Work Settings and Functions
I just completed my first year of graduate school here at North Carolina A&T State University. I am currently on the school counseling track. The school counseling field is very interesting to me, I love ...
... middle of paper ...
...s expressed at Cone Elementary, he follows the ACA Code of Ethics. Sometimes Mr. Hills finds it difficult to balance his personal opinions with the ACA Code of Ethics and the ASCA model. Mr. Hills did mention that he is an active member of the American School Counseling Association.
In conclusion, my interview with Mr. Hills was a success. Mr. Hills prime example of an effective school counselor. I enjoyed watching interact with the students and staff for the short time he was there. In my personal opinion, I believe that Mr. Hills left a positive effect on the students he counseled at Cone Elementary. When he left Cone, many students were saddened but he kept his promise on remaining in contact with them. I hope to be as effective with clients, as Mr. Hills was. I thank him for allowing me to shadow and interview him, while I was at Cone Elementary.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For this assignment I had the pleasure of interviewing my mentor. A gentleman that I truly admire for his endless efforts and never say enough attitude, I find him to be nothing less than the working backbone to an education system. A man that has given his life to his career in order to ensure an amazing future for all students to come. My mentor Mr. Hardy Keith Edwards. Hardy is an educator for the Compton Unified School District, he is a specialist in English language arts and a long term Substitute teacher.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, Secondary school]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- Keith Ferrara, Peabody MA Senior Software Engineer at Cambridge Associates Interview I had the pleasure of interviewing Keith Ferrara, a senior software engineer at Cambridge Associates. Keith resides in Peabody, Massachusetts approximately a 30 minute commute to Boston. Attending the University of Pittsburgh from 1983 - 1987 keith earned a bachelor 's degree in Computer science after he decided in high school that software would one day run the world we live in. Keith has been working at Cambridge Associates since 2005, his previous experience includes software engineering positions at Amicore(2003 - 2005), SupplyWorks(1999 - 2002), Bay Networks(1997 - 1999), Boston Technology(1995 - 1997),... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer science]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- I had the pleasure of interviewing Ms. Crystal Vázquz, she is a receptionist at the Salvation Army and a Spanish teacher. Her family moved here to the U.S from Isabella Puerto Rico. Her mother was the one to initiate the big move because she saw better job opportunities to create a better life for her children. Crystal stated “I was 13 when we moved here to the U.S” but she remembers a lot, a lot of the food that was prepared in here country, the ingredients were from their backyards no one used frozen foods to prepare a dish.... [tags: United States, U.S. state, Puerto Rico]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- I had the pleasure of interviewing Brian Lin on Sunday, October 30th at J&B Coffee in Lubbock, Texas for about fifty minutes. Throughout our conversation, he struck me as a genuine young man who is authentically interested in learning more about the world around him, meshing his current realities with his spiritual one. When I asked what drives him, Brian told me that he hopes to be an interesting person, driven by the people he admires the most, to find out what that actually means to him. When I first sat down with Brian, it was very apparent that he is shaped by the example set by his father, a Yale alum from Taiwan, who Brian said is the wisest person he knows and hopes to follow his exa... [tags: Knowledge, Learning]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- I had the pleasure of interviewing a wonderful professor by the name of Carolyn Szafran. Professor Szafran is a Field Practicum Coordinator/Lecturer in Social Work at the School of Applied Studies at Washburn University. I chose to interview Professor Szafran because of her compassion in social work and her interest in reducing childhood poverty. I am currently employed in the before and after school program at Boys & Girls Clubs of Topeka. There I aide in mentoring our youth, especially those in need, to reach their fullest potential as productive and responsible citizens.... [tags: College, Higher education, Kansas, University]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- I had the pleasure of interviewing a fifty –four year old woman whom I have known my entire life. She is my mother Jenny Piroska. She currently holds roles as daughter, mother, wife, sister, and therapist. My mother is in the midlife stage of her life. According to Erikson my mother is in middle adulthood or generativity vs Stagnation where she is focused on work and parenthood (Belsky, 2013). She was obedient child that require very little redirection from the guideline set by her parents while she was growing up.... [tags: Family, High school, Sibling, Marriage]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- The Pleasure of Drugs The Oxford Dictionary defines pleasure. It is a feeling of satisfaction or joy. It is enjoyment. It is a source of pleasure or gratification. It is formally a persons will or desire. Finally they define it as sensual gratification. Now if we put these all together in one sentence, pleasure is something that brings an overall feeling of satisfaction and gratification while fulfilling desires. If that doesn’t sound good, what does. We have already determined that people naturally are drawn to altered states of consciousness.... [tags: Pleasure Drug Abuse Essays]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- Effective recruitment interviewing It is essential in the first instance to outline our terms of reference. Specifically, what do we mean by effective recruitment interviewing. It can be posited that the effectiveness of an interview process lies in its ability to identify those candidates who most closely match the requirements of the post applied for. Innumerable recruitment decisions have been made on the basis of interpersonal chemistry between interviewer and candidate; some of these decisions will be successful, others will result in the failure of an unsuitable candidate.... [tags: Interviewing Strategy Human Resource Recruitment]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Hemingway's Hills Like White Elephants Everyday people make decisions that affect their future lives. Do people make the right decisions. What makes a decision a right one. What may be right to some, may be wrong to others. There are no right or wrong decisions but those that people choose and believe to be right varying from each individual. In Hemingway's realistic story, Hills Like White Elephants, Jig attempts to make a crucial change in her life by making the right decision, but is unable to because of her weak characteristic flaws.... [tags: Hemingway Hills White Elephants Essays]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Pain for Pleasure Endured The intricate and complex nature of the relationship between pain and pleasure has been a source of contention and diversity of opinion for people of all eras. Shakespeare’s character Othello claims that "tis happiness to die." (Act 5 ln 295). In his situation the painful experience of dying is what he considers pleasure, he later verifies his belief in his statement by choosing to stab himself. Sir Philip Sidney, in his poem Astrophil and Stella states that "in my woes for thee thou art my joy" (108 ln 14).... [tags: Literature Pain Pleasure Essays]
1573 words (4.5 pages)