Starting with my academic goal of making it into the Honor Society, the first step of accomplishing this using the SMART system would be to specify my exact goal. For me, I feel it will be the earn an A in the 6 classes that I take. The next step for this goal would be to make it measurable. This would be done be checking my progress every week, in each class I take to make sure that I am making acceptable grades in order to obtain the A, in the class. Next would be to make sure this goal is achievable/attainable. In order to make this goal attainable, I need to make sure that I am setting ...
... middle of paper ...
... are strong in achieving goals.
I have a lot of confidence in succeeding in both my small and large goals, especially after learning how much my personality traits are inclined with my current major and my career goals. The personality tests I have taken confirmed to me that I have found a career path that I truly enjoy and that I know I will be able to succeed in. After struggling the first time I attended college, in major I was not suited for, I failed. Now that I have taken on a major that I deeply care about, the work load does not seem as overwhelming. It proves that when you care about something, it is much easier to continue and succeed. Now that I not only have a strong desire to accomplish my goals, but also a strong action plan to achieve them, I feel that there is nothing holding me back from achieving even the biggest goals I have for myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1 Introduction The purpose of this assignment is to develop an understanding of the best ways to manage yourself taking into consideration a number of factors. Relationship between time and stress management Strength and weaknesses of time management and the impact it can have in the workplace. Causes and symptoms of stress To carry this out successfully I used a number of methods of research and investigations. This involved identifying what support is given within Romec. Internal and external support, Occupational Health (AXA ICAS/EAP, General Practioner.... [tags: manage yourself, ]
2200 words (6.3 pages)
- You 'll No Longer Feel Stuck with Your Health Goals If You Learn This Trick Achieving our health goals can feel like a downright battle against our bodies. Even with all will in the world at the beginning, a lack of progress is a huge source of demotivation. Yet if we are to reach and surpass our health goals we are going to need to suck up all the motivation we can get along the way. More often than not, this happens because you have set yourself up for failure from the start. By setting incredibly ambitious goals and deadlines is going to be an uphill struggle the whole way.... [tags: Health, Nutrition, English-language films]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Tell Me About Yourself Assignment Throughout my academic journey, I have been asked, “who I am” by a multitude of individuals (e.g. colleagues, professors, and complete strangers), and in response I have said that I am the summation of my experiences. At my core I am a family oriented individual as it is my family who has given me strength and positive qualities of working in a network throughout my academic journey. I am a first generation Mexican male college student, who began his academic journey at East Los Angeles College in remedial Math and English courses to surpass low expectations surrounding individuals had to transferring to a 4-year university with honors.... [tags: University, College, United States, Student]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction From the videos to the exam topics a variety of the key concepts presented strongly relate to life experience I have encountered personally and in my organization. To begin, goal setting has always been a priority in my life, and I couldn’t agree more with Sanger-Harris that the characteristics of effective goals are through using SMART goals. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound; these goals are not only beneficial to an individual, but incorporating them in the workplace has an even greater impact.... [tags: Motivation, Locus of control, Self-efficacy]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Small Business Branding And Webdesign: The Art Of Building A Name For Yourself Online Your company website can take your small business from total obscurity to exactly where you want to be, if you use every element to your advantage. Along with a smart 5-year plan, marketing strategy and a lot of hard work, small business branding and webdesign go hand-in-hand with meeting long-term goals. Here 's how to incorporate webdesign directly into your small business branding efforts and set yourself up for success.... [tags: Brand, Logo, Small business, Marketing]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- ... If you acknowledge both, less time will be needed on the strengths, and more time can be spent on the weaker areas. Making goals also gives you something to work for and a guide along with it. This guide will help form a path to achieve the goal. This will not only help with goal making, but it will be very beneficial with other things in life because it also brings responsibility. Responsibility can become rather frightening and overwhelming when forming goals, but with responsibility brings a sense of accomplishment, and after attaining the goal, a sigh of relief will overcome the anxiety.... [tags: responsibility, accomplishment, relaxation]
701 words (2 pages)
- By saying it is important for a leader to have a vision would be an understatement, because it is vital for a leader to visualize which direction he or she can see the company/ organization going. However, any vision is not sufficient, a leader must have a positive vision in which they can convey what they see to their employees or team members in an influential way (Leading & Leadership, 1997). There are a few ways as a leader you can try and relate your vision by having a positive impact on your employees or team members.... [tags: Leadership ]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Tips for Achieving Your Fitness Goals Setting fitness goals are more prevalent during the New Year because most people tend to include this in their resolutions. Unfortunately for many, this desire soon fizzled out because of lack of planning, burnout and unrealistic goals. Rather than associating your fitness goals with the New Year, you can just plan a year-round fitness regime that will fit your lifestyle. Make sure that you’re mentally and physically ready with whatever fitness program you’ll take.... [tags: exercise, buddy, motivate]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- Goals and Objectives in Business One of the most important components of your business plan will be the section titled, "Goals and Objectives". Simply put, this section will be used to assist in your business planning and direction. This section can be revisited at any point in time throughout your business to ensure the business has met the outlined goals and objectives and is on "track". If your plans seem to have strayed from the original plan, you can then determine why the plans of the business have changed and how to get back on "track".... [tags: Papers]
652 words (1.9 pages)
- Marketing Principles and Business Practice Table of Contents 1 Introduction: 1 2 Definition of different terms and their relation to customers’ need and customer focus: 1 2.1 Brand: 1 2.2 Business Strategy: 1 2.3 Price Sensitivity: 1 2.4 Franchises: 2 2.5 Retail sector: 2 3 Average customer per store and cost per customer and their use in business planning: 2 3.1 Average customer per store and cost per customer: 2 3.2 Mission Statement: 3 3.3 New Mission statement: 3 4 SWOT Analysis: 4 4.1 SWOT analysis and contribution to IKEA’s business growth: 4 4.2 SWOT analysis for “IKEA”: 6 5 Marketing Objectives: 7 5.1 SMART Approach 7 5.2 Two Marketing objectives of IKEA: 8 5.3 Marketing Mix: 9... [tags: assemble it yourself furniture]
2239 words (6.4 pages)