According to Gay, Mills, and Airasian (2009), qualitative research tends to be interpretive by understanding the research context and participants. Whereas, quantitative research is non-interactive as researchers frequently use paper-and pencil to collect data (p.7). Quantitative and qualitative approaches are strongly associated with objectivity (quantitative) and subjectivity (qualitative). Qualitative research is harder, more stressful and more time-consuming than quantitative. In addition Tomal (2010), explains quantitative research is very objective as the researcher is detached from the participants and qualitative researchers on the other hand are much more personally involved with the participants (Tomal, 2010, p.3). The four most popular types of quantitative research are: experimental, causal comparative, correlational, and descriptive and the four types of qualitativ...
... middle of paper ...
...t’s difficult to apply the specific findings from a select group of individuals to the real world population since the results are so particular. It is also difficult to replicate qualitative research due to the lack of control in the situations and conditions in which the subjects were observed. A few examples of qualitative research might be, what is the Hispanic student culture in an urban community or why do teenagers text and drive?
In conclusion Kirsch, Sullivan, and NetLibrary, Inc. (1992), reiterated how quantitative and qualitative research allows researchers to study participants through open-ended interviews and case studies to gather data from the view points and language of the participants. To further clarify the data they go on to say by observing participant’s, researchers are able to analyze the subject both as the researcher and author (p. 57).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Education is inevitable and one important part of students’ life, it would help students to be close to their goals that might relate with their life happiness. To get higher education always has positive aspects for students, and it plays a significant role in modern society. Students attend college or university will obtain more opportunities in the competitive job market. The students who get higher education can get inspire to finish their tasks or goals through read books or enjoys arts. Students get higher education would create chances to apply for higher salary and position jobs in the competitive society.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Knowledge, Learning]
706 words (2 pages)
- As long as man has been alive education has been an important part of everyday life. Education has allowed man to evolve and continue the treacherous journey of life. Education started just as a means of survival, a way for families to make it day by day, as years progressed education became a luxury most could not afford to have. Education then became the center of life for all. Today education is considered the glue that holds life together, without education a person is simply a paycheck to paycheck victim however with an education a person has to extraordinary chance to become something great.... [tags: Theory of multiple intelligences, Intelligence]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Literature Review Introduction Sexual education is an important part of adolescent education. Unfortunately, there is a great divide within sexual education as to what is appropriate and beneficial information for adolescents. Most sexual education courses can be categorized as either abstinence-only or holistic. Abstinence-only programs are most common in the Southern portions of the United States and is attributed to the higher rates of religiosity, a characteristic the Bible Belt is know for.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- In today's modern era, the world is being more competitive and aggressive, in order to prepare for success and take up challenges well ahead. Teenagers, those who are age between 13 to 18 years old, are encouraged to have part-time jobs while studying. According to the US, National Center for Education Statistics of 2007-2008, 79 percent of teenagers in working while they were in college. We can realize that in many schools or colleges offer part-time job in or out campus to their students without affecting their studies.... [tags: part time jobs, working teen]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- People have many reasons why they attend college. Some want to become doctors, lawyers, teachers and engineers. I chose to attend Miami University to become a bioengineer. Along with college comes the challenge of writing multiple essays about many different topics. You could write essays about things that you read in a book to scientific principles that you have conducted research on. Throughout high school writing has never been my favorite subject and has been my weakest. Since English is such an important part of education today, everyone must take a certain number of English classes to graduate.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Essay, Writer]
1034 words (3 pages)
- The American population is drastically changing over time. The census predicts that by around 2020, “more than half of the nation 's children are expected to be part of a minority race or ethnic group," Minorities will eventually be the majority. (Chappel, 2015). Since the United States is consider the world’s most culturally diverse country, the schools have transitioned to a highly diverse population of students. Thus, the education system has an important task to undertake; they must ensure that the early childhood educators are culturally competent; to embrace a culturally diverse program, and practices in which the new generation of students can greatly benefit from.... [tags: Education, Culture, Multiculturalism]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- College education is perhaps the most important part that any person can have in their life. Studies show that college education is necessary because when people get higher education there is a great chance that those people will be successful in life and many employers prefer to hire applicants who hold college degrees. The purpose of having college education is to give people unlimited opportunities to get in a job like high salaries and better life skills. People who don’t have college education have tons of limited options when looking for a job.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- In the US alone, 67% of people believe that education is extremely important, however, for every 9th graders, only 44 out of 100 would attend college, stated in College Board’s recent research about people’s perception of education. In other word, when it comes to the topic of education, most would agree that it is an essential part of life. When this agreement usually ends, however, is one the question of whether or not college education is important and do we really need one. Whereas some would nod their heads ferociously, others would maintain on the defense of secondary education.... [tags: College, Higher education, University]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction and Overview Description of the program The proposed program is a major in Outdoor Education (OE) to be housed in the College of Education at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, WY. Outdoor Education is a broad and diverse field but in its most simplistic terms is a form of education that occurs outdoors. The field has strong ties to adventure, experiential, place-based, and environmental education. The OE field supports thousands of seasonal and permanent jobs nationally and statewide, with institutions like the National Outdoor Leadership School, the Teton Science School, and numerous summer camps.... [tags: grant assignments]
1864 words (5.3 pages)
- What is Education. Education has been an important aspect in people’s lives. As children What is Education. Education has been an important aspect in people’s lives. As children, they start their academic careers in elementary school and as they grow older they move onto middle school, and then finally high school. I believe that from elementary school to high school, students are getting the minimal amount of education. Some people stop their education after their grade twelve year and some go onto post-secondary institutions.... [tags: Education]
977 words (2.8 pages)