Someone that is pursuing a Clinical psychology degree will have to get a masters in Psychology. Some of the courses that you would have to take during your Undergraduate include Perception Lab, to help understand how and why people see what they see. For example if someone is sitting next to a person that can’t focus, that person may wonder what the reasons are behind their attention span. “You will also learn more about the relationship between health and Attractiveness, and which psychological factors influence the relationship” (Andrews, 2015).
Another important class that you would need to take to get your bachelors in psychology is Statistics. This is a class that many people forget ...
... middle of paper ...
...ndows and Excel to input information is really important. “Psychologists use computers and other forms of electronic technology to market their practices or products, to administer psychometric tests and diagnostic instruments, and to offer psychological services on line” (Psychologist, 2015). In this day and age technology has made research easier for many Psychologist because of the easy access to information and the ability to share thoughts on certain subject’s people may come across. It makes finding information more convenient for everyone overall.
While gathering information about Psychology I have learned a lot about my major and I am very excited to start my path towards success; even though it may be tough because of the amount of years I have to attend school even after I get my Bachelors. I will do the best that I can and try to help others along the way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My interest in psychology began when I took an Introduction to Psychology course during my freshmen year of college. The course introduced me to many concepts, such as human development, psychological disorders, and human behavior. I quickly discovered that understanding these psychological concepts would not only help me pursue a career in psychology, but also a career in many other fields. Through my experiences as an undergraduate psychology student I have gained an important understanding of research and how to use research to help other people.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Family therapy]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- After a long period of careful thinking I have decided to pursue a career in Clinical Psychology, as it interests me and I am a people person. Within education, a person learns so much and develops as a person. In regards to me, my understanding, I have to know my strengths and weaknesses. My three key strengths that I have developed over the years and continue to develop are communication, researching and organisation skills. I have developed communication skills by volunteering in wards and nurseries and working as a support worker in numerous places in the past three years, places such as Barnardo’s, Alder Hey Hospital, Royal Hospital and care agencies: Just One and Select Support.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- I was a senior in high school when my parents told me the truth about my grandfather’s suicide. For ten years they sheltered me from the secret they so diligently kept. The day my grandfather died is a blur. There were many police officers at my house and I waited for hours at my neighbor’s while my parents answered countless questions. Much more clearly than that day, I remember my grandfather. Friends were scarce in my rural farming community so I was fortunate to have a live-in grandfather to entertain me.... [tags: Psychiatry, Psychology, Clinical psychology]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Psychology, the study of mind and behavior, is an academic discipline and an applied science which seeks to comprehend individuals and groups by instituting general principles and researching specific cases. Psychologists try to grasp the role of mental functions in individual and social behavior, while also studying the physiological and biological processes that underlie cognitive functions and behaviors. Psychology has been around for thousands of years, has helped others in many ways, Psychology officially began in the year 1879, by a man named Wilhelm Wundt.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- My interest in Psychology began in 2012, when I had the opportunity to research on my own about the subject. After I embarked on an introductory course in Psychology to relieve the boredom of working in a call centre, I then was motivated to continue with my studies. After securing my Higher and HNC in Social Science – I continued with the HND. If there was one thing I gained from the Call Centre job it was the knowledge that I liked to help people. I believe through continuing my studies at a University level, I will be able to reach my goal of becoming a Psychologist and helping people on a larger scale.... [tags: Psychology, Motivation, Social sciences]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- I was in a remote village in the Peruvian Andes conducting art therapy with prisoners when I realized this was the most meaningful experience of my life, and it should not be. The study and practice of psychology are the place where my humanitarian and intellectual interests align. I am applying to the clinical psychology program to fulfil the training I need to continue to make meaningful contributions to society and also contribute to the field of psychology through research. A family illness that is now happily behind me delayed me from doing so sooner.... [tags: statement of purpose]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- The 1960s were a decade full of national dread and uncertainty; however, times of distress have offered unlimited information on human behavior within the field of psychology. Textbooks written on psychology can provide a window into the spirit of the times; Psychology: An Introduction (Kagan and Havemann, 1968) and Psychology: An Introduction (Lahey, 2004) will be used to evaluate the changing nature of the science. To provide a clear picture of these decades, the undergraduates expected to enroll into general psychology classes and use these textbooks must be profiled.... [tags: Psychology]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- Psychology is usually a really enormous subject matter. They are a lot of numerous career fields of therapy. Therapy being a scholarly analyze with the brain as well as actions goes towards Historic Greeks. There is also proof of subconscious believed within ancient Egypt. Psychology seemed to be the branch of philosophy until the 1870s, whenever the idea created just as one separate medical discipline. Psychology edges with a few other career fields as well as physiology, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, sociology, anthropology, along with philosophy as well as other pieces of the humanities.... [tags: education, clinical psychologists]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Psychology is a field of study that has been of great interest to me since my first year of college. By further looking into this field, and looking at Loyola’s psychology program allows me to further understand how the Jesuit tradition influences the psychology program offered at Loyola. When considering Martin’s discussion of vocation I began to consider why I have an interest in psychology, and if my intended career is my vocation. Put good topic sentence here Using the department of psychology webpage gives insight to the goals, and how the department is defined.... [tags: Psychology, Sociology, Society of Jesus]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Psychology is the study of the mind, its biology, and behavior if the individual. The father of psychology, Wilhelm Wundt, used objective measurement and controlled analyzing to find and emphasize separation between psychology and philosophy (McLeod). Wundt opened the Institute for Experimental Psychology at the University of Leipzig in Germany in 1879, using his background in physiology to study reactions and sensations (McLeod). There is no doubt that he, along with the later help of Sigmund Freud, launched what is now modern psychology.... [tags: wihlem wundt, psychology, hypnosis]
1552 words (4.4 pages)