• Content Management System (CMS) - a computer program that allows for publishing, editing, and modifying content of a web site. The primary advantages of a CMS are a streamlined content creation processes and opportunities for customization and collaboration, all from a central online location.
• WordPress - a dynamic Content Management System (CMS) that utilizes systems of templates, plugins, themes, and widgets to deliver a completely customizable website platform and a streamlined content creation process.
Logging into WordPress
• To create or edit content on your WordPress site, you must log in with an administrative account. This login information is located in a document found in your “Account Information” folder on Projecturf.
• This document should also contain the URL used to access the WordPress system. (In many cases, this URL follows this convention: “http://yourwebsite.com/wordpress/wp-admin”)
• Once you have logged in, you will immediately be taken to your WordPress Dashboard. From here, you have access to some useful information, such as software updates and other news. However, when it comes to creating or editing content, the dashboard itself won’t be particularly useful.
• Along the left side is the WordPress Menu, which serves as the primary navigation to different aspects of your website. The Menu will always appear on the left-hand side of every section within WordPress.
• Pages in WordPress will correspond to pages on your website. Information contained on the...
... middle of paper ...
Editing Existing Content
• Select “All Pages” or “All Posts” from the Menu to see all previously published Pages and Posts.
• To edit one, simply find and click on the title or on the “Edit” link that appears when hovering over the title (See Highlighted Areas Below).
Rolling Back Unwanted Revisions
• Beneath the editor, you will see a list of all revisions made to the current page / post. First, click on any revision in the list.
NOTE: If you do not see the “Revisions” list beneath the editor, you must enable them within “Screen Options” in the top-right area of the window.
• To roll back to an older version of a Post / Page, simply choose “Restore” under “Actions” for the desired old or new Revision.
• Be sure to save any of these changes from the editor (by Choosing “Update” from the right-hand panel) and verify the changes onsite.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Content Management System-The Web-Based Revolution Abstract Most companies build or purchase a system for web site management in order that consumers can access a bunch of content conveniently. There is one of the most popular web site management systems, called "Content Management System". The Content Management System is a type of software package most successful companies utilize. In this paper, research concerning CMS will be presented as follows: an introduction and development of CMS, benefits of using CMS by users or companies, and how the CMS leads a company to succeed in an internet business.... [tags: Internet Content Management Web]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Content management system is a procedural system that determines how work flows in any given work environment. With reference to the web environment, content management system may be limited to the creation, control, storage and deployment of individual contents on a given web page. Content management system is differentiated from static pages through a number of ways. Ultimately, whereas content management system should enable a manipulative approach towards the use of the web pages in question, static pages give web users no manipulative option of altering the content of the page.... [tags: Internet]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Joomla’s functionality and usability have considerably advanced since it was released. It has had a few versions like 1.5 versions and the current one which is 2.5. The new version has also come up with some improvements such as making the way of updating contents or images on websites in an easy manner. It is also free but can also be used for any commercial purpose. Those who use it do not have to pay license fee. Drupal offers easy customization options and numerous plug-in. It again has a very superior security which gives the user confidence to continue using it.... [tags: plataform, codes, websites]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- Abstract: Semantic web is based on the ontologies as its core which can support the learning content development in different ways. This paper survey issues introduced in the learning content development and associated activities using semantic web technology. This overview is based on investigation of the area of content's creation, metadata, annotation, adpativity and discovery through researches related to these issues from different viewpoints. I. Introduction: Semantic web is an important leading technology today that describes the information in a machine understandable way .... [tags: Technology]
3729 words (10.7 pages)
- Introduction This project will conduct a thorough analysis of such information services desired by customers to design a Web-based system to provide such services and implement the proposed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) web-based solution. • Description of the methodology, new processes, and IT tools and how each of them is used to satisfy the business need. Methodology • Research and identify competitors, management and technology companies that are facing similar problems. • Gather and evaluate competitive intelligence tools which include competitor Web sites, products and services, and market research reports for PPI’s business solutions.... [tags: Business Management]
1695 words (4.8 pages)
- Overview A system for a football club is to be designed that will ensure that the same information has being passed on to all parents of the relevant under-age players with regards to match details. The system is to replace a current text messaging service that has proven to be unsuccessful due to communication issues between team managers and the person in charge of the text system. The system is expected to pass the responsibility of communicating the information to the Football Management System where match fixtures can only be updated by the manager of the relevant team.... [tags: Designing IT System]
2632 words (7.5 pages)
- ... These types of attacks are also known as Persistent XSS Attacks or Type-I XSS attacks. Reflected XSS attacks occur when the injected script is reflected off the web server. The delivery of the attack is via an alternative path such as through email or via another website where the user engages with the malicious link. This allows the malicious code to catalyze the attack on the vulnerable website which reflects the attack back to the user’s browser. The browser executes the code because it believes it is from a trusted server.... [tags: internet safety, malicious content, XSS]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- Introduction Micro Widgets, Incorporated, having recently completed the upgrade process from Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and the implementation of a patch management solution, wants to extend the capabilities of their Microsoft Windows Server 2012 environment. Currently, mwi.com lives on a third party hosted server. While this was the proper solution while company was in its infancy, it no longer fits within the organizational plan. This proposal will address the process for hosting mwi.com on a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 server internally.... [tags: micro-widgets, internet technology]
1048 words (3 pages)
- 7.1. Web Query World Wide Web can be taken as a directed graph. The complete graph topology is unidentified but the navigation activities on WWW predict the vertices and edges of its directed graph structure. Web Query is used to dig out web pages from the web. Web Query represents a graph-like structure with constraints on some of its vertices and edges which are matched against the Web. A web query may take both textual and pictorial forms. Textual formulation of the web query enables the user to express any complex web query accurately.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1685 words (4.8 pages)
- Web Design All of us at one time or another have surfed the Web. Whether for a school project, to shop for a holiday gift or special item, check a sports score, or just for fun our hands and mice have clicked a hyperlink, scrolled a page, instant messaged a friend or used a shopping cart. The web has become such an integral part of everyday lives. It has become the largest center of information. It is no longer possible to escape the web. The web is an extremely and primarily visual realm.... [tags: Ìnternet Computers Essays]
1104 words (3.2 pages)