Global warming is one of the biggest problems facing our world today, that threatens to take away everything we have. our temperatures are slowly deliberately accumulating, and with that, our world is crumbling. Global warming is avoidable, but us humans need to take a step forward and hinder it. since the 1900s, our world evoked entering the era of industrialization, and global warming also suddenly erupted before anyone noticed. Global warming is permanent and cannot be reversed. We have to act now as a group and stop global warming before it is too late.
Global warming has many negative effects. When people hear the term global warming, they usually think of all the countries being very hot and people getting heat strokes. However, that is not all of the effects of global warming. In the past years, glaciers have shrunk, ice on rivers and lakes are breaking faster, and snowpack sizes in Antarctica and Greenland have decreased greatly. Plants and animals have also been affected in many pessimistic ways. Because of the change global warming has brought, plant and animal ranges have shifted. Trees and flowers are blooming earlier than usual because of global warming. Finally, there are more severe storms. The North Atlantic has shown increased hurricane intensity since the 1970’s. In Northern Europe, Eastern America, and parts of Asia have increased precipitation amounts. Droughts have become longer and more severe. Many areas are seeing bigger and more intense snow storms. Hurricanes nowadays have higher wind speeds than before, and finally, hurricanes stay stronger longer because of warming at the bottom of the ocean.
Global warming is caused by many things. The main reason is because of too much carbon dioxide in the atmospher...
... middle of paper ...
...alk and use bikes. We would get exercise as well as where we have to go. Also, if cars are needed, buy one with a high milage. Scientists found ways for energy other than natural gas. People should use wind turbines, solar energy and other forms of renewable energy. Cars with batteries are invented so people should use cars that can be charged. These cars use a very little amount of gas and can be recharged.
To conclude, Global warming is a problem that has to be addressed to the world properly and has to be stopped. There are other forms of energy to use other than natural gas. People have to stop burning fossil fuels and use the new methods for everything society depends on. When global warming reaches its peak, everything we have built upon for millions of years will be destroyed. If we all do our part, global warming will slowly fade away leaving nothing behind.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Lastly, the main green house gas refers to Fluorinated Gases that make up multiple chemical reactions, create holes in the atmosphere, and increase global temperatures. In addition to global warming contributors, the EPA has also identified particulate matter or particle pollution as another source for climate change. Particulate matter ranges in size and texture, which are often found in the air. Particulate matters can be detrimental to the health of humans and the environment. According to the EPA, particulate matter is “emitted directly from a source, such as construction sites, unpaved roads, fields, smokestacks or fires.... [tags: climate, natural causes, environment]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- In the contemporary world, global warming has become an important issue concerned by all mankind. Global warming is a natural phenomenon. The causes of global warming is the release of a large amount of greenhouse gasses such as carbon dioxide, due to the industrialisation, deforestation and burning fossil and fuels, leading to a rise in earth’s temperature, which can have serious consequences. There are many negative effects can be caused by global warming that is beyond human’s control. One of the major causes of global warming is industrialisation.... [tags: Global warming, Greenhouse gas, Carbon dioxide]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- A massive change in the past centuries has happened to our planet, which was a result of global warming. Global warming is a big environmental issue that affects the whole wide world, which everyone must know and be aware of it, especially youth. By educating younger generations and spreading social awareness there might be a big difference in future actions. The effect of global warming can be grouped into three main headings; the increase of carbon dioxide, weather change, CFCs, methane, and glaciers melt.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Oxygen]
702 words (2 pages)
- Pollution is arguably one of earth’s biggest threats, but it has yet to gain significant enough political attention to warrant substantial legislation change on a global level. Due to the rise of an exponentially larger human population, growing global trade markets and the domination of capitalism in many industrial countries, we are placing an increasing amount of stress on the environment which has detrimental consequences for the air we breathe, the water we drink and every species that inhabits the earth with us.... [tags: Pollution, Global warming, Causality, Earth]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Global warming is the term used to describe a gradual increase in the average temperature of the Earth 's atmosphere and its oceans, a change that is believed to be permanently changing the Earth’s climate. There is great debate among many people, and sometimes in the news, on whether global warming is real. While many view the effects of global warming to be more substantial and more rapidly occurring than others do, the scientific consensus on climatic changes related to global warming is that the average temperature of the Earth has risen between 0.4 and 0.8 °C over the past 100 years.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Earth]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Over the years it has been observed that the temperature of the earth has been getting warmer and warmer. Many would simply shrug this off as fluctuation in the weather, but this has been proven to not be the case. This effect is known as global warming, and the effects associated with it is called climate change. Global warming is not simply caused by one thing. Multiple things cause global warming, but there is one main culprit, carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is a gas used by plants to undergo photosynthesis.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Global Warming: Hazardous Effects and Prevention Around the world, cars are roaming freely off of fossil fuels, oil and coal are getting produced, and energy is being conducted through nuclear power plants. These important activities, necessary for our daily lives, are emitting greenhouse gasses, such as carbon dioxide, into our atmosphere. The negative impact is that as they are released to our atmosphere, devastatingly trapping and absorbing heat, they’re causing global warming. Global warming is a serious issue that we need to prevent and resolve.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Coal]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Introductory Paragraph Imagine longer summers, shorter winters, with no spring or fall in between. Well you don't have too, because it's happening right now. It will only take one more degree for spring and fall to be gone forever. This decade has been the warmest since 1880. Scientist say that the earth could be warmer by an additional 7.2 degrees Fahrenheit by the 21st century if we don’t reduce usage of burning fossil fuels. Climate change also adds additional risks to our food supplies scientists say they are already seeing the harmful effects in some regions.... [tags: longer summers, shorter winters]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Global warming ignites vital challenges the globe faces in the recent century. Humans’ anthropogenic activities, expansion of industrialization, the growth of population and usage of fossil gases encompasses the major contributing factors of global warming affecting the rise in sea level, widespread melting of ice sheets, expansion of deserts, heavy rain, which causes a flood and heavy snowfalls, drought, increase in death rate and other devastating long-term challenges to the entire globe. Shifting the path of the world to a complete diverted one brings up heated topics across the world, which worries every human residing on the planet.... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Water]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Pollution in our world is leading to increased global warming. Global warming is a problem that if it doesn’t effect us, it will effect all future generations. Global Warming is a problem that all of us can solve, and it should be solved through the work of our community. Global Warming is caused by the Greenhouse Effect. The Greenhouse effect causes the sun’s rays to come in the earth’s atmosphere, and when it bounces back, more and more of the sun’s rays stay in the Earth, heating up the average global temperature.... [tags: Causes and Effects of Climate Change]
2086 words (6 pages)