I’ve learned so much through this course. This course helped me learn behavior and people around me. Now I can see how it is hard for the people to live with their disorders. The society treats those people like outcasts and most of them even laugh at their disorder. Every behavior can be explained by psychology.
Psychology explores human mental process and human behavior then tries to find a way to treat or make it better. There are different techniques and steps used to treat a patient. What really excites me is, from psychology I learn backgrounds, religious beliefs, race and other factors that determine human behavior. I learned many different disorders from this class. Everybody has some disorders in their lives. And that one little disorder can turn their lives upside down. there are people with anxieties in the world and many people make fun of them because of that. Nowadays when you are on social media people put videos of themselves helping other people or trying show others how they give food and money to homeless people. However, behind scenes we don’t know what’s happening. Most people feel bad when they see that homeless guy on the YouTube and other social websites and when they pass by one they try to avoid them. After I took this class I understand why they do that it because they feel better by feeling bad for others. This class in really interesting and sometimes it is hard for me to understand some of the topics because this class my 5th class and last class of the day. After taking this class I started to understand the people’s and my own behaviors.
Learning psychology matter to me because every time I interact with someone this means that I will ...
... middle of paper ...
...re afraid than adults. They may have difficulties in understanding their illness. Doctor can apply his/her knowledge of child development and psychology and relate to the young patients in a way that is helpful for both of them. Moreover, it also helps me see how patients are describing their illnesses. Most of the patients describe their illness in a negative way and only few are optimistic. So psychology plays really big role in medical field.
In conclusion, psychology is a great subject to learn. And it is helpful and helping people in their everyday life. By using psychology, psychologist have studied diseases such as, Parkinson 's disease, Alzheimer 's disease, and many other neurological diseases. Thanks to them now we know more about those diseases and how to treat them. Psychology can help us to control stress, manage time and study more effectively
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Final Reflection Assignment I’ve learned so much through this course. This course helped me learn behavior and people around me. Now I can see how it is hard for the people to live with their disorders. The society treats those people like outcasts and most of them even laugh at their disorder. Every behavior can be explained by psychology. Psychology explores human mental process and human behavior then tries to find a way to treat or make it better. There are different techniques and steps used to treat a patient.... [tags: Psychology, Behavior, Human behavior, Sociology]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- As a Psychology major I educationally already benefitted from taking this marriage and family course. The real question for me is, did I expect to learn so much about myself and the people around, and how aspects in their lives change who they are and how we all live our lives. Well my answer is no, I originally looked at this course strictly as educational rather than realistically. The concept behind psychology is to question everything, with such a understanding of myself and family/friends I question if my upbringing would have different I wouldn’t be the person I am today.... [tags: Marriage, Sibling, Family]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- Prior to choosing Sleep Psychology as my topic for this course, I knew very little about the topic. I am currently enrolled in Psychology 101 and a small component of the course was learning about sleep psychology; however, after the two class meetings in which my Psychology class discussed sleep psychology, I was still interested in learning more about it. I decided on Sleep Psychology as my research topic for this class because I thought it was a very interesting and relevant topic with a lot of area to expand on my knowledge of the topic.... [tags: Psychology, Better, Learning, Sleep]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Personality Reflection Paper The test has shown that my personality can be defined as ENFJ type. People who belong to this group are good leaders, organizers and idealists. They are good at communicating with other people, finding common language with others, initiating different projects and organizing the working processes. People of ENFJ personality type possess such traits as responsibility, creativity, openness to the world, self-development and sympathy. Such people are always ready to help others and use their experience for the sake of general well-being and success.... [tags: Psychology, Personality psychology, Leadership]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Have you ever wondered why people have certain reactions. I chose chapter eight on emotions for my reflection paper because emotions are something that everyone has and feels, yet cannot always explain or react to in the way you would expect. Personally, I have never been great at responding to emotions in a way that I would not regret in the future. Thus, naturally being drawn to this chapter as a way to expand my knowledge on how to react to things more positively. I also wanted to learn why I feel a certain way after events that would not affect most people and be reassured about my feelings.... [tags: Emotion, Feeling, Feelings, Psychology]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Reflection paper Over this past couple of months our group has progressed to a much higher level in outputs as a group and getting to this point wasn 't easy. Our group started off with some “primary tension”, which was a stage that many group members were unfamiliar with roles and had some trust issue in terms of everyone doing their work on time and then we started improving in “group synergy” and outputs for our class. Our group started off with some “primary tension” because we were all from diverse back grounds.... [tags: Psychology, Mind, Culture, Idea]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- REFLECTION PAPER During the course of this class, I have learned a lot about stress and how it affects different aspects of our lives as human beings. Stress management to me refers to the different techniques and other controlling factors that helps regulate or control a person’s level of stress, in other to improve their everyday functioning. The key concepts that has impacted me so far in the course are as follow; MINDFULNESS: According to (Olpin & Hesson , 2015, p. 99) “Mindfulness is commonly defined as the state of being attentive to and aware of what is taking place in the present.... [tags: Emotion, Psychology, Thought, Mind]
2665 words (7.6 pages)
- Psych 356: Reflection Paper The topic that I have found most intriguing in this class so far is the idea of fixed vs. growth mindset, as discussed in the motivation lectures and the Dweck (2007) reading. As Dweck (2007) states, these two mindsets refer to the way in which we view intelligence. On one hand, a fixed mindset posits that intelligence is an innate characteristic and that we cannot do much to change it. For many students, a fixed mindset is demotivating because it implies that they cannot improve their intelligence.... [tags: Motivation, Educational psychology, Education]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- PLSLO #2 When I was a freshman in college, I started my first semester with four basic classes, English, algebra, chemistry, and developmental psychology. Back then I did not see the significance of those classes other than the fact that I had to take them to meet general education requirements. I knew that the purpose of general education was to create a well-rounded student with a variety of skills and knowledge, but I did not understand why a nurse would need to know how to write a five page paper on the Arab Spring.... [tags: Learning, Education, Nursing, Psychology]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Freshman Year Reflection Paper When I first packed everything to move to Springfield, I was excited to start college in a new place and really be independent. During the first week of classes, I swore that I would not be able to survive this first semester. I did not expect some of the classes to be as difficult as they turned out to be. Other issues with a roommate led the first weeks to be rough; however, I started to like college once I found my ground and got my head straight. Once I was on campus and on my own, the allure of being independent disappeared.... [tags: High school, Personality psychology, Class]
738 words (2.1 pages)