever they feel is necessary. Individuals are influential when it comes to an idea or thought if they comprehend it somewhere in person. Individuals believe that since it is stated somewhere important, like a newspaper, that it has value and needs more understanding. One of those ideas is talking about light pollution and the cause of the animals. In my English class in my undergraduate years, the teacher brought up an idea about light pollution and the effects it has on animals.... [tags: Light, Lighting, Light pollution, Insect]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Having electricity is something that most people feel they need to be comfortable and safe in their day to day lives. So much so, that the demand for lighting has increased rapidly over the years. This increase in demand also includes the usage of artificial lighting which also contributes greatly to light pollution. Light pollution has had an unfavorable effect on the planet and this includes humans, animals, and plants as a whole. Light pollution is the “inappropriate or excessive usage of light causing glare, sky glow, and light trespass”.... [tags: Light pollution, Lighting, Light]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Air pollution is a well-known problem throughout the world. Humans know that we are the major cause for air pollution and although we know this fact, we continue to pollute. We poison our air every day by throwing out enormous piles of garbage, burning tons of fossil fuels, and driving millions of miles each year, but do we truly know how much this affects our society and our Earth. Smog, acid rain, the greenhouse effect, and ozone depletion are some of the effects that have resulted from air pollution.... [tags: Environmental Pollution, Global Warming]
1340 words (3.8 pages)