Of all my essays, I worked in matters such as literature narrative, rhetorical analysis, synthesis, and a persuasive paper. My first essay, literature narrative, supposed to be the easiest to be work on. However, since it was the first essay of the semester, it was not easy. After spending a whole Summer resting and not thinking at all in subjects related to school, I faced the problem of inactivity. I needed to turn on the engines and work hard. Moreover, it cost me a lot of time to draft my first essay. I remind that just the brainstorm took me from five to six days. However, after a lot of work and always revising something here and there, I finally got my first essay done with success. I believe I did a good job on this topic because I relied of many specific examples in order to make a clear image in the readers' head.
My second essay, rhetorical analysis, was something completely different for me. I have never worked before analyzing articles and citing all my work. Also, I have never used quotation before. During the process of drafting, I faced some issues to adequate to the MLA format. I used firstly the NC Live, which you can send for your own email the desired citation
of a determined article, however n...
... middle of paper ...
...n reading over the semester. To illustrate, I learned new methods to stimulate children reading more, problems and benefits of technological use, government programs to incentive children's education, and many other interesting information and data. Reading feeds people with content and new ideas. After reading several articles, I feel more informed about the world and intrigued to learn even more, --this maybe was my biggest gain from the semester.
Finally, I am proud of my development over the semester. I am also happy to learn so many things such as citation, research, analyze, and many others things, which will serve as a ground for my next classes and maybe for my future career as well. Moreover, I hope I keep using these strategies learned over the semester in the next classes, so I will not forget , instead it will improve even more.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We can all agree that studying strategies rarely ever stray from sitting down and reviewing the material. Though some people may vary in their preferences, such as listening to music or sitting in silence, the fact remains that studying involves going over what needs to be known. If you do not how to study then it is a good idea to learn before you need it most of all. There is no need to fear though, if this is the case, since studying is usually the same no matter the subject. Before you can even think of diving into the notes you need to know what it is you are studying for.... [tags: Psychology, Person, Debut albums, Need to know]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Stress is a part of daily living. It is a condition or feeling experienced when a person perceives that demands exceed the personal and social resources the individual is able to mobilize. Stress can be very overwhelming and at times take control of your life. In order to take control of the stress you are experiencing, it is important to apply strategies into your daily routine that will help you cope with the stress and get it under control. Over the past few weeks, I have used many different coping strategies to deal with my anxiety and lack of sleep.... [tags: exersice, time, management, healthier, eating]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Reviewing English in the 21st Century Edited by Wayne Sawyer & Eva Gold Designed for teachers of English, Reviewing English in the 21st Century provides an overview of changes in English teaching in Australia over the last six decades, and the theories behind such changes. This edition also explains current popular theories for teaching English, and suggests methods for implementing them in the classroom. The first section of the book, ‘Reviewing’, relates how new models of English teaching, such as the cultural heritage, skills, personal growth and cultural studies models, have been influenced by developments in learning theories.... [tags: essays research papers]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Reviewing my SmartMeasure Test scores I am surprised to know, my study strategy is logical. And according with the results, it also reports that visual, physical, social, and verbal are also a high percentage of my learning strengths. Solitary and aural are the lowest percentage, which mean they are a weakness. I need to work harder on studying longer for shorter periods of time. The reason I think studying longer but having many interruptions helps more is because you get a break in the material and you come back 10- 20 minutes later and test yourself.... [tags: personal reflections]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- “The Stanford Prison Experiment” by Philip G. Zimbardo was written to explain the results of the Stanford prison experiment. Zimbardo while trying to gain support for his conclusions of the experiment, demonstrated many errors in his writing, and in his own experiment. The errors that Zimbardo commits call into question the validity of his argument, and the experiment. The goal explained by Zimbardo was “to understand more about the process by such people called “prisoners” lose their liberty, civil rights, independence, and privacy, while those called “guards” gain social power by accepting the responsibility for controlling and managing the lives of their dependent charges” (Zimbardo 733... [tags: Case Study, solution]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Reviewing the Homepage of Preston's Website In the following report I will be reviewing the homepage of Prestons website, www.Prestons.co.uk. Prestons is a showroom situated in Colne, who deals with cars such as BMW and MINI. I will be explaining the content, layout and purpose of this webpage, and any improvements which I think could enhance the current company image. Content The homepage of Prestons website consists of both images and text. The main images drawn to my attention are: a red eye to show RedMammoth who is/ are the producer (s) / designer (s) of this website.... [tags: Prestons Websites Showrooms Essays]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- Reviewing the Necessity of Punishment "From 'On Crimes and Punishment'" by Cesare Beccaria is an excerpt from On Crimes and Punishment. In his address to the public, particularly those in political positions, Beccaria discusses the way we as a society choose to carry out the law. What he calls "useless severity" of punishment encompasses his thoughts on extremes such as capital punishment and the cruelties that we allow our government to inflict upon its own people in a failing attempt to bring order to our society.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- Reviewing a Business Card Name of document: The name of the document is Morgan, for all your computer related needs. A computer company that specialise in fixing computers. Type of document: The type of document is a business card. Standard card size. It is a double sided card with the contact information on the back. It is both filled front and back. Purpose of document: The purpose of the business card is to persuade people to come to Morgan if your computer needs fixing as they are specialist in the I.T field.... [tags: Free Essays]
422 words (1.2 pages)
- Reviewing Saving Private Ryan In this essay we will be looking at one of the comments that one of the reviewers of ‘Saving Private Ryan’. This particular reviewer raised the point of how the director ‘Spielberg spares the viewer nothing of the horrors of battle using every tactic at his disposal to convey the chaos brutality and suffering of war.’ I will be telling you about how far I agree with this comment. The main part of the film that I will be writing about is the opening scene of the film.... [tags: Papers]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Reviewing Magazines National Geographic I am reviewing a monthly magazine called "The National Geographic". This monthly magazine is priced suitably at £3.50 per magazine or £30 for a yearly order. The title of the magazine "Then National Geographic" is likely to appeal to those who are interested in the geographical content and the Natural world and beyond. The price is very favourable as it allows all socio-economic groupings to purchase it. As the magazine doesn't depend on advertising it has become a well established informative magazine in its own right.... [tags: Papers]
1097 words (3.1 pages)