5. What would you do differently if you had it to do over? (Consider this as you plan for tomorrow).
The main behavior I would do differently, if given the opportunity, would be to try to be more involved in the beginning. I primarily focused on observing th...
... middle of paper ...
...th the resident cleaned and comfortable, we began to put on a fresh brief when we realized we could not get the brief under our resident, because she was unable to assist in turning on her side. Rather than risking the patient, and our, safety, we asked for support from a CNA. Because the whole process was prolonged, we decided to try to divert our patient’s attention from the situation by asking her questions about her life. Not only did communicating with our patient relieve her distress, but it also permitted my partner and I to acquire information for our concept map. We attempted to make the best of the situation, by critically thinking on how to make the process as effortless and efficient as possible. In the end, our patient stood pleased with our efforts, the CNA was pleased to assist, and we felt as though we completed the task to the best of our abilities.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. What are your goals for the day. (Address health assessment, psychomotor skills, and communication techniques/phases) For the final clinical day, I retain three goals: Enhance my skills in the acute setting on the first floor of the facility, distinguish the use of collaboration within the facility, and to leave a lasting impression on both the facility and the residents. For the past four clinical days, I remained on the second floor, where the care focused more on medications, glucose monitoring, and CNA skills.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Health, Healthcare]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- The Psychologists Act (2000) requires that all registered psychologists have adequate professional liability insurance within 30 days of receiving registration. The BMS Group is the main provider and insurance can be obtained through affiliation with the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) or the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia. The Mutual Recognition Agreement (2001) requires registered psychologists to demonstrate proficiency in at least five core competencies. To do so, applicants must provide documentation (e.g., transcripts, references, supervised experience) and after placement on the candidate register, the individual and supervisor must develop goals to improve candi... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Why Forensic Psychology Forensic Psychology is a specialized practice by psychologists in areas of clinical psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, and neuropsychology. You will be engaged regularly as an expert and primarily proposed to offer professional psychological expertise to the judicial system. Join The Team When planning to enter into the forensic psychology field, the degree you earn will lead to licensure. Earning your masters or doctorate in clinical psychology or counseling psychology will be the goals to becoming a licensed psychologist.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- 1. Overall, I retain three goals for this clinical day: Safely and efficently administer medication, enhance my nursing/CNA skills, and determine how to implement infection control into a health care setting. This week reflects my assigned time to administer medication in a health care setting for the first time, with a resident who retains nearly twenty medications. I except this experience will be a great learning experience, but it will also subsist slightly stressful. With the assistance of my FOR, my goal is to administer all of my resident 's medications without complications.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Nursing, Health]
717 words (2 pages)
- My entire life I always thought I would never go to college because I hated going to school every day. My school life was not ideal, it was full of people treating me like I am less of a person than everyone else. Little did I know that my now 2 year old would change my entire outlook on getting my degree and planning a career for myself. Colton, my son, has given me a reason to see a future in health care administration and to go back to school to obtain my goals as a clinical manager. A clinical manager is a position in which I can see myself exceling at since I have been known to be a headstrong, take charge, and give orders kind of woman.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Management, Want]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Nursing is not only a career, but a way to give back to the community by enhancing and maintaining the health of other individuals. Throughout my clinical experiences last year, I witnessed kindness and selflessness among many nurses that have impacted and helped shape my future career choices and life immensely. Throughout this semester, I will assess myself on my nursing skills and will constantly try to strengthen my assessments, communication, clinical judgment and patient safety skills using the Creighton Competency Evaluation Instrument (CCEI, 2014).... [tags: Nursing, Health, Nursing care plan, Patient]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Goals and Objectives and Summary/Evaluation of the Treatment/Clinical Impressions There are multiple persons being serviced within this agency as a family unit, but the main focus of the agency’s intervention are surrounding the parent’s to become their child’s best educator. The agency provides parents with the necessary tools and resources in order to help their infants and toddlers develop into healthy children. Antonio is aware and is concerned that all three of his children are not talking or speaking a number of words that other child their age is articulating.... [tags: Attachment theory, Family]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
- According to the book, “Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist”, a dental hygienist is a dental health specialist whose primary concern is the maintenance of oral health and the prevention of oral disease. A career as a dental hygienist provides a wide range of challenges where in the dentist office, the dental hygienist and dentist work together to meet the oral health needs of their patients. There are many things that dental hygienists do that you may not realize when you think you are just going in to get your teeth cleaned.... [tags: Dental hygienist, Hygiene, Dentistry, Halitosis]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- This written assessment is part of the examination for the London College of Clinical Hypnosis Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis. It’s content will based on a practical assessment that the trainee therapist’s (Therapist) did with a fellow student (Client). This written assessment explores the therapists’ performance on the day and explores points of interest to the Therapist relating to theories, laws and scientific points of hypnosis to help future effective practice. The format is that of the practical exam undertaken which was to make a brief role played introduction to Hypnosis, use Voigts Fractionation Induction, to manipulate distractions, to deepen the trance using the limb heaviness d... [tags: Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Therapy]
2142 words (6.1 pages)
- I use different strategies when I do clinical decision making especially working with birth to18-years-old, our physical therapy program alone will not provide a good clinical decision making skills. Besides our physical therapy program I take every year continuing education in my field (Pediatric) through online or onsite seminars. I learned a lot now, when compare to the beginning of my physical therapy carrier. Our learning is never going to stop especially in our heath care field and every day we learn something new in our field.... [tags: Therapy]
657 words (1.9 pages)