FINAL INTERNSHIP REPORT
I joined the Kirkuk Global LLC on 26th May, 2015. Kirkuk Global, LLC an Illinois Limited Liability Company, having a place of business at Chicago. It is engineering and project management firm comprised of consultants, engineers and advisors. Edgar Montalvo, is the owner and Chief Executive officer of the company. He manages all the projects by assigning individual project managers and project managing consultants to each project. The company chooses to work with construction manager at risk, construction manager as an agent and design build project delivery methods. The company represents clients and also advises in procuring services from the contractors. My job role designation is “Project Management- Consultant” and I have to assist Kirkuk Global in areas specified in the internship agreement. After the initial orientation and training I was briefed about the two projects. Firstly, Guar Gum facility located in Vernon, Texas and Guar processing plant in Levelland, Texas. Currently, I am left with three more weeks of the program where I will be drafting construction manual.
Activities and Experiences: After setting up the company email and drop box accounts, I was explained about the nature of the work. I was assigned with two projects. Firstly, Guar Gum facility located in Vernon, Texas with South West Agriculture as the client. The project delivery chosen was CM (Construction Manager) at risk with Kirkuk Global LLC as construction manager. The other project is Processing Plant for guar seeds in Levelland, Texas for Kirkuk Global. The following are the activities where I played various roles which are described as follows: I have established Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the Guar gum facility to ...
... middle of paper ...
... is utopian concept for any company to construct any scale of the project in three months, so I believe it would have been more learning in nature for longer duration. Secondly, I would also recommend mandating the internship course for the graduate students as I believe it is necessary to have practical understanding of the construction techniques with the theory. Also, as for the department requirement I completed the OSHA – 10hr (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) which reinforced my skills in implementing the safety skills on the project and also realize the importance of safety guidelines on the construction project. In conclusion, I had the exposure of the construction in United States and various techniques necessary to solve the problems involved in successful completion of the project which is satisfactory and enriching experience.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The SWOT analysis (abbreviation for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) is an essential tool in marketing for understanding and supporting decision-making in all kinds of situations in business and organisations. In brief, it provides an accurate context for studying strategies, positions and directions of a company proposition. It is used mainly for business planning, competitor evaluation, marketing, business and product development and research reports. SWOT analysis is also a widely recognised method for gathering, structuring, presenting and reviewing extensive planning data within a larger business or project planning process.... [tags: Company, Proposition]
901 words (2.6 pages)
Marketing Management : Marketing, Marketing Director And Social Entrepreneurship For Sexual Health Global Llc.
- I’m Shufang Wei, a Marketing Director in Social Entrepreneurship for Sexual Health Global LLC (SESH). Even though I didn’t have academic training of marketing in my previous studies, I have been working successfully in this field for two years. So far, I have been well equipped with practical skills in Marketing, especially in New Media Marketing. However, lacking of comprehensive marketing theories and systematic marketing studies hinders the future development of my career to some extent. Therefore, I am aspired to go back to school for acquiring knowledge and skills in marketing, especially in New Media Marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing management]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Final Networking Report for the advertising Agency The advertising agency has two remote offices in NY and Rural Area and one main headquarter in Austin. The objective is to design a WAN network through which both the remote offices have dedicated internet connectivity to the main office. The speed of the internet links should be >= 64 Kbps in order to enable a hassle free network connectivity. The organization plans to use routers and switches. The necessary topology and configurations are identified on the routers for the computers in the different offices to access each other.... [tags: IP address, Internet, Internet Protocol, Router]
1053 words (3 pages)
- Final Map LA Report Many earth shattering events happened during the 20th century; two great wars that consumed millions of lives, armed races that pushed the world ever closer to destruction, economic depressions that bankrupted countries and continents, and space races that pushed the ingenuity of superpowers to ever higher grounds. In the midst of all this happening both foreign and domestic, Los Angeles saw an influx of population unlike any other from 1910 to the 1950. The influx brought with it increase in social changes, labor changes, and crimes.... [tags: influx of population, from town to city]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- Global Poverty: Final Term Paper John Arthur, an American professor of philosophy stated: “Is [Richard] Watson correct that all life is of equal value. Did Adolf Hitler and Martin Luther King, for example, lead equally valuable lives. Clearly one did far more good, the other far more harm; who would deny that while King fought for people’s rights, Hitler violated them on a massive scale. Nor are moral virtues like courage, kindness, and trustworthiness equally distributed among people. So there are many important sense in which people are not, in fact, morally equal: Some lives are more valuable to others, and some people are just, generous, and courageous, whereas others are unjust and cow... [tags: Immanuel Kant, Morality, Ethics, Poverty]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Title: Final Year Elective Report: Academic Year 2014 to 2015 Candidate Number: 5685 Site of Elective: Accident and Emergency Department, St George’s Hospital, London Total word count: Learning Objectives 1. To be able to work as a team in a stressful situation. 2. To be able to recognize acutely sick patient Introduction St George’s Hospital is one of the main Hospital in the UK, situated at Tooting, Southwest London. It is a teaching Hospital for St George’s University of London which provides training for medical students and helping carry out medical researches.... [tags: Hospital, Physician, Myocardial infarction]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- How To Write A Great Report 1. Plan the report. Select an idea or topic for your report. Gather information for your report. Identify the information you want to include in your report. Remember you should have at least three ways to support the main idea of your report. Include details and specific information that will help you make your point. Write a draft. Review what you have written. Try reading the report out loud. It can help you catch mistakes. Check spelling and punctuation.... [tags: Report Writing]
176 words (0.5 pages)
- I discovered my grandfather had cancer. No matter how much I told myself he could live, that he might not die, somehow I still felt there was no way for him to get better. He was so young, only 63. He fought so hard. Whenever I feel my own life taking a turn for the worse, as if things will never get better, I remember how many years he lived fighting such a scary and difficult disease. The psychological stages that are typical during the grieving process are denial (The "No, not me" stage), anger (The "Why me?" stage), bargaining (The "If I do this, you'll do that" stage), depression- (The "It's really happened" stage), and the acceptance (The "This is what happened" stage).... [tags: Final]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Executive Summary Intellinex LLC is an eLearning company that was recently spun off from its parent Ernest & Young LLP. At its inception Intellinex claimed to be one of the largest eLearning providers. They have an aggressive strategy to take advantage of the consolidating eLearning market and become a "one-stop" provider of all eLearning services for their clients. Their focus is on creating customized training for clients and helping them to implement and maintain their on-line courses.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- PennSummit, LLC ERP Project Manager What industry is this job in. Provide an industry description including sales volume, major competitors, and major customers. What are its products, and who are the company’s customers. This job is in the Utility Pole Industry, more specifically the Steel Pole Industry. Steel poles are strong and durable as well as 100 percent recyclable at the end of their long serviced lives. There are about 185 million utility poles in North America and as of 2006 the steel pole market penetration was 400,000.... [tags: Business Market Analysis Industry]
1560 words (4.5 pages)