Description of New Internship Experiences
Several unexpected internship opportunities have presented themselves these past few weeks along with challenges and occasions to grow as a teacher leader.
I was invited to attend a two-hour meeting after school today for training on transitional goals for students leaving the middle school setting and advancing to high school. Although I teach 6th grade, as the EC department chair for my school, it was a valuable experience and the knowledge imparted can be useful in directing IEP goals starting in 6th grade. As I mentor a first year EC 8th grade teacher, I have gained insight and a broadened perspective of high school transitions and will be able to offer more assistance and input in helping her grow in her goal writing skills.
In a constant effort to garner more parent involvement, several of my colleagues are implementing a parent information night scheduled for next week. As we approach the last few months of the school year, our goal is to make parents more aware of their child’s progress, as well as equip them with useful information and tools that can assist their child at home. My principal was excited and offered to serve dinner which will bolster our attendance. Fortunately, my co-teaching team is enthusiastic and we spent an hour planning our agenda. Later this week, we will work on our presentation plan and begin gathering the resources and information we would like to impart.
As I have done since mid-August of last year, I met with my mentees on several occasions. My younger mentee is highly engaged and we have developed a meaningful professional relationship. She is beginning to plan for the transitional meetings for her s...
... middle of paper ...
...eos and lessons. Sometimes an ounce of new-found enthusiasm is enough to ignite passion. The idea of a three teacher team has been discussed since last summer but all the reading and exploration of becoming advocates has inspired me to act upon the proposal!
Reflection on Connections to Standards for Graduate Teacher Candidates
Each of these experiences correlates to Standard 1: Teacher Leadership. Responding to my upset mentee, taking the reins for a proposal to better serve my students and planning a parent information night have all demonstrated my ability to respond to the call for leadership. Further extending the connection, I again find myself reflecting on my experiences. Standard 5 not only helps me analyze how I can improve but also has provided me with opportunities to step up to the plate without being asked and allows me to work outside my comfort zone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Description of Internship Experience As the NC Department of Public Instruction’s December 1 headcount approaches, much of my mentoring involves EC compliance. To avoid fines and to ensure federal funding allotments for each student receiving EC services, all annual reviews, initial and re-evaluations due on or before December 1 must be held and closed-out by December 1st. Our school system imposes a soft date of Friday, November 6 to give time to make corrections. One of my mentees has several extraordinary situations that have prevented her from holding 2 meetings.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Student, Grade]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- This summer I was offered an internship for Merrill Lynch in my hometown of Towson, Maryland. For eight weeks, I worked five days a week for an average of thirty hours. There are numerous Merrill Lynch offices in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. Offices in Annapolis and Baltimore are greater in numbers and advisors. The Towson region only has about fifteen advisors and four client assistants. However, almost all of those advisors started their careers in Baltimore. The Towson office was for more established advisors who already have a distinguished client list.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descriptive Internship]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Longboards Wraps and Bowls is an exceptionally unique company that specializes in savory wraps and bowls with the finest flavors of the Pacific Coasts of Hawaii, California, Japan, China, and Mexico. I chose this company for my internship because it is a family owned business with a laid-back yet fast paced environment. I encountered and performed a variety of jobs over the course of the internship. These jobs differed in the skills required and conveyed a different amount of information based on my work ability.... [tags: Learning, Management, Employment, Skill]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- In order for JP Morgan Chase to consider me as a prospect candidate as one of their summer interns, I will have to demonstrate to the recruiter I poses the type of skills they seek for. On the on-line job web site under description they list that the summer candidate that will be chosen must be able to work under pressure, tight deadlines, able to adapt well and assume high level of responsibility. They also require for this person to have a well rounded academic background in finance, a GPA of 3.0, strong teamwork, communication skills, and high energy level.... [tags: Cover Letter Job Skills Internship]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Give a detailed outline of the induction and training process experienced during the internship. As the excitement was rushing on my first day at the airport, I knew JR Duty Free will be the right job to help me gain customer service experience and hopefully link me to other airport opportunities. I knew that training would be challenging as it involved learning all sorts of codes, dealing with certain customers in situations and overall the high security areas. The induction training was covered over a 2 week period which consisted of covering the following: - Airport Security - Civil Aviation Authority/Airport Operations - Customs Regulations - Company Objectives and Standards - Produ... [tags: Sales, Customer service, Consultative selling]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- ESTABLISHING THE INTERNSHIP I have been a student assistant at the Student Health Services department since November 2011. I was stationed there by the Associate Vice President of Student Services, and then Acting Executive Director of Student Health Services. I have an extensive array of skills which the department staff would take advantage of on occasions, but they were not giving me room to grow. My job duties were minimal, and therefore I was not performing to the full extent of my capabilities.... [tags: Communication, Health care, Medicine, Nursing]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- My internship was at Bucks County Community Corrections, and I was working closely with the CCOs (Community Correction Officers). I assisted and watched closely on what the CCOs did, and when I was comfortable I started to do some of the tasks on my own. The CCOs help out with work release for the offenders on their caseload; however depending on the inmate’s offense they might not receive work release. Inmates that don’t have work release can get an in-house. CCOs are also responsible for conducting in-takes interviews.... [tags: Prison, Crime, Criminal justice, Corrections]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- During my internship I worked in the Network Security Operations Center (NSOC), which is in charge of the network stability of the network. NSOC’s focus is to ensure the integrity of MCI’s network and systems as well as the protection of its strategic and intellectual assets through an ongoing concerted program of prevention, detection, investigation and response to fraud and abuse. There is also a team that was more involved with inside of NSOC which is called the Incidence Response Operations Center (IROC).... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- The Four Points Internship Experience: three months after Operational and Management Activities Halfway through the internship, I have rotated to all the entry-level position in the housekeeping department. If the initial months were all about induction, immersion and adjustment into the new hotel and department the two months after that I am able to confidently rotate to any non-managerial position in the department. There is more focus on mastery of skills and establishment of connections between roles in the operating core.... [tags: The Four Points Internship Experience]
867 words (2.5 pages)