The principle of person centred care can be seen within the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s Code of conduct 2015 which establishes a set of standards of professional duty that is required by all nurses and midwives, to provide sufficient care to people/patients that require it. It secures people’s rights, decisions and choices during their care (Thompson, 2006). Although the Nursing and midwifery code is centred on governing the expected behaviour and attitudes of registered professionals, it goes far beyond the daily practice of nurses and midwives with regards to its importance and need in integrating person centeredness in any form practice. There are various fundamental principles outlined within the nursing and midwifery code which fall under four primary categories; Prioritising People, Practising Effectively, Preserving Safety and Promoting professionalism and trust (NMC 2015...
... middle of paper ...
...gnity and respect, the patients begin to feel a sense of autonomy and control of their own life. They tend to feel more valued as an individual and become much more confident when they feel the need to express their views regarding care or to raise any concerns which they may have. The uniqueness and intrinsic value of the individual person is acknowledged and each person is treated with respect.
The goal of effective high-quality, person centred care is to improve quality of life for the patient and their family, by increasing comfort, promoting dignity and providing a support system to the patient and those close to them. Nursing staff must encompass an understanding that treating patients with dignity is a key part in helping individuals to cope and manage in retrospect to their illness or condition and promote a positive attitude within a positive environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I enjoyed reading the article enhancing diversity in nursing , the article has a lot of good point and recommendations on how to enhance the diversity in nursing workforce but, some of the requirement to me it’s already sound like it will automatically eliminate some of the minorities. One good example is the eligibility criteria which include having record of leadership activities in class, GPA of 3.0 or greater and the students must complete the nursing major in the specified time frame. To me I do think that if we want to help the memories we cannot treat them as regular student we should lower or eliminate some of the criteria for eligibility.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Effective Practice In the Social justice system, there is a conglomerate of individuals that are motivated to question injustices along with advocating against the biases that society afflicts on a diverse population. Subsequently, these Individuals promote social justice and seek positive solutions for a designated population. In addition, social justice promotes advocacy and inhibits a humanitarian approach. Through a holistic perspective, the social worker collaborates with other colleagues sharing the same vision in order to effectively uphold the dignity and the rights of populations in a community.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Social justice, Childhood]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- The purpose behind this report is to analyse inclusive practice within an early years setting of a child with a special educational needs (SEN). This is done through a case study. In order to establish whether inclusion is being taken into consideration and put into place, theoretical views, legislation and appropriate intervention methods will be discussed in this report. There is sufficient evidence being drawn upon as how the setting provides equal access to the curriculum for the child. The report will consider strategies that are in place to promote and factors that hinder inclusive educational practice.... [tags: Early Years Provision Design]
2385 words (6.8 pages)
- Currently, I have completed 9 12-hour shifts in the medical/surgical ICU, during this time I have made excellent progress in attaining my established goals. I completed sub-goal 1 and have completed approximately 75% of sub-goal 2. I was successful as my goals this semester were realistic and achievable within the short time frame (10 weeks). In total I created 4 unique and specific activities to assist in achieving my overarching learning goal. Creating my own individual learning plan to address my unique learning needs is a type of learning is called Self Directed Learning (SDL).... [tags: Learning, Educational psychology, Skill]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Discussion Post Week One NURS 6541 N-11 As an advanced practice nurse (APN), one must be able to provide care for both children and families from diverse groups and cultural backgrounds. This first week focuses on providing culturally competent child and family assessments. The purpose of this discussion is to explore the providers, patients and family cultural belief systems, and the impact it has on patient and family assessment and care. Also, strategies to ensure the most appropriate and culturally competent care throughout the child?s various stages of development.... [tags: Family, Culture, The Culture, Infant mortality]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- This paper will explore the role of the director in modeling reflective practice as a tool to move a program towards programmatic excellence. Childcare directors are closely connected to all aspects of the childcare program; they supervise and support the teachers and staff and they work with the children and families. They are responsible for the program administration. They are the program manager and the center leader. This paper will suggest ways to incorporate more reflective practice into our programs at Kennedy Heights Community Center.... [tags: Childcare Directors, Early Childhood]
1765 words (5 pages)
- Policy Practice aids practicum students/social workers with practice that involves the formulation, adoption, implementation and evaluation of all types of social service and social welfare policies. The University of Connecticut website states, “Typical Policy Practice activities include defining social problems, assessing needs, developing and implementing programs and forecasting future problems, needs, policies and programs. Policy Practice involves designing, implementing and evaluating programs involving a range of clients and citizens, with special emphasis on oppressed individuals and groups” (2016).... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Policy analysis]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- improve the quality of service, increase worker productivity, stimulate innovation, and improve the personal relationship among staff and administrators. Therefore the supervisory process explained by Lewis: providing encouragement and support for the supervisee and providing prompt and objective feedback designed to enhance the supervisee’s professional development. The Director at my internship, Ms. Sloan, stated” she strives to be a leader rather than a boss” She wants to instill trust and support to her team and she feels the only way to obtain trust is to be consistent.... [tags: Sociology, Social network, Management]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Counselor characteristics are also an important part of the therapeutic dynamic. As the case study demonstrates, the professional counselor began with a good rapport and empathy. I believe the session was effective because the client and the counselor worked together with re-evaluating how the client was going to improve his circumstances. In this case study, the counselor establishes a good relationship and empathy with the client, which allows him to be completely honest about his thoughts and feelings.... [tags: Counseling ]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Management Principles and Practice Although it is possible to adopt a fairly atheoritical, empirical approach to assessing personality, even psychologists make assumptions or have some preconceptions with regard to the expected outcome and nature of their research. Unfortunately, theories are often based on a minimum of actual observations of the objects of their efforts. At the very least, it should be recognised that some frame of reference, some conceptual guidelines can be helpful in assessing and explaining personality.... [tags: Papers]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- The International Business Strategy And Valuable Business Relationships
- Free Speech Should Not Be Allowed On The Internet
- Being A Part Of A 12- Step Group Program
- Gender Inequality Still Exists Between Husbands And Wives
- Democracy Is A Way Of Life Controlled By Working Faith
- Children 's Highest Levels Of School Readiness Skills