Serves 4/ Prep time: 30 minutes/ Cook time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Cabbage is one of the foods that inhibits the growth of Candida or kills it, so should be a frequently used ingredient in your meal plans both raw and cooked. Cabbage rolls are a tasty option when you want a meal that isn’t fancy but packs a lot of flavor. For an interesting culinary twist, substitute quinoa for the brown rice or red lentils if you are in phase 2 of the Candida diet.
1 head green cabbage
1 pound lean ground beef
1 sweet onion, chopped, divided
3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
½ cup brown rice
1 large egg
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
Place a large saucepan filled with water on high heat and bring the water to a boil.
Cut the core out of the cabbage and carefully peel off 8 large cabbage leaves without tearing them.
Blanch the leaves in the boiling water until they are tender, about 4 minutes.
Remove them from the water and set them aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, ½ the onion, ½ the garlic, rice, egg, salt, and pepper.
Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions.
Place a blanched cabbage leaf on a clean work surface and place one of the meat portions in the center. Fold over the sides of the leaf over the meat mixture and then roll the leaf up so the filling is completely enclosed.
Place the roll in an 8-by-8-by-3-inch baking dish.
Repeat with the remaining leaves and meat portions.
Set the baking dish aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
Sauté the remaining onion and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes.
... middle of paper ...
1¼ cups almond flour
¼ cup granulated stevia
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup tahini
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, stevia, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
In a small bowl, stir together the tahini, coconut oil and vanilla.
Stir the tahini mixture into the almond mixture until blended.
Place the sesame seeds in a bowl and set beside the cookie batter.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls and then roll them in the sesame seeds.
Place the cookies on the baking sheet and flatten them out slightly.
Bake the cookies until they are light brown, about 10 minutes.
Cool the cookies and store them for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 3 Steps to The Perfect Microwave Brown Rice Many people find that making small changes in their daily lives towards a healthier lifestyle is the easiest way to go; but all small changes aren’t so easy. For instance, have you taken the time lately to cook brown rice. Switching out brown rice for white rice is a step in the right direction, that is if you have the time to cook it. Brown rice can take as long as an hour to cook in traditional stove top methods; but what if I told you there was an easier way.... [tags: Water, Cooking, Boiling, Rice]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- This study is about the preferences on rice varieties. We want to know what most of the household women/men prefer, is it the brand, price, or quantity for choosing from a rich variety. This study is about the preferences on rice variety in terms of: outlet selection, purchasing frequency, preferred size packages, preferred rice attributes, purchase decision criteria of most people who purchase rice products. Consumers have their own preference, but we want to focus on housewives/career women/men since they are business oriented and they know more in choosing the right products.... [tags: rice, rice grain, bred, rice plants]
2310 words (6.6 pages)
- In this article, the question of defining our national interest in regards to primarily national security but also economy and foreign diplomacy is put to the test. Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice dissects and explains the Bush Administration’s approach to understanding and operating in the dangerous and ever-expanding world we live in. The article begins by explaining the importance of securing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with our global competitors. Rice explains the Bush administration’s approach to these tasks is seen as a necessity for American values and interests rather than the global interest.... [tags: United States, Barack Obama, Condoleezza Rice]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- From the beginning Katya’s character in “Puffed Rice and Meatballs” shares her stories from childhood regarding her first sexual encounter, to the first signs of having breasts. All of these share a common theme, the feeling of being alone and ignored. Katya learns that she faces the feeling of unimportance and turmoil throughout her life while she tells her stories. The story starts with Katya’s unnamed American suitor asking about her childhood and her encounters of Communism. He acts as if he is interested in her past, but is really just looking for a story to pass the time and to cut the tension in the room.... [tags: sexual encounter, puffed rice, meatballs]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- ... Usually the extraction procedures are time-consuming, labour-intensive and costly. Current methods for the extraction of imidazolinone herbicides are mainly from soil and water media (Furlong et al., 2000, Bresnahan et al 2002, Ramezeni 2007). Recently, Chen et al (2009) and Rezaei et al (2011) have successfully develop extraction methods for the determination of some organochlorinated pesticides in fish samples. Solid phase extraction technique with various sorbents have been proven successful to determine the related imazapyr, imazethapyr and imazaquin in water and soil media only (Mohammadkazem R., 2007).... [tags: rice production, malysia, control of weeds]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- “Young Goodman Brown” is a tale of a man’s battle with his faith. It is one of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s most complexing tales. Many unanswered questions arise as you read it. One of the most obvious questions is if these events are actually happening as reality, or if they are all a dream. I don’t believe that it really matters. The essay’s events still have the same impact on Brown’s life whether they took place, or were just a twisted nightmare. Richard Fogle in his essay “Ambiguity and Clarity in Hawthorne’s ‘Young Goodman Brown’” also notes the insignificance of the dream.... [tags: Young Goodman Brown, 2014]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice Killing, kidnapping and battles, all parts of Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. The main character, Lestat, is a well-known and flamboyant vampire. In Memnoch the Devil, Lestat is faced with a grim reality, causing his world to collapse around him. He learns throughout this book, about the world, and the divine forces that encircle the world’s existence. This book illustrates how Lestat’s morals, ignorance and understanding are greatly affected by outside forces. In the beginning of the book, Lestat, the quick and cunning vampire referred to as “the Brat Prince” by his followers stalks a wealthy artifact smuggler.... [tags: Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Chinese Rice Farming Works Cited Not Included An ancient Chinese proverb reads, “Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.” In a comical manner, this proverb illustrates an important point - rice serves an essential function to the people of China. As the pivotal mediator between the Chinese people and the rice they consume, the weather, climate, and environment has played an integral role in rice’s production and utility, as well as the importance it plays within the culture. Ironically, something so integral to Chinese society may not indeed be sustainable for the future.... [tags: China Agriculture Rice Essays Papers]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction I. When I say the words "Condoleezza Rice", some of you are wondering what it was that I just said. A. Some may think I'm speaking another language. B. Others may know that this is a person's name. II. When I first heard the name Condoleezza Rice, I didn't know who she was either. III. Today, I am here to tell you about Condoleezza Rice, our Secretary of State. IV. I will tell you about her childhood life, what she did before she became involved with politics, and how her political career started.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Rice "…Finally, because South Carolina, from her climate, situation, and peculiar institutions, is, and must ever continue to be, wholly dependent on agriculture and commerce, not only for prosperity , but for her existence as a state…" (Boller, pg.110) -John C Calhoun: South Carolina explosion and Protest (1828) ᠋... [tags: Papers]
1027 words (2.9 pages)