Most people question the purpose of writing a journal. People who write a journal keep it to fulfill a basic human need – “self expression and reflection” (Sagan 1). Writing is known as one of the easiest ways to express your personality and who you truly are. You can write in a journal without having anyone judging you – unless you chose to have someone else read it of course. You may reflect on your writing while you are writing your journal/diary entries. Then, once you have expressed your thoughts, you can even go back to your past entries to reflect on what you have said before. Reflecting on your writing can help you develop as a person. It helps you think through a situation and possibly solve it. Reflections help generate ideas for how to improve as an individual. But really, it’s entertaining to re-read past memories and see how much...
... middle of paper ...
...better." Scholastic Choices Oct. 2010: 4+. Academic OneFile. Web. 22 Feb. 2011.
Jacobson, Joy. "Tackling PTSD and ICU patients and their caregivers: studies suggest approaches to averting PTSD." American Journal of Nursing 110.12 (Dec 2010): 18(1). General OneFile. Gale. UMass Dartmouth. 22 Feb. 2011
Jones, Jill, and Jill East. "Empowering primary writers through daily journal writing." Journal of Research in Childhood Education 24.2 (2010): 112+. General OneFile. Web. 22 Feb. 2011.
Sagan, Miriam. "Exercise your writing muscle; practice these journaling techniques and improve your skills." The Writer July 2002: 38+. General OneFile. Web. 10 Feb. 2011.
Sesta, Jenny. "Enhancing reflection and wonderings through reciprocal journal writing: making student voice visible." Practically Primary 13.2 (2008): 32+. Educator's Reference Complete. Web. 22 Feb. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is workplace violence and where does it come from. When you hear the words many peoples’ first thoughts are of coworker’s fist fighting and screaming at one another. These are good examples but there are other forms of workplace violence. Bullying, harassment and intimidation are also types of workplace violence. The violence doesn’t always come from coworker to coworker interactions. Customers can create workplace violence. Robbery is a perfect example of an outsider creating workplace violence.... [tags: Business Management ]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- The Arguments The Wall Street Journal posted an article in October 2014 showing the two opposing opinions regarding employer monitoring of social networking. Nancy Flynn, the founder and executive director of the ePolicy Institute, held the stance that, “Keeping an eye on employees helps companies protect themselves.” In her opinion, “Management has a right and responsibility to monitor how employees are using social media at all times.” Flynn argues that organizations must be proactive in their approach to social networking.... [tags: Employment, Privacy, Security, Law]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Benefits of Families Who Eat Together Introduction Families who eat together has drastically decreased over the years due to family members having busy schedules such as both parents working full time, children having extracurricular activities, and the convenience of having a microwave dinner in front of the T.V. However, research has proven time and time again that children who sit with their parents at the dinner table are at lower risk for experiencing drug addiction, low self esteem, obesity, depression and suicidal thoughts (Fishel, 2015).... [tags: Peer review, Academic publishing, Health]
1879 words (5.4 pages)
- The benefits of communication between parents and teachers has become a very important debate when we think about ways to better help our children/students. Teachers- parents relationship assume may roles. Communication plays a very significant part when building a parents-teachers relationship. It is my belief that in order to ensure students academic success teachers and parents need to have a relationship build on effective communication. “school teachers have to communicate with parents about their students’activities and achievements, families also need to inform school about students’ progress” (Raccah &Elyashiv, 2008).... [tags: Parent Teacher Communication]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Like many veterans before me, it seems as if time flies by quicker than we expect. Twenty years ago, I felt there was no reason to concern myself with the immediate future because I had decided my career was going to be with the armed forces. The educational requisite to enlist, back then, was a high school diploma or general education diploma. In some cases, one could enlist with a waiver in the absence of either one. I was fortunate enough to have a high school diploma when I enlisted. Therefore, my concern with higher education was non-existent and I felt no obligation to pursue a college degree.... [tags: Benefits, Job Market]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Each week I have been writing in my identity journal and each time it seem to help answer the question of how do I identify who I am. In are world we identity are self in two ways who we really are and who we what other to believe we are. This is us wearing a mask. In week five and six we had to write our entry was a creative piece—a short story, poem, drawing, or other creative form explore issues of identity. This was for me a poem and a drawing that went with my drawing on how we all wear mask.... [tags: Journal, identity, ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- When thinking about having a baby, I have to consider the financial, physical, and emotional/cognitive effects it will have on me, my partner, and my family. • I am an elementary school teacher and my husband is a golf pro manager for Troon Golf Course Management Company. We presently live in the United States. Together, we make enough money to live a little more than comfortably. However, we have been saving for a new addition to our family for 2 years now. Taking into consideration that we have many friends and an extended family, it is safe to assume that we will have a fair boost in baby supplies from our shower.... [tags: Journal]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- In chapter eighteen of The Prince, Machiavelli tells the reader how to be successful and when not to keep your word. It is seen through out history that people of power constantly renege on their promises. This philosophy can be connected to our most prominent political figure of this modern day: President Obama. In this chapter, Machiavelli has two major premises: the nature of man, and the nature of fighting. After explaining the natures of both man and fighting, Machiavelli makes the argument that it is better to be a fox (thus successful) and gives a basic outline on how to be one.... [tags: The Prince, Machiavelli ]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Critique of an article from the Journal of Applied Physiology "Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance" Introduction In 2002, a group of Australian researchers published a paper entitled the "Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance". Caffeine use during sporting events has become much more popular and has widely studied. The purpose of the research was to examine the work increasing (ergogenic) effects of differing regiments of caffeine on metabolism and performance while simulating the typical nutritional preparation an athlete would do for a race.... [tags: Physiology Journal Article Critique]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Journal of Love *If you've been hurt in the past by people dont assume that you will always be hurt, open your heart to someone who you can trust and you will find true love, dont deny yourself of that feeling* *You don't come across that many people that give you butterflies, you just dont* "If two past lovers remain friends, they are either still in love, or never were." "You always overlook the little things in a relationship. It's the times when you wake at 4am and smell his cologne when you know you have made a mistake." "Isn't it funny how you can think you're completely over someone, but if you drive past his house, stumble upon a meaningful song you both shared, or even catch... [tags: Journal Entries Love Relationships Essays]
6299 words (18 pages)
- The Public Schools' Right to Search and Seizure
- Global Warming: An Inconvenient Truth
- Allegations Against The Kosovo Liberation Army
- Critical Reading: Invisible Man, by Ralph Ellison
- The Video Game Dilemma
- Choosing The Optimum Video Conferencing: Videostreaming, Podcasts, Webconferencing, and Video Conferencing