In the movie “Freedom Writers”, there are negative students and their teachers. It shows several problems between people. The students changed in many side like thinking style and behavior. What changed the students? There are always a lot surrounding factors to consider. Whereas individual attitudes decide what kind of person they will be in the future, surroundings changed students because patient teaching in school affects students and family members affect children.
Patient teaching in school affects students a lot. The first day Mrs. Gruwell came to school, she got no respect from the students. Even every teacher there told Mrs. Gruwell try not to improve students’ score, she did not give up. She tried her best to walk into her students’ hearts, gave them space to talk about themselves and help them step to a better future. The reason why the students changed is that they received respect from their new teacher which they never got. A survey of relations between student and teachers also shows the importance of a more suitable teacher. The d...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The cellphone has changed over the years. In 1996, the Motorola Startac was the first flip phone. 7 years later, the Sanyo Scp-5300 came out. This was the first phone with a camera. In 2006, the Nokia N73 was the immensely popular smartphone that sold millions. Phones are becoming much better over the years as technology gets better. Then the iPhone came out in 2007, which revolutionized how phones are made. This smart phone could do everything at the palm of your hand such as GPS, text messaging, YouTube, social media, etc.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Laptop, Motorola]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- How Cellphones Have Changed Our Lives for the Worse Introduction I have a question for everyone, how many of you could a full 24 hours without your cellphones, tablets, laptop or any other electronic device. I’m pretty sure very few of us, especially the ladies. We have become so dependent on our electronics that, the cellphone is almost an attachment to our bodies. For some of us, technology has changed our lives for the better, but for some, it has changed how we interact with the world. No longer are we a hands on or personable society, all you got to do is Google "cell phone addiction" several articles will appear.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Laptop, Nokia]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- “No ‘WiFi’ talk to each other-call your mother; pretend it’s 1993; live.” This is what a restaurant had written on their windows. That one quote says a lot about this generation and where this society socializing skills have gone. Social media hasn’t stopped us from communicating, if anything we are communicating more. We are communicating more, but we are more focused on what is going on thousands of miles away, instead of what is in front of us. We no longer require to meet up with people if we want to talk, we can do it anywhere, as long as we can get a signal.... [tags: Sociology, Social media]
2492 words (7.1 pages)
- One would think that because America is one of the wealthiest countries in the world the educational system would be just as great as the country 's wealth. However, as of lately news’ headlines read as follows, “The American Educational System is Failing Our Students” (Huffpost); “The American Dream is leaving America” (The New York Times), amongst many more. These news articles may come from different companies, but they all have one thing in common; they are all criticizing the American Educational System.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Student]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Technology is evolving rapidly in today’s society. Different types of technology are coming into the scene. One piece that has been revealed and is used by millions of people is 3D printers. In the documentary “Print the Legend,” viewers can learn about the process of making a 3D printer and the marketing behind this piece of technology. However, there is a hidden message in the documentary “Print the Legend.” That message is no matter what obstacle you may face you can always overcome it through hard work.... [tags: Inkjet printer, 3D printing, Stereolithography]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Behavioral approach in psychology states that its study is based on the belief that behaviour is controlled by our surroundings. Behavioural approach was seen as a method that was essential because it rejected the ideas of unconscious mind and only used strict experimental methods to study observable behaviour. Psychodynamic is the way in which it was believed that there are forces that drive people to behave the way they do and it that mental forces mostly the unconscious ones personality and emotions and this approach was founded by Sigmund Freud.... [tags: psychology, psychodynamic perspective, therapy]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- The Surroundings of Man Is man really born with a evil persona or a persona that is worthy as an angel or is man born naked for a reason because he has nothing to bring to this world but himself. A person is not innately any characteristic, he was brought to the world from love and must choose to love or not. Mother Theresa explains this best by saying, “Everyone was created to be loved and to love.” The novel, Lord of the Flies, has characters that were not brought to the island good or evil, but has characters that changed because the atmosphere that they are in changed them.... [tags: essays research papers]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Students who excel in class and are successful throughout life have something in common which is much more important than accreditations and high test scores. Through the use of analytical, practical and creative thinking skills they are able to face life’s greatest challenges. Every educational institution has good and bad students, so in order to boost your chance at success you need to surround yourself with the good students. Noticing patterns can help you see the differences between students, for example; the students who show up late everyday, those who never take notes, those who always procrastinate and those who never contribute anything when they are in groups.... [tags: Students]
505 words (1.4 pages)
- The Effects of Social Surroundings on Views on Alcohol and Drugs How do one’s social surroundings effect their views on alcohol and drugs. Through a correlational study I hope to find out in what ways students are effected by their surroundings, and if it is truly this that makes them do things or if it is their own will. For example, say as a Freshman Johnny feels that “partying” is bad and he never wants to do it. By finding out why he feels this way and what types of activities he is involved in the research will be able to correlate that with the way he feels about “partying” 2-3 years later.... [tags: Papers]
390 words (1.1 pages)
- When is a teacher not only a teacher. When is a friend not merely a friend. When is a special person not just special but a place in your heart. For me, my math teacher was much more than an instructor: she was a friend, mentor, a patient, caring, compassionate soul always ready to listen and share her wisdom and friendship altruistically. She was a spark. She ignited a fire inside me, a desire to pursue knowledge and excellence. I have always been an above-average student. School was easy, and I never had to work very hard, meeting the minimum requirements and working no further.... [tags: Teacher Who Changed My Life]
466 words (1.3 pages)