When directed, USPACOM will conduct Foreign Humanitarian Assistance in concert with coalition partners in support of USAID and the Government of Bangladesh to mitigate near term human suffering and accelerate recovery associated with Cyclone Janari. On order, USPACOM will establish and deploy forces to forward operating bases to alleviate suffering in the devastated areas [CMS, pg 216].
Question 2: The commander’s intent identifies the purpose of the campaign, the end state, and defines operational risk. Based upon the INSTUM, OPREP-3 and Warning Order provide the Combatant Commander’s initial intent. (10 points)
Purpose: The purpose of Foreign Humanitarian Assistance is to provide mobility and logistics support capabilities to enhance host nation efforts in response to the Cyclone Janari crisis. Close coordination with other international military forces, DOS/USAID, US Embassy, NGOs, PVOs, and the Bangladesh government will facilitate operations and eliminate duplications of efforts [DoD, pg 152].
End state: At the end state of this operation, success will be defined as a minimized loss of life and human suffering of displaced persons, the scope of the crisis no longer exceeds the capacity of NGOs, PVOs, and the Government of Bangladesh; and all US personnel are redeployed to home station [DoD, pg 152].
Operation Risk: Military personnel involved may experience stress and anxiety due to the number of mass fatalities. Medical Combat and Operational Stress Cont...
... middle of paper ...
Cyberspace is utilized to support communication and information sharing between all branches of the military during military operations [Lesson 8, pg 519]. In order to support the full range of military operations in the future, the DoD must continue to develop and retain a highly qualified cyber workforce (Lesson 8, pg 526]
To help support the full range of military operations in the future, the DoD must continue to secure the ‘.mil’ domain and continue to detect, deter, and deny attempts to hack mission critical systems [NMS, pg 25].
Lesson 1, Reading 1.
Department of Defense (DoD), Lesson 3, Reading 1.
Course Management System (CMS), Lesson 4, Reading 1.
Lesson 5, Reading 3.
Lesson 7, Reading 1.
Lesson 8, Reading 2.
Lesson 14, Reading 1.
O’Connor, C. Lesson 14, Reading 4.
Fraser, D., Hertzelle, W. Lesson 14, Reading 8.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Sadusky (2010), “Domestic Violence Intervention Best Practice Checklists maximizes safety for victims, hold offenders accountable while offering opportunities to change, and set an expectation of agency and practitioner accountability to one another and to victims and offenders” (pg. 2). This checklist is an excellent idea and wonder if it is actually something that is periodically done. Whitcomb (n.d), in Georgia the find it allowed stronger laws such as: “It helps to counter batterers’ threats to gain custody of a child.... [tags: Domestic violence, Abuse, Child abuse]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Step 1: Define Your Research Purpose The purpose of my research is to find information about a city that I would might like to settle down in and I have chosen San Diego, California. Step 2: Take a Mental Inventory I live in the country in a small town in Maine a state in New England. I do not mind the climate sometimes I may wish for better weather but, it is a losing fight. I like the free air the proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and New Hampshire. I like also that Portland not far and Boston is near by as well.... [tags: san diego, research questions, purpose]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- All) The Invisible knapsack of white privilege concept is the fact that all people are still treated differently based on the color of their skin except for whites. Racism today is not always the same as racism in the past. Horrific incidents of overt racism still occur and hate groups still exist, but the racism of today is much more subtle than the past. As Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "The absence of brutality and unregenerate evil is not the presence of justice." The racism that exists today quietly benefits and privileges whites in terms of what they receive from systems and society.... [tags: Question and Answer]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Education’s purpose if many were asked would say it is to reach the next step until a career. Children are told to do well now in order to obtain a job that pays well and is good in position. All parents want to see the best in his or her children which is understandable, yet it is important to set out realistic goals since not all children will become what their parents have in mind. If one was to ask what the purpose of kindergarten was the answer would be to get to elementary school of course, then elementary to prepare for middle school and so on.... [tags: Question, Education, School, Answer]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Study Purpose and Design: The purpose of our research is descriptive. This means that we are attempting to investigate a certain element in the real world and describe it in a more accurate manner, guided by previous research. Our survey applies to this research purpose because we have some guidance from previous research, but not an ample amount that would lead us to explanation research. In description research, accuracy is prioritized. We achieved accuracy due to our question order, schematically asking questions we want the most accurate data for first, and questions that would not be influenced by other questions were asked last.... [tags: Question, Answer, Political party, Sentence]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- 1. Fully explain the role of ATP in the sodium potassium pump. Sodium potassium pump is a primary active type of cell transport where in it pumps ions against the concentration gradient. In the human cell, sodium and potassium are essential ions in maintaining normal fluid volume moreover it is an important ions that maintains the function of excitable cells such as nerve and muscles cells in transmitting impulses or contracting the muscles. The mechanism is that the sodium potassium pump pumps potassium ions from outside the cells to the inside of the cell while at the same time it pumps sodium ions from inside to outside the cell.... [tags: BioChemistry, Queston/Answer]
2055 words (5.9 pages)
- 1. Human Resource Management 2. Code of Ethics and Sustainability Program 3. 3. R 1. Define human resource management. What critical human resource management functions must be performed regardless of the organizations size. (Up to 10 pts.) Human Resource Management is the title given to define formal systems arranged for the management of people within a company. There are many responsibilities of a human resource manager. These responsibilities usually fall into three major areas: employee compensation, staffing and defining and/or designing work.... [tags: case studies, book review questions]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- ... For example, if the interviewer suspects that you have had trouble with drugs in your past, they may point out the company’s drug policy and ask if you object in any way. Absolutely, do not object because you will need to be clean to do most jobs. What if they ask the same thing in different formats over and over. The interviewer is fishing to make sure that your answers stay consistent, so make sure that you reword the same answer in many different ways. If you know what the interviewer is fishing for and you are comfortable talking about it, then provide that information.... [tags: Question, Employment, Interview, Answer]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- The internal strengths of an organization are technical proficiency, management skills, and creative genius but the question is how to implement these techniques all together to maximize enterprise credibility. The sole purpose of business is to make profit and the best way to do so is by studying its past performances and focusing on developing new insights. Studying business operations effectively and efficiently requires the above mentioned skills to be implemented in an organized way in order to deliver maximum profit.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- I. Introduction and Purpose of Literature Review Before I started teaching reading groups this year, the reading specialist told me a little bit about the Question Answer Relationship strategy, better known as QAR, and how I should implement it into my lessons. I saw that QAR instruction really got the students thinking and helped the gain a better understanding of the text they were reading. However, I did not know much about the QAR method and why it worked. I wanted to gain a better understanding of the strategy and find researched-based information pertaining to the following questions: 1. What are the benefits of the QAR strategy.... [tags: Education]
2156 words (6.2 pages)