... middle of paper ...
...time management so that I could allot more time to working on things for the academic teams. Also, I would work towards being more helpful to the academic team coaches by being able to teach or supply facts to the team members. I would recommend this type of project to seniors as it is a wonderful chance to not only give back to the community, but also to your middle school. This not only gives a sense of accomplishment, but a new perspective of your middle school that you wouldn’t have otherwise. Personally, I believe I did very well on this project. On a weekly basis my mentors were thanking me for helping and that they were glad that I was there. Also, considering the required amount of service hours was 25 and I received more than double that, I know that I spent as much time on this project as I possibly could. Overall, I believe I deserve an A at the very least.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I opted to do the service learning project as opposed to the movie review or term paper because prior to this class, I had already devoted over 200 hours to the Southcliff Baptist Children’s Ministry. The beginnings of Southcliff go back to 1901 or 1902, Mrs. A.J. (Kate) Parks began the Seventh Ward Mission alongside Broadway Baptist Church. In October 1904, the Kentucky Avenue Baptist Church was formed out of the Seventh Ward Mission and met at an unused building. The church had about thirty members, and John R.... [tags: Christian terms, Christianity, 1988, 1902]
716 words (2 pages)
- When a woman approached Benjamin Franklin following the concluding session of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in the fall of 1787 and asked what sort of government the delegates had come up with, Franklin famously replied: "A republic, madam, if you can keep it." The relevance of that notable statement transcended centuries and applied itself not only to national politics. The People’s participation in maintaining an agreeable government depends on a collective activism regarding both state and local civic affairs.... [tags: Service Learning Teaching Education]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- For my services learning project I worked at the Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. The Rescue Mission offers many different services in the Boise area but the biggest service that they offer is shelter for the homeless. They have both a house for men and veterans and then a separate for women and children. They provide meals at certain times to any one in the public for free. The Mission also has an addiction recovery program for individuals who are seeking help with addiction. They also run a donation warehouse where workers and volunteers sort through many different bins full of items that have been donated then distribute them to thrift stores so that people with low incomes can buy new cl... [tags: Poverty in the United States, Poverty]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- The purpose and the aim of this report is to evaluate and describe the experiential learning and closely focuses on the type of organisation, management structure and the process involved. Experiential learning is a process which is designed to make the most out of the experience while doing it. And it is incorporated with learning strategies and different approaches of teaching Burned (1989) Kolb explains four phases in the process of experiential learning, Experience, reflexive observation, analysis and active implementations Kolb (1984) Bandura explain learning is an experience which is learnt by watching other people and then doing it which then provide a learner an image and the desire... [tags: experiential learning, education, ]
2187 words (6.2 pages)
- I can not imagine my youth without 4-H, the many opportunities I have participated in have been time well spent. I began the 4-H poultry project in the fifth grade, I was involved in the project for three years and acquired a wide assortment of skills and knowledge about avian health, conformation, showing, judging, and maintenance. My passion for learning about poultry allowed me to accurately relay information to the general public and helped me to become a two time grand champion in poultry judging.... [tags: Community, Community service]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- In this paper, I review an interview that took place between Bill Moon, a senior software engineer at Datto and me. When I first prepared for the interview, I didn’t exactly know what to expect. I had never conducted an interview before, and starting out with a higher position in a national company was a little nerve-wracking. To my surprise, it turns out my nerves weren’t so warranted and Bill was a very nice guy. I did show my nerves a little at first, but I was able to calm down after a couple of minutes.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Senior Seminar The importance of this topic to me is that this is what I want to do when I get older. I enjoy working with these children and helping them to learn while learning myself. I want to do this project because I want to learn more about children with disabilities and "ordinary" children that then of what I already know. I got involved in this subject last year while I was in Government Class with Mrs. Leach. I was looking to do something for my community service hours but I didn't want something boring to do.... [tags: Papers]
371 words (1.1 pages)
- I volunteered at the Activity Center for my Service Learning project. My duties were to watch the kids who participated in the after school program, play with them and help them with their home homework. I really enjoyed interacting with the African-American people and culture. I learned many things from the African-American population I worked with. I learned how the Activity Center staff teaches the after school kids good manners and behavior. I mentioned in one of my service learning journals that the staff was very strict and treated the kids like prisoners, but I came to the realization that maybe that is how they teach the kids discipline.... [tags: Service Learning Project]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- Who wants to read yet another dose of “how to change our schools” given that everybody thinks they are an expert on the topic and the debate, if it can be called that, has been mired in the stagnant swamp of politics. Well, to answer my own question, not many people who have a life. My hypothesis regarding the plethora of well-intentioned (95% of them anyways) misguided, ineffective reform plans is that none of them really consider four variables that are crucial to any new effective reform efforts.... [tags: education reform, ]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Service Request Riordan Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leader in plastic manufacturing. Founded in 1991, by Dr. Riordan, a chemistry professor possessing various patents regarding plastics processing, Riordan has established itself as the leader in polymer plastic research, development and manufacturing. Riordan has multiple manufacturing facilities located in both the U.S and China as follows: • San Jose, CA ' corporate headquarters and research and development • Pontiac, MI ' manufactures custom plastic parts • Albany, GA ' manufactures plastic beverage containers • Hangzhou, China ' manufactures plastic fan compone... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1563 words (4.5 pages)