When social networking was first developed it was meant for people across the world to be able to connect to one another. Now, social networking is used for way more than people just communicating to each other. Social networking has transformed to revenue for several companies in terms of advertising, selling, and even distributing their products. Social networking has now even impacted the way some companies hire employees. There has been research...
... middle of paper ...
...y type of discrimination.
Barrick, Murray, Feild, Hubert S., & Gatewood, Robert D. Human Resource
Selection-7th ed. South-Western, Cengage Learning, 2011, 2008.
Giles, Karl. Employment Guide. "7 Benefits of Social Recruitment."
Joseph, Chris. Demand Media. "The Disadvantages of Online Recruitment".
Wright, Aliah D. SHRM Research. "How to Use Social Media to Find a Job. 1 January
Wright, Aliah D. SHRM Research. "Social Recruiting Goes Viral". 12 March
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Another factor when using social media to select employees is the topic of legality. There are certain legal constraints that come to play for both the employer and potential employee when using social media for hiring. The same laws and legal acts all apply even when using social media to hire employees. Still, there are certain laws and acts that are of main importance for employees and employers to keep in mind when utilizing online networks for hiring purposes. An employer must be mindful of what laws they have to follow and even the possible candidate should be familiar with what rights they have when it comes to social networking.... [tags: human resource analysis]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- The plant uses both internal and external recruiting. Lima plant has 80% of their foremen coming from internal promotions where they promote their employees. Another 4% of their foremen are recruited by transferring other employees from other plants. The advantages of recruiting internally are that it increases the motivation for current employees and both employees and employers know each other well. The company can then save up cost from giving orientations to the employees, but on the other hand, requires training expenses to provide education on new job tasks.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Evaluation, Job fair]
1744 words (5 pages)
- Future Trend in Recruitment and Selection In Today’s world social media techniques and its related networking websites are playing foremost role in communication between people, organization and their members. Social networking applications such as Facebook and Skype assist people and corporations to communicate with each other for social and as a hiring tool. Many young people in the current era are doing their best to build their online networking career healthy and available to all the recruiters (Nigel Wright Recruitment, 2011).... [tags: Social Media Techniques, Networking Websites]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Recruiting and team building for Angel springs care Recruitment and selection is a process that takes place at every plane of an organization and is among matters of utmost importance in human resource management. It refers to the process of drawing, ascertaining their competencies, and choosing the individual who fits the job. The process is often the first move towards instituting the competitive power and the essential precedence for the organisations and considering the current global situation, every recruit should thus be most fitting to enable build an effective team (Nankervis, Compton & Morrissey, 2009, p.... [tags: Human Resource Management ]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- As if recruiting and advertising victims online is not an achievement enough, traffickers exploit the fact that using the Internet will benefit them in a long run due to the capability of the Internet to store information timelessly. According to Moldovan, the Internet allows “permanent retransmission of data without the victim’s possibility to prevent it. The site is visible anywhere in the world connected to the network at any time” (90). The information about the victims will remain online unless removed by the uploader.... [tags: Human trafficking, Victim, The Victim]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Gates wanted the best talent available, and therefore recruited from elite educational institutions because without intelligent employees the corporation would not experience organizational growth. Today, Microsoft Corporation Human Resources Management consists of more than 1,500 human resources professionals throughout one hundred countries, and all HR professionals attempt to recruit, select and deploy large percentages of talented and motivated persons (Microsoft, 2010). People are Microsoft’s most valuable assets because without talented individuals the company may be at risk of loosing competitive advantage, and therefore the institution turned recruitment into a strategic HR pract... [tags: intelligence, application, talent ]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- CHARAN TEJA CHUCHIKONDA STUDENT ID: 1251159 RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION-INDIVIDUAL The company that I worked previously is Accenture, which is an international managing consulting, technical service and business process outsourcing company. JOB DESCRIPTION Job specifications are one of the final results of a job evaluation. The job descriptions specifically state the works, customs and responsibilities of the job holder. It also gives information about the working conditions and work place practices.... [tags: Recruitment, Job description, Employment]
3055 words (8.7 pages)
- Authors Paužuolienė3, J., Sander, T., & Sloka, B, conducted a test to see if the social capital theory can be expanded to explain social network sites under consideration of the employment seeking process for Xing as business SNS and Facebook as private SNS. The benefit of social network sites and if people expect advantages from SNS to find employment opportunities is an interesting research question. There are many employers turning to social media sites to complete the hiring for the employment process.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Sociology]
717 words (2 pages)
- The aim of recruitment and selection is to find employees who are willing and at the same time able to do their job in an effective manner. As said by Tylor and Collins (2000), the process of recruitment and selection is one of the most important parts of HR, critical for any organisation, getting this process right is something that takes time and also effort; it is not cheap but the consequences of poor choices can be detrimental for a organisations. The recruitment process attracts all the people who could possibly make a positive contribution for the company, moreover, recruitment practices build awareness of, and/or an initial attraction to, the organization among applicants who were pr... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Personality psychology]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- The enterprise should seize the initiative in the current financial crisis from recruitment, management and development under the force of its firm for talents. Enterprises need talents who can suit to the business, and then the first question for the firms is how to attract and recruit talents. As to the recruitment of talented people, it is a process to choose the individual from available applicants who can perform successfully at certain position. To improve workforce diversity, managers need to widen their scope of recruitment.... [tags: Employees, training, business, ]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- The Need for Revenge: Hamlet and The Butcher Boy
- Media Creates Negative Psychological Impacts towards Racial Stereotyping
- The Influence of the Irish-Catholic in my Life
- Political Persuasion Ethics: An Analysis of The Daisy Girl Ad
- Familial Structures in Portrayed in Media
- Marital Relations of Couples in Poverty