I came into this class as a mediocre writer due to my poor grammar and lack of structure within my papers. As we have progressed through this fall semester professor Miller has helped me improve my grammar skills greatly, and she has also help my get a better understanding of the structures to my papers. For example, we recently did a class wide quiz on grammar on the smartboard and I placed second out of the whole class! If we would have had that quiz the first day of class I guarantee that I would be among the lower half of the class in my grammar skills. Possibly that could be done for the upcoming classes, so professor Miller can see where they stand from the beginning and the students can see their improvement by the end of the semester! Personally, if that would have happened to our class it could possibly give stude...
... middle of paper ...
... a week course instead of the once a week, because even though the overall time is the same within the class room it feels as if you get a quarter of the time you do for a twice a week course. Truthfully after about the first hour and a half each class I just powered down and was not motivated to do any work. The course other than the once a week issue was truly an eye-opening experience thanks to professor Miller. Professor Miller is truly dedicated to her teaching and is willing to sacrifice her own time and provide you with as many resources she can to ensure your understanding and success of her course. To conclude this reflection, I would just like to say thank you to professor Miller for everything she has done for the class and myself. I truly appreciate you and all you have done. I wish you the best of luck in your future and I hope to see you again sometime!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Trick #7, adopt the university’s mentality already You must have noticed that we are stressing most of our tips on what should appear on your application, or on how to influence the people who will write your recommendation letter for you. Tip #7 still has to do with that, but this time you will make research about your chosen university and: -First, do some research about the university’s history, about when it was founded, who founded it and which well-known and prosperous person attended there.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Essay]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- First Day of My Metamorphosis BBC just released a documentary video about the comparison of the education systems and teaching methodologies between China and Britain.Unfortunately and fortunately,I am a mixed product of the two immeasurably different systems.Between these two systems,there are enormous contrasts in terms of emotion and rationality,innovation and diligence.There are a bunch of changes in our life, that’s why a positive mentality is need-ed. ‘To live a beautiful life, one must be tolerant, without complaint or explanation.’That’s why Franz Kafka once said so.... [tags: Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- I worry that the western and Eurocentric mentality towards Indigenous peoples has not changed as much as we would like to say. Modern-day schools still ignore Indigenous ways and therefore, portray them as lesser and attempt to remove them. If Indigenous philosophies and pedagogies are not part of the curriculum (and not a sidebar or merely reflected if you look closely), then “this creates tensions and adjustment problems for students, which may contribute to high dropout rates (Schissel & Wotherspoon, 2003).” (Overmars, 2010, p.... [tags: Indigenous peoples, Indigenous Australians]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Holden's Mentality in J.D. Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye A young man going through puberty, not knowing what he is doing or where he is headed, becoming increasingly insane, in a world in which he feels he doesn't belong in, and around a bunch of "phonies." This would describe the position of Holden Caulfield, the controversial protagonist and main character in The Catcher In The Rye (1951) written by J.D. Salinger. The book, all narrated by Holden in first person, in its very unique and humorous style, is about Holden, and all the troubles he has encountered through school, family, friends, and basically life.... [tags: Catcher Rye Essays]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- The North Platte Canteen affected the mentality of six million troops in World War II and gave the soldiers a reason to fight for America (The North Platte Canteen). The canteen started officially on Christmas Day in 1941 and did not stop serving American troops till the very last cargo train rolled into the North Platte Depot on April 1, 1946. Sixteen million troops fought in World War II; there was a one and three chance the soldier standing next to you paid a visit to the little town of North Platte (The North Platte Canteen, Nebraska Studies.Org, Statistic Brain).... [tags: World War II, World War I, Nebraska, Integers]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- Just a moment ago, as I walked through the shelves of a library and saw the books lined up neatly in their place, a question arose; what were these books in regard to their place in the world. With their rows of letters and series of words, what could they represent. How do people see these bounded pieces of paper. In a very general sense, they represent a type of art. "Art", as defined by the New Oxford American Dictionary, is "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination .... [tags: modernization, books, multitask]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Reflecting over my three years at College of the Ozarks, I cannot think of a class where I have learned more relevant information about the world than I have in Missions to the Middle East. After this class, I feel adequately equipped with a strong foundation to begin engaging Muslims for Jesus. The methods and tools we discussed each week have widened my view of the missions, God and the world in ways I have never experienced before. I took this class because I felt God placing a burden on my heart for a people group he was bringing to our country’s doorstep.... [tags: Islam, Qur'an, Middle East, Christianity]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Seize the Day, Wisely “Seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary” is the sentiment new teacher Mr. Keating leaves with his students after the first day of class at Welton Academy (Weir). Mr. Keating teaches in an unorthodox manner, evident on the first day of class when catching the boys off guard by calling the introduction of their poetry textbook “excrement,” and instructing the boys to rip that section out of their book (Weir). His unique style of teaching forces the boys, who face immense pressures from their parents to excel, to think on their own.... [tags: Dead Poets Society, Carpe diem, Horace]
1790 words (5.1 pages)
- Is the history of slavery repeating itself. How can the issue about modern day slavery, such as human trafficking, go unnoticed. Many people might think that slavery is a thing of the past. In fact, the slavery of colonial period mutated to modern day slavery which is largely known as human trafficking. The thirteenth amendment was successful in abolishing slavery overtly. However, the concept of slavery became a global underground issue in the society of 21st century, just like after civil right movements racism thought to be ended but became modern racism.... [tags: Slavery, Human trafficking, Prostitution]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Placing two opposite people in the same exact situation can reveal truth about how the human mind works. Differing personalities, decisions made, and impulses of each person influence their destiny. The use of the characters Lucy Westerna and Mina Harker in Bram Stoker’s Dracula, give insight into how certain types of humans think and how decisions they make determine their future. Lucy and Mina have such different views and reactions when placed in an uncertain situation such as being bit by a vampire.... [tags: Character Analysis ]
2054 words (5.9 pages)
- The Adaptive Immune System Restrains Alzheimer 's Disease Pathogenesis By Modulating Microglial Function
- My First Skill And Improved On My Writing
- The Effects Of Indoor Air Pollution On The Environment
- Sexual Harassment And Abuse Of Female
- My Views On Time Management
- The Minimum Wage Should Be Increased