The trend of playing video games consists of many decades. The modern day technology has revolutionized the way video games are played. The gaming industry came from an era of waiting in a line to play games at a local arcade. To fighting along side with George Washington during the American Revolution from the comfort of your own couch. Not only the way we play has changed but also what we play has transformed. The days of playing as a harmless pixelated character on a journey to save his princess in a magical world has long gone. Looking at one of the most popular old school franchise Super Mario. The plot of the game was simple. You play as a plumber whose main goal is to save his princess from the evil castle of Bowser. To do so Mario has to fight through a variety of turtles known as koopa, troopas, paratroopas and goombas. While, navigating through the game, there are many mystery blocks located. Mystery blocks are usually seen floating in midair and often contains coins and various super powers, which helps Mario to become stronger. Video games are an escape from reality and no matter how wild someone’s imagination can be, the possibility of this happening in real life is questionable. Now days, video games are being treated l...
... middle of paper ...
...." 2012. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. undefined.
Harradence, Michael. "GTA V Features Voiceovers from Real-life Gang Members, Confirms Lazlow Jones." -- PlayStation Universe. N.p., 3 Sept. 2013. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
Kain, Erik. "As Video Game Sales Climb Year Over Year, Violent Crime Continues To Fall." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 19 Apr. 2012. Web. 23 Mar. 2014.
Manson, Marilyn. "Columbine: Whose Fault Is It?" Rolling Stone :. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
LeJacq, Yannick. "Nbc News Technology." NBC News. N.p., 12 Dec. 2013. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
Sieczkowski, Cavan. "Morgan Freeman Hoax: Newtown School Shooting Statement Fake, Says Actor's Camp." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 17 Dec. 2012. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
"Terrorists Use Online Games like 'Call of Duty' to Plot Attacks." Fox News. FOX News Network, 20 Mar. 2012. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The multiplayer aspect of video games can help improve social skills due to the security and anonymity the users have. This anonymity takes away judging people by their appearance; they are now judged on who they are as a person in the game and on the microphone. This key aspect gives people more reason to open up and communicate with their team mates giving them a better gaming experience overall. As well as games helping overcome anxiety, they also help reduce stress. Numerous studies have been done in this area and it has *** been scientifically proven that video games are better at reducing stress than medication; games are an escape from the hardships of reality.... [tags: fitness, death, children]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Should Violent Video Games Be Banned. In 2008, the computer and video game industry has made $1.7 billion in revenue. Of this, 16% was made through the sale of violent video games (FYI: Video Game Statistics by the Entertainment Software Association | Critical Gaming Project). Many parents are concerned about these violent games because of how they can affect their children. Many think that these games are dangerous and should be banned. Others believe that the sale of these games should go unregulated.... [tags: minors, violent, video games, ratings]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- At this day in age we bask in the luxury of having easy access to advanced technology at our disposal. From the World Wide Web, to cell phones, music, movies and video games the human race has thought of any and everything to keep us entertained. Over the years studies have shown reasonable concerns regarding the long-term effects of video games. These games can desensitize gamers to real life violence, which is usually seen in the younger crowd. The studies especially hit on the games containing player-on-player violence.... [tags: Anti Violent Video Games]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Bloodshed and aggression is everywhere; in magazines, in the shops, on the TV, on websites like YouTube as well as in video games. Yet, why is it that those video games are assumed to be the biggest media source responsible for the violent outbursts of different individuals. Is this really the case. Every eight out of ten homes in the United Kingdom own a existing generation games console and video games have become a extraordinary source of education when helping kids to learn, such websites like educationcity.com or the VTech Learning System that teach kids literacy, numeracy and the sciences through their games.... [tags: video games, violent games, call of duty]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- An increase in violent outbreaks may be linked to violent video games. There has been an increasing amount of crime in the age groups involved violent video games in some way. In turn, watching and/or participating in violent video games can increase violent behavior. Violent outbreaks are more common with age groups that are actively participating in violent video games, or have an active role within the community of violent video games. An article states "Sales of video games have more than quadrupled from 1995-2008, while the arrest rate for juvenile murders fell 71.9% and the arrest rate for all juvenile violent crimes declined 49.3% in this same period" (Video Games ProCon.org).... [tags: violent, video games, behavior]
702 words (2 pages)
- Ever since the video game was invented many years ago, violent, bloody games have existed also. Some include killing zombies, shooting people, and fighting that ends in either someone dying or being hurt. The outcome remains the same, and a select few continue to live out these games throughout their daily life. These games can sometimes cause people to become angry. Although, some video games may have a negative effect on some people’s lives, other reasons such as their home life can be a factor in these people’s behavior.... [tags: child's behavior, violent games,video games]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris, Adam Lanza, Steven Phillip Kazmierczak, and Seung-Hui Cho all have a few things in common, they are all school shooters that have killed and injured a combined total of 149 human beings and are or were believed to be avid violent video game players, who also committed suicide immediately after carrying out their attacks. To the public, school shooters seem to share a direct connection to playing violent video games and that playing them leads to violent behavior.... [tags: behaviors, video games, media, violent]
1762 words (5 pages)
- A young, blonde woman stands with her fists raised. She shifts her weight back and forth, staying in constant motion. Her jaw is set and her blue eyes dangerous. She faces her opponent with no fear. Her fellow combatant is a skilled warrior and a member of a Shirai Ryu clan. He’s spent years mastering his own special style of martial arts. The woman observes him carefully. He’s muscular and, no doubt, fast. She cannot see most of his face, as a gold and black mask obscures it, but she can see his eyes.... [tags: Video Games Don't Cause Children to be Violent]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Does playing video games cause aggressive behavior. Because children and teenagers spend an increased amount of time each day playing video games, they are shaping their values, attitudes, and behaviors. For people who do act out aggressively, the results can be deadly. Monthly, the news is filled with blood-chilling accounts of crimes committed due to a copy-cat obsession with violent video games. This paper will present a brief review of literature and reveal the difficulties in answering this question with certainty.... [tags: Media, Violent Video Games]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Violent Video Games and Aggressive Behavior Statistics have shown that the violence among young people is increasing every year. Many people blame musicians and other types of artists who portray negative actions as something positive. Others might blame the parents for not watching over their children. But many people fail to bring up technology as an issue. With the new DVD that shows sex and violence or computers that gives kids access to unauthorized sites, technology is something that many parents need to look out for.... [tags: Violent Video Games Youth Violence]
1571 words (4.5 pages)