Global warming is one of the biggest problems facing our world today, that threatens to take away everything we have. our temperatures are slowly deliberately accumulating, and with that, our world is crumbling. Global warming is avoidable, but us humans need to take a step forward and hinder it. since the 1900s, our world evoked entering the era of industrialization, and global warming also suddenly erupted before anyone noticed. Global warming is permanent and cannot be reversed. We have to act now as a group and stop global warming before it is too late.
Global warming has many negative effects. When people hear the term global warming, they usually think of all the countries being very hot and people getting heat strokes. However, that is not all of the effects of global warming. In the past years, glaciers have shrunk, ice on rivers and lakes are breaking faster, and snowpack sizes in Antarctica and Greenland have decreased greatly. Plants and animals have also been affected in many pessimistic ways. Because of the change global warming has brought, plant and animal ranges have shifted. Trees and flowers are blooming earlier than usual because of global warming. Finally, there are more severe storms. The North Atlantic has shown increased hurricane intensity since the 1970’s. In Northern Europe, Eastern America, and parts of Asia have increased precipitation amounts. Droughts have become longer and more severe. Many areas are seeing bigger and more intense snow storms. Hurricanes nowadays have higher wind speeds than before, and finally, hurricanes stay stronger longer because of warming at the bottom of the ocean.
Global warming is caused by many things. The main reason is because of too much carbon dioxide in the atmospher...
... middle of paper ...
...alk and use bikes. We would get exercise as well as where we have to go. Also, if cars are needed, buy one with a high milage. Scientists found ways for energy other than natural gas. People should use wind turbines, solar energy and other forms of renewable energy. Cars with batteries are invented so people should use cars that can be charged. These cars use a very little amount of gas and can be recharged.
To conclude, Global warming is a problem that has to be addressed to the world properly and has to be stopped. There are other forms of energy to use other than natural gas. People have to stop burning fossil fuels and use the new methods for everything society depends on. When global warming reaches its peak, everything we have built upon for millions of years will be destroyed. If we all do our part, global warming will slowly fade away leaving nothing behind.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Lastly, the main green house gas refers to Fluorinated Gases that make up multiple chemical reactions, create holes in the atmosphere, and increase global temperatures. In addition to global warming contributors, the EPA has also identified particulate matter or particle pollution as another source for climate change. Particulate matter ranges in size and texture, which are often found in the air. Particulate matters can be detrimental to the health of humans and the environment. According to the EPA, particulate matter is “emitted directly from a source, such as construction sites, unpaved roads, fields, smokestacks or fires.... [tags: climate, natural causes, environment]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- ... 2015). Furthermore, such situation becomes even more increasing worse than 800,000 years ago, the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere reached a record high in the middle of 2015 (Nassos, Paul & John, 2015). Other events in nature such as deforestation and burning fossil and fuels can also be the serious cause of global warming. Forest is the main storage medium of the carbon dioxide, however, due to the increasing demand for natural resources, trees have been cut down in large-scale, when those plants die and decay, it will reduce the ability of the forest to regulate the balance of the atmosphere, as well as leading to enormous amounts of stored carbon enter the atmosphere (M.Venkata... [tags: Global warming, Greenhouse gas, Carbon dioxide]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- ... According to R. Zalaghi and A. Landi (2009), professors in Shahid Chamran University, department of soil science, claimed that “Carbon dioxide is increasing at the rate of 5% a year. Burning fuel and changing land use are two major human activities that result in this increase. Methane has a greenhouse effect as 21 times greater as CO2” (p.2307). Another study shows that in the next fifty years the earth temperature would increase dramatically, which will create a massive problem to our lives and extinction to other creatures.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Oxygen]
702 words (2 pages)
- ... But the government should support progressive environmental policy instead of supporting oil. Undoubtedly we are disrupting the ways of nature by ignoring the damage we are causing to the environment and ourselves. There have been an increasing number of studies, which show there has been damaging effects from the mass amounts of light and noise humans are continually outputting into the environment. This type of pollution impacts the environment by disturbing mammals, birds and fish breeding patterns.... [tags: Pollution, Global warming, Causality, Earth]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Global warming is the term used to describe a gradual increase in the average temperature of the Earth 's atmosphere and its oceans, a change that is believed to be permanently changing the Earth’s climate. There is great debate among many people, and sometimes in the news, on whether global warming is real. While many view the effects of global warming to be more substantial and more rapidly occurring than others do, the scientific consensus on climatic changes related to global warming is that the average temperature of the Earth has risen between 0.4 and 0.8 °C over the past 100 years.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Earth]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- ... It is universally accepted by all five articles that increasing amounts of carbon dioxide entering the atmosphere is the primary cause of global warming. The articles also unanimously agree that finding a way to lower the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is an important goal that everyone needs to work on. The article Reviewing New and Renewable Energy Applicable to Roads and Estimating Energy Intensity by Guenhee lee, Jongdae Baek, Hyejung Hu, and Duckyoon Ku summarizes this idea nicely when they state, “the effort to reduce carbon dioxide emissions on roads is a mission mankind has to face and achieve” (760).... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- ... According to the NRDC organization, climate change, a cause of global warming, is "the biggest global health threat of the 21st century”. This clearly shows what the disastrous and observable effects of global warming can do. Many other effects contribute to environmental and economic losses, for example, as land ice and seawater begin to melt, the sea level will rise. The Global Climate Change of NASA, states that the sea level “is projected to rise another 1 to 4 feet by 2100...further increase flooding in many of these regions.” Other effects include heat waves, leading to a majority of deaths from drought, the rise in temperature, and extreme hurricanes and tropical storms.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Coal]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Introductory Paragraph Imagine longer summers, shorter winters, with no spring or fall in between. Well you don't have too, because it's happening right now. It will only take one more degree for spring and fall to be gone forever. This decade has been the warmest since 1880. Scientist say that the earth could be warmer by an additional 7.2 degrees Fahrenheit by the 21st century if we don’t reduce usage of burning fossil fuels. Climate change also adds additional risks to our food supplies scientists say they are already seeing the harmful effects in some regions.... [tags: longer summers, shorter winters]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- ... According to NASA global climate change article, “Global sea level has risen by about 8 inches since reliable record keeping began in 1880. It is projected to rise another one to four feet by 2100. This is the result of added water from melting land ice and the expansion of seawater as it warms” (“Global Climate Change”). Government 's contribution to interfere in preventing the use of greenhouse gases in international level and discovering alternative ways to use cleaner energy so that the global warming is not the ultimate disaster human face.... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Water]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Pollution in our world is leading to increased global warming. Global warming is a problem that if it doesn’t effect us, it will effect all future generations. Global Warming is a problem that all of us can solve, and it should be solved through the work of our community. Global Warming is caused by the Greenhouse Effect. The Greenhouse effect causes the sun’s rays to come in the earth’s atmosphere, and when it bounces back, more and more of the sun’s rays stay in the Earth, heating up the average global temperature.... [tags: Causes and Effects of Climate Change]
2086 words (6 pages)