In addition, Julien & Raymond (1994) rightfully pointed out that researchers have shown that more "technology-consuming" firms are distinguished from others by: greater profitability, the differential cost of new equipment, the management profile or the owner-manager's personal characteristics, organizational complexity, centralization and formalization, strategy type and the quality of technological information obtained together with the capacity to process it. However, Sheng Choua & Hao Hong (2013) noted that after implementation of ERP systems many organisations have realised that these systems was not as successful as been expected. Main aim of this review is to provide information on ERP systems, to identify risks involved in using of ERP systems and limitations and benefits of implementing ERP.
Enterprise Resource Planning Sys...
... middle of paper ...
...nt of IT Project Selection and Evaluation Methods in State Government, Project Management Journal, 39, 49–58.
Sheng Choua, J., & Hao Hong, J. (2013). Assessing the impact of quality determinants and user characteristics on successful enterprise resource planning project implementation. Journal of Manufacturing Systems ,32, 792– 800
Ting-Sheng, W. & Chin-Ju, L. (2013). An Empirical Study on the Benefit Analysis of Enterprises across the Strait Using ERP Systems. International Journal of Business & Management, 17, 35-49.
Wagner, E. L. & Newell, S. (2006 March) Repairing ERP: Producing Social Order to Create a Working Information System, 42, 40-57.
Zhua, Y., Li, Y, Wang, W. & Chen, J. (2010). What leads to post-implementation success of ERP? An empirical study of the Chinese retail industry. International Journal of Information Management, 30, 265–276.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- CGI Incorporation and its strategy in Information Technology The company and the technology which I am writing about in my Information Technology Final Term Paper are based on my experiences in Information Technology in different functional domains. I have been extremely fortunate to have been associated with CGI Inc. for three years from 2007 to 2010, where I worked as a Software Analyst in myriad technologies such as Enterprise Resource Planning – Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Website design, development, and testing, Data Warehousing and Data Mining – on tools and reports such as Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, Prodreps, etc; on development and production maintenance of Content Management... [tags: warehouse, datamining, business model]
3427 words (9.8 pages)
- The Holistic Approach of Agile Information Systems When expressing the holistic approach of agile information systems applied to business, it becomes imperative that one addresses the specific framework toward the approach. Although, holistic in theory the specific framework for strategy itself must break down into independent strategies and examined as an ongoing whole. Take the company Amazon.com for example, their information system strategy combines the independent strategies of the framework however, they independently transpire and flow from one to another through a process of ever-changing information collaboration.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- The failure of Information Technology projects has always been a hurtful problem for many organizations. With tons of new technologies coming out throughout the year, new IT, projects continue to grow by the year. Unfortunately, the success rates of the projects are very low and have actually lowered since its last estimate. Project risk factors are important to know and avoid in making of a success project. This paper is going to explain risks in knowledge areas, how to identify risks, and explain the risk register.... [tags: Information Technology]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- Part 1 After discussing the article IT Doesn’t Matter, our group does not agree with the bold argument that Mr. Carr sets forth in his article that information technologies will eventually lose their power and value. Although information technology advancements may become more intermittent as we move into the future, it is still one of the top priorities for many businesses right now. As long as there are problems, there will always be new technologies or ideas created to address them. Mr. Carr wrote this article in 2003, before the brink of much new advancement in technologies Mr.... [tags: Information Technology]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- Case studies play a significant role in the design and implementation of information technology. This is because of the fact that the global information technology industry is almost influenced by the same technological trends and it is feasible for them to share information regarding customization, upgrades and developments (Petrides 2000, 23). The design and application of information technology is generally associated with developments in information technology (Liebowitz and Khosrowpour 1997, 46).... [tags: Information Technology, IT]
2488 words (7.1 pages)
- The reading that was investigated consisted of an article from Dr. Rochelle Brooks entitled “The Development Of A Code Of Ethics An Online Classroom Approach To Making Connections Between Ethical Foundations And The Challenges Presented By Information Technology”. Brooks (2010) studies the ethical challenges that are prevalent in the Information Technology (IT) field. Furthermore, Brooks (2010) examines how workers in the Information Technology filed should have lucid ethical policies to adhere to along with taking an in-depth look at how as a society we can be proactive in eliminating ethical dilemmas by early education of our young adults.... [tags: Information Technology]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- Operating any business without the application of information technology in the modern business world is actually impossible. The world has gone digital and in every sector of economy, entrepreneurs are busy applying information technology systems to run their businesses smoothly. Nevertheless, the invention of information technology and its entrance into business arena has seen, customers demand better services whenever they do business or receive services. From banking to financial markets, stock exchange to retail markets, businesspersons use information technology principles to attract, serve and retain customers.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Incorporation of Technology into Modern Education Education has long been a part of our society. In order to keep society progressing forward, education must also progress forward. Part of this forward progression is the incorporation of technology into modern education. Technology has always been in schools. The development of things like the overhead projector, typewriter, and blackboards have all played key roles in education. However, the pinnacle of technological advances has been the introduction of the computer into the classroom.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays School Computer]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- When you think of Marketing and Technology, how would you correlate the two. Well Marketer's uses certain types of technology to improve an organization or business. One of the purposes of incorporating certain types of technologies when dealing with marketing is to: improve customer acquisition and retention, design loyalty programs, and initiate cross-selling and up-selling. Most organizations have a database that includes current and prospective customers. If they don't and outside company is hired to develop one as well as manage it.... [tags: Business Information Technology]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Information Technology Haag and Keen (1996) agreed that information technology is a set of tools that helps you work with information and perform task related to information processing. Included in this set are seven building blocks. All together, these building blocks are called an IT system (p.8). For an IT system we need: Input and output, software, communication devices, the processing engine, information, storage devices, and most important people (Haag & Keen, 1996). According to Haag and Keen (1996) the definitions of the IT system is as follow, 1.... [tags: Technology Information Research Essays]
1658 words (4.7 pages)