Another additional drawback is the lack of standard practices for social media adoption and implementation. Social media marketing is not uniformly indicated for all type of products and services despite the abovementioned benefits to its adoption. Kim and Ko suggest that building luxury brand awareness through social media adoption can have the counterintuitive effect of reducing customer equity for branded products. Their study showed that after Louis Vuitton became increasingly popular in Korea, many counterfeits appeared, which in turn, ruined the distinctive elements of the brand. Shen and Bissell suggest that high-end companies adjust for this effect by being significantly more selective in both the timing and targeting of their social media marketing. Companies clearly have to be deliberate and careful in their decisions to...
... middle of paper ...
...s. Users are most engaged when companies are authentic in expressing their unique story and when companies successfully target their customers using all the tools at their disposal.
Social media has provided companies with extraordinary opportunities to engage customers with their brands and products through personalized and participative marketing. While there are potential pitfalls involved in adopting social media marketing, there are also opportunities for increased customer engagement and more effective marketing that come with social media. Properly implementing social media marketing in beneficial ways clearly requires careful and deliberate planning. As businesses become more knowledgeable in utilizing social media for their marketing needs, they will be better able to leverage the benefits of the increased personalization afforded by social media marketing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Referral programs have many different potential benefits and drawbacks for businesses. One potential benefit would be the cost of having a referral program. Word of mouth advertising costs the business virtually nothing (Small Business). Referral programs can even provide additional sales even though the company does little or no advertising (Small Business). However for employee and customer referral programs, the people get rewarded for successfully referring people to a company. Another benefit is trust.... [tags: marketing strategies ]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- The Drawbacks of the Internet I thought I was playing it smart, keeping up with the trend, surfing the inernet. I've always been a bit wary of the 'World Wide Web'. Ok, so I can send an e-mail half way around the world in the blink of an eye, but whose reading it. What if I dare to send a message with the word 'bomb' or 'terrorist' in it. Will it be chased up by the FBI or MI5 who will track my e-mail, intercept snail-mail and tail me until they're sure I'm not plotting to blow up the Whitehouse.... [tags: Papers]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- According to Chen et.al. (2009) , usability refer to the overall Website layout and functionality. Therefore in a WPS, usability means that all personalize tools and functions should have essential usability features such reliable, speed, informative and ease of use. For example, personalized Website should easily accessible, easy to navigate through, have credibility, and have a positive experience to a user. Measuring success or effectiveness of a WPS is important for businesses and users, since Websites today, have access to incredible amount of data about the visitors and users to their Websites, the preferences and their behavior (Peyton, 2003; Peyton, 2003; Shearin & Lieberman, 2001).... [tags: Internet]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- The United States constitution grants many freedoms with minimal to no restrictions, which can be considered beneficial to the public. In “we are free to be you, me, stupid, and dead” by Roger Rosenblatt, he relays the disadvantages of limitless freedom. He focuses mainly on freedom of speech and the possible drawbacks to having ungoverned freedom of expression. Roger points out the public faulty rationale in the first paragraph as he says, “Everyone loves free expression as long as it isn't exercised”.... [tags: Essay Analysis, US Constitution]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- ... The idea of texting hurting the social image of some teens is undeniable because almost every year, there is always a story about how a teen has committed suicide due to cyber bullying and their peers sending inappropriate things about them to others. Despite the negative effects, texting does not have drawbacks to grammar, as stated before, texting can seriously help shy teens step their feet into a bit of water out of their comfort zone by at least some form of socializing with others. Some teenagers have severe anti-social problems and if texting helps some cure that problem, then so be it.... [tags: debunking the concerns and dangers]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- Every state has its own distinct electoral system in choosing their government, Britain is not an exception. It is a well-established country, which also seeks an appropriate and effective legislature. This in turn involves fair and rational voting policy and distribution of seats. During periods it had different systems of election and the current one is First-Past-The-Post (FPTP here and after). However, recently British government started to investigate its drawbacks and benefits, rationality and fairness of elections and now they are considering replacing it by Proportional Representation (PR here and after).... [tags: Government Electorate System UK]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- The topic of whether or not social networking sites have brought about a lot advantages as well as drawbacks for everybody is a very controversial one. On the one hand, many people think that besides very minor disadvantages, social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. have plenty of beneficial effects on people, especially students and pupils. Nothing is perfect, everything does have both of positive site and negative site. However, after careful analysis, I totally end up with the result of drawbacks outweigh advantages.... [tags: Social Medias, Technological Advancements]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Taxes have been around for thousands of years. Their main purpose has always been to raise money for the government or those who were in charge. Today, many people want to use taxes for a different reason and some have already done so. Some people want to use taxes to prevent people from buying certain items, specifically unhealthy foods. Many health conscious people will talk about the many benefits of taxing unhealthy foods, but they tend to leave out the drawbacks of taxing such things. The drawbacks include the large opposition to this tax, the economic impact, as well as the consequences of charging people more for food that was originally considered low in price.... [tags: Taxing, Governments, Raising Money, History]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- Trading is not concept that is new. Trading can be seen from all aspects of life throughout time. Whether it is a child in a elementary school, trading a bag chips for a cupcake, or it is back two thousand years and Native Americans trading with pilgrims. The concept of international trade is not new either, but the concept of international trade has as many benefits as it has drawbacks. One of the many advantages of trading internationally is having foreign direct investment (Investopedia, Foreign Direct Investment).... [tags: globalization, economic analysis]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Data Mining Benefits and Drawbacks Introduction In a world where computers are becoming as essential to daily life as the cars we drive or the telephones we use to communicate, it is difficult to find a person who doesn’t have some particular use for computers. Computers have become the information stores of the world. If you take a moment to think about all the kinds of information a person can and does hold on their computer it is staggering. I myself have all the passwords to my email and bank accounts, the history of every web page I’ve visited in the last 3 weeks, my credit card numbers, the complete history of all my banking transactions for the last three years stored on my comput... [tags: Internet Data Mining Businesses Essays]
2696 words (7.7 pages)