WRA 195H exceeded my expectations and helped me achieve the skills I wanted to acquire. The best part of the class was that we were given a lot of time to write the papers and to also to go over them before we turned them in so we could see our mistakes while the paper was still fresh in our minds and not afterwards. My peers looked at my paper and showed me ways to improve. I believe this is what truly caused my writing skill to get better and allowed me to make better papers. In the past,...
... middle of paper ...
...my voice run free and correct it later. I also want to try more creative forms of writing such as the learning memoir. I never had so much fun writing a paper before. All the freedom I received allowed me to express my individuality and voice through my words. In high school, we followed a five paragraph approach which grew tiresome. The learning memoir paper is the first time I truly understood what it meant to be a writer.To accomplish these goals will require the willpower and desire to change. Without these attributes, they will simply remain unfinished goals. Also, since I will not have a writing course anymore, I will most likely be writing less. This will require me to spend more time on each paper I write in the future to absorb as much information as I can to improve myself and my writing. Overall, I learned a lot and really enjoyed my time in class.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In high school, students are only taught the basics of writing. Once students reach college, professors expect essays to be detailed and original. College writing varies greatly from high school, leaving professors to teach proper and advanced writing techniques. For some, this may be an easy transition, while for others it may not be so simple. Proper writing techniques are in important throughout life and can be used when applying for jobs. In high school, papers could be done mindlessly and last minute.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Creative writing, High school]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- As a writer throughout my public education, every year I was taught something different that by the end of the day I will come out of the class room all confused. Not being a perfect writer like many others has showed me that I can slowly improve in my writing. In writing there are many concepts known but each one is taught differently by each person. Not only are the taught different but they are also learned differently because it also depends on the learner. Since both reading and writing have never been that easy for me I can say that as a Senior in High School my english teacher taught me a variety of ways to be better at both.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writer, Better]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- The essay. With the exception of a few budding writers, the majority of the high school population can be found groaning and complaining over this assignment. These students may not be aware of how beneficial an assignment such as this will be, if they decide to put the necessary effort in. Many essays written at a professional level have had a great influence on society and are still remembered. Strong writing is a skill intelligent and well rounded students possess; mastering this skill shows the ability to communicate and formulate thoughts into coherent sentences.... [tags: High school, Writing, Essay, High school diploma]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Wubalem Jones America’s High Schools Compared to that of a Third-World In my point of view, America is the world’s greatest country which gives the best opportunity to people to build their future. Many people come to America from all over the world because there is a better opportunity than in their own country. Many wealthy people from other countries spend so much money to send their child to the US for a better education. Therefore, America has been given a great chance to help international students to get their education.... [tags: High school, Education, Secondary school]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
- In high school, I did not like writing. Writing is nightmare for most high school students. They prefer death than do writing. I was a bad writer in my class, but then I became the top ten best writers in my school. I discovered that to write is to discover ideas and put into words. However, to put ideas into words and to discover new ideas are harder than to teach fish to walk. For that, I make a guideline for high school students. First, students need to understand grammar, and read books critically.... [tags: students, grammar, brainstorm]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Most people think that you should have an idea of what you plan to do after high school. Have your career chosen, the schools you want to apply to, roommates to meet and apartments to see. Whenever someone asks me “ What are you going to do after high school?” or “ what do want to major in?” the same response I repeat “ I actually don’t know”. Then they give you the usual speech of how important it is to choose the right career with something you like but that also earns enough to survive. Some people like math so they become engineers, others love art and become artists.... [tags: College, High school, Higher education, Thought]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- How to become a writer First, image you can write anything, any you want to express. No one would judge and correct your work and people just say it is a good work because it is real, not fake. It seems like an infant drew something on a paper. Even the infant does not know what he wants to drew and people cannot understand it, but people can feel the infant is happy at that time, and the infant’s work is successful. Writing for you, is homework and assignment when you are enrolled at school. You want to write a great paper and your teacher gives you her best way to improve you writing skills.... [tags: Writing, Want, Need, Writer]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Immediately upon finding out my first class after two years outside of formal education was an essay writing course I was both excited and apprehensive. Writing, especially essay writing, is something that has never come easily or naturally. Trudging through AP English classes, creative writing and business emails I try to articulate myself and appeal appropriately to my readers. It is no secret writing is an indispensable skill in the business world from resumes, to proposals to presentations and just as fundamentally important to the simple daily task of organizing notes and to-do’s.... [tags: Writing, Communication, Writer, Creative writing]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- The measures of a good writer may appear to be an easy thing to quantify. However, arguing that once the basic grammar and punctuation of any writing is mastered it will all boil down to the opinion of the individual reading. Great writing should effectively communicate the information that the writer intended to convey to his particular audience. With that being said, being of sound mind and body, I, Brandy Willis, declare that I am a very poor writer indeed. Sadly, most of my writing is so horrific that it will make the readers eyes bleed.... [tags: Writing, Learning, Writer, Writing system]
711 words (2 pages)
- In my past writing assignments it seemed to be that we were learning everything step by step, where as in college more is expected from me as a writer. As a high school student it was quite easy to push everything off till the last moment. Those two o'clock nights were very frequent when a six-page research paper was due the next day. As a college student the requirements are more challenging and not something that can be pushed back till the very last second. It seems strange to me that starting earlier for a college paper and working twice as hard on it, receiving a lower grade on it than I would have in high school is upsetting to think about, but is so true.... [tags: How I Have Changed As A Writer]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- Awareness And Work Towards Eliminating Prejudice Against People With Disabilities
- The Men We Carry : Our Minds By Scott. Sanders
- Differences Between Women And Women
- Violent Offenders Think Differently Than Normal People ' Critically Evaluate This Statement
- Women 's Suffrage And The Suffrage Movement
- Improving Public Higher Education System