I have been an editor for The Egalitarian for a year, and I planned to write about this awards ceremony. This will be an easy piece, I’ll attend, take some pictures and write the article about the speeches, maybe list off the categories, and definitely try to inspire some of our readers to focus on their studies. I had to be there anyways. I was nominated for one of the awards but, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would win.
The Dean of Student Development Dr. Kathleen Anzivino gave the opening remarks to the ceremony, and Northwest College President Dr. Zachary Hodges gave the welcoming speech. It’s always inspiring to hear him. You just know that he cares so much about every student and their success. He inspires and believes in us, and it’s a blessing.
Student Life Coordinator Lynette Stuck announced the order of events. With that announcement she gave me the best news of all time: “the students were not going to make a speech.” I even had to turn to Sandra...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The intent of this paper was to have dialogue with a Community College Leader regarding sphere of power and responsibility. The questioning inquired of the interviewee 's ongoing flow and future concerns as it pertains to their current position. This interview was conducted via e-mail with Michael Cinatl for a well-rounded perspective on community college leadership. Longtime TCC staff member Michael Cinatl provides support to Southeast Campus President William Coppola. He joined TCC in 1981 to launch the Interpreting for the Deaf Program at the Northwest Campus.... [tags: Higher education, College, Education]
1065 words (3 pages)
- A community is a group of people who share some of the same characteristics or common areas in their daily lives. Geopolitical community is a natural community. An example of this would be the city we live in the neighborhood we reside in. Phenomenological community is a community we have selected to be a part of. An example of this would be the church we attend (Nies & McEwen, 2015). Public Health- Assessing our community and monitoring people at risk. Measures taking to prevent disease, promote health, and prolong life among the people in our community (World Health Organization, 2016).... [tags: Public health, Health care, Health]
1062 words (3 pages)
- During life, we all have to make choices. Some of the choices we make better our lives, while others might mess with the course you plan on taking. During this past year, I have learned a lot and have grown as an adult. Mistakes were made, but that just means you need to get up and work toward that goal even harder and become the best version of you. As for my freshman year, many mistakes were made and when action was finally taken, it was too late for those changes shine through. While I decided to go away for college, I do not think that I was mentally prepared for what was coming my way.... [tags: University, Education, College, High school]
702 words (2 pages)
- Injustice I have witnessed My Mom went to Community college and received an associate’s degree in nursing. After that she got a job at Lutheran General Hospital, in Park Ridge Illinois, as a member of the intensive care unit. After working there for a few years she was then moved to Northwest Community Hospital to work in the cardiac unit. She worked night shifts at the hospital for the extra money but eventually she started to have kids. After having her first child she still had enough time and energy but a year later she had a second child and had to start working the day shifts.... [tags: Mother, Father, Robbie Williams, Employment]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- When I was ready to re-enter the workforce, I found that I was lacking in many skills needed for finding a position in an office. Coming to the realization that I would need to find a place for myself in the workforce was stressful enough, not to mention that I was under skilled by today's standards for an office worker. Upon searching my options, going back to school seemed like the most logical step to take, but this was a confusing time to make some very important decisions. Should I attend a public or private college.... [tags: essays research papers]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- It is always fascinating meeting new people and getting to know them and their background. Taking time to find out simple information like, where they are from and what it is like living there or what it was like growing up there. We all come from different places and grew up using many different types of resources to get us to where we are today. That specific city or hometown is significant in many ways whether we realize it or not, and contributed to our basic needs by providing certain resources.... [tags: High school, Middle school]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- On November 9th, 1969, a group of nearly one hundred Native American college students stood on the coast of San Francisco Bay, ready to take over the former federal prison known as Alcatraz, but the boats, their transportation to the island, never came. Refusing to accept defeat, protest leader Fortune Eagle convinced a Canadian sailboat skipper, Ronald Craig, to take them on a cruise, not to the island, but around it. Halfway through the journey, Richard Oakes and some of the other American Indians dove overboard in an attempt to swim to the island.... [tags: protest, defeat, rescue]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- Description In 2013, Dr. John McKay came to Sandhills Community College to recruit students into the Wingate University Doctorate Program. In addition, it is felt that McKay’s major rationale for visiting SCC to recruit was because the program at Wingate University specifically targeted the community colleges – it was the Community College Leadership Program. Listening to McKay’s speech about the Community College Leadership Program was exciting – it was far from an elevator speech, although elevator speeches are excited as well.... [tags: College, University, Community college]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- American Community College Are On the Rise In America, there are numerous colleges, universities, trade schools and techs. Some cause financial problems, some you’ll spend lots of time and some you won’t. Community colleges are only 36% of the tuition and fees at a 4-year college/university, which make it more affordable than a traditional college. (Snyder) They only last two years if you are a full-time student. Community colleges are the step brothers of four-year universities. They were placed within communities for local education that people can have easier access to.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- In our American society it is the role of the president to devise plans that will benefit our society as a whole. He might suggest that he has this plan to solve global warming our maybe he has concerns with the way a certain policy should be. Like presidents of the past president Obama has concerns and changes of his own he would like to put into place. Community colleges offer a wide range of degrees for cutting edge technical careers in today 's industries that help bridge opportunities to higher economic class.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
916 words (2.6 pages)