Through the responsive web design, web developers are able to provide users of a web site with a better experience regardless of a screen size used, devices or a browser . Responsive Web Design relays on relative units (e.g. percentages) rather than fixed units (e.g. pixels). This means that the widths of the sections of a web site are created to be a percentage of the viewport .
Two of the important concepts in RWD are: the viewport and the breakpoints. Web sites optimized for a wide range of devices must include:
element in the head section of the page. This tag gives the browser directives which are applied to web page scaling and dimensions . The meta viewport width=device-width value instructs the web page to match the width of screen in device-independent pixels. The initial-scale=1 value establishes relationship between device-independent pixels and CSS pixels to 1:1.
A breakpoint in RWD is the point (width) at which the web page changes the layout of that page based on the media queries declaration . There are web sites that have triggered two different layouts at a single breakpoint. Commonly a responsive sites are designed to work with at least three distinct breakpoints targeted at typical desktop, tablet and phone widths. The number of a breakpoints depe...
... middle of paper ...
... different RWD frameworks. Every web site is different and therefore requires different characteristics.
Choosing a responsive framework for an e-commerce web site depend on many factors e.g. speed of installation, additional options, ease of understanding and long-term support. Among all the CSS frameworks, Bootstrap seems to be most suitable for the following project. In the Visual Studio, Bootstrap is simple to install and running. Bootstrap framework provides base styling for almost all HTML elements and contains extensive list of extra components such as dropdowns, buttons, labels and more. Bootstrap’s files are also provided in Less pre-processors which makes the web site easy to customize.
Some projects lack continuity in time and then support services and updates stop. Bootstrap framework is most widely used and therefore offers continued support warranty.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Pirate Charles Review January 23rd, 2010 Black Bart King of the Caribbean Pirates would be proud of his piracy progeny. Sea fairing bandits in the form of a folk band would have entertained the ruthless brigand with Celtic songs drinking the night away with a cup a tea. The prolific pioneer who clutched onto vessel after vessel affirmed his campaign against the world and anyone who sailed in his way; The Pirate Charles [TPC] takes another approach. One can fly their freak flag or a pirate flag and be accepted nonetheless.... [tags: Music Review]
1033 words (3 pages)
- The Cowon V5 32 GB MP3 Player (Black) is superbly built with a hard rock casing. It has 32GB of raw space which can be used for 9500 songs or 25 hardcore action movies. Apart from all the moving data you can even store 320,000 images. Yes the Cowon V5 32 GB MP3 Player (Black) has distinctive features which are rare in an mp3 player. The Cowon V5 32 GB MP3 Player (Black) has a 4.8inch wide screen which can be used for viewing HD movies. The display is of 800X400 pixel resolution type with 16million WVGA colors.... [tags: Product Review ]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Summary In the book Integrative Approaches to Psychology and Christianity by David Entwistle compares and contrasts the secular view of Psychology and the biblical view of Psychology. Entwistle delves into the question is psychology and Christianity mutually compatibility. The Integrative Approaches, Entwistle communicates to us there is two human behavior perspectives which relate to each other. According to Entwistle (2010), In order to intertwine psychology and Christianity it is required to define the contours of each subject.... [tags: David Entwistle book review]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology is developing day by day and we can see the advancement too. The Creative Zen X-Fi 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Wireless LAN and Built-In Speaker (Black/Silver) is one of the best gadgets you can use for listening music. It has an inbuilt wireless LAN system which can be connected for accessing internet. Well no one guessed that we would be accessing internet on the mp3 player. It has other features too which work perfect and ensure you get different playback options. Technical specifications Capacity: 16 GB Size: 3.3 x 2.2 x 0.5 inches (W x H x D) Weight: 2.4 ounces LCD: 2.5-inch TFT 16.7 million color LCD; 320 x 240 resolution Storage Capacity: 16 GB (4,000 songs, 60 ho... [tags: Product Review ]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- ... This strategy seem challenging since this strategy focus on capture new market and new demand, which it’s required extra efforts in term of innovation of products and promotion in order to make customers realize about their product. Even there are some discussions about the blue ocean strategies; however, based on my review on customers comment said that the practical guidance on how to create them is limited. Therefore, without usual analytic framework which can be used as guidelines to create blue oceans as well as effective principles to manage risk, creating blue oceans viewed as too risky for managers to pursue as strategy for their company.... [tags: marketing and business strategies]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- LITERATURE REVIEW Fraud in insurance companies As According to Verma and Mani (2002) analytics can contribute in accompanying your enterprise technologies into a social networking era, Big Data and CRM to crack down on financial offenders. Verma and Mani (2002) highlighted that the increasing number of mobile devices and social media platforms are bringing significant transformations in the world of business including the insurance sector. The opportunities offered by this landscape for insurers are vast.... [tags: auditors, analytics, cryptography]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- As opposed to the books in the Pentateuch and history section, which are often described as long and tedious, the poetical books are often well-received by modern audiences. Known as “wisdom literature,” the books of Job through Song of Solomon were meant to teach the Israelites how to live well in a way that honored God. Even though they were written to people who lived thousands of years ago, the basic principles can still be applied today. Through stories and songs, the books of Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs illustrate how to live a life pleasing to God, something still important to an audience living several centuries later.... [tags: Books of Poetry, God]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Pros: • Pacing • Mystery • Tension • Romance wasn't all consuming • Character Development • Atmosphere (I felt frosty and heard the snow crunch) • Beautifully written • Loved the internally strong, and externally brave heroine with her varied support characters, Cons: • the dystopian or postapocalyptic air wasn't there though I'm thinking in the next books this won't be an issue • Could see some events coming ahead of time • Tight focus, without expansion into the bigger world…yet.... [tags: Romance, Young love]
655 words (1.9 pages)
- In Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, the author poses many perspectives for literary criticism and review. This work emphasizes many different cultural aspects that were considered controversial at the time of publication in both African and American culture. This novel’s focus on feminine roles, religion, and cultural norms give readers a glimpse of life in the village of Umuofia while allowing them to think critically about the thematic topics posed. Feminism is currently a high priority movement in America, however women did not always have the input in matters of any concern.... [tags: Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe, Igbo people]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Popular Culture and the Shaping of Holocaust Memory in America. By Alan Mintz. University of Washington Press, 2001. Illustrations. Notes. Bibliography. Index. Pp. xiii, 186. $29.95. How does American culture shape the Holocaust memories. Why do we feel as Americans to show interest in the Holocaust. The answers are not simple ones. As Americans, we take pride in our country, as well as, in other countries. During the Second World War, many people lost their lives, as well as, their strengths and weaknesses.... [tags: World History]
613 words (1.8 pages)