Project management is one of the best approach to deliver the product/items within the given cost, schedule and resource constraints. Project management makes sure that the project is completed within the given cost and time providing customer satisfaction. By the end of this course I was able to understand what is project and its scope? What is wbs and obs? How to create the project plan, budget, define and allocate the resources? How to manage project development and the project development process? What is risk and how to identify and manage risks? What is project procurement process?
The 5 lessons learned from this course are as follows:
Project life cycle to human life cycle: Project can we well explained or completed by following a life cycle pattern called project life cycle. This includes different phases:
1: Defining stage: project specification is defined and major project objectives are set up, team formation is done and responsibilities are assigned.
2. Planning stage: This phase gives idea about when the project should be scheduled and within what budget?
3. Executing phase: majority work of the project will be done in this phase both physical and mental work.
4. Closing stage: This stage includes delivering the product to end users, assigning the project resources to new task and post project review.
Real life application: Once after I complete my graduation I need to apply for job to settle myself in this field. In order to get or apply for the job I will be using this project life cycle. In the first stage I will define what profession suits my studies? What should I do in order to get an interview? And I will move to the second stage of planning to get an interview do some certification, make m...
... middle of paper ...
...rough depression. But as time goes and they keep on getting adjusted to the environment and co-workers it becomes easier and later they can bring their family over here and settle.
Conclusion: Project management is being en-cooperated by individuals and corporate levels. If the business wants to deliver the projects faster, better, cheaper they should adopt project management just not for the benefits but also for the above mentioned practice.
Risk management is one of the most important step in project management it has only benefits. All the project managers and all stakeholders must undertake risk management in order to be successful.Leadership skills of a person depends on the knowledge and abilities that leader has. Leader can learn a lot of things during one project and can implement some in another project to make it successful and can become remarkable one.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For every organization, they have their own organizational goals and standards. So based on their goals and standards they have different things to do. The PMBOK® Guide consists of five process groups or phases which are Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing phases these are the standard practices for a project. Initiating process (Schwalbe, 2014): In initiating process phase, the project is defined and given approval for the project. This process is done in each and every phase.... [tags: Project management, Management, Unified Process]
717 words (2 pages)
- Projects IN Controlled Environment is the abbreviation for PRINCE2. It is one of the process based development method for efficient project management. The UK government used this method extensively but it also recognized widely and used in private sectors in the UK as well as internationally. This PRINCE2 method is within the public domain and it provides non-proprietorial support on best practice and guidance on managing the project. The PRINCE2 offer the required project governance to work in and around waterfall delivery framework.... [tags: Project management, Management, PRINCE2]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Management team is the centre of human resource. This project will feature technical service and senior project managers. The management team will oversee the development process of the project. They will ensure the project flow smoothly within the set schedule and budget. The senior management play a strategic role that fuels growth of the mobile application. Thus, the senior management team must comprehensively understand clients’ needs to help realise the project goal (Project-management.com, 2015).... [tags: Project management, Management]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- A project is a temporary activity undertaken to produce a unique product, service or result. This activity called project, has three clearly defined components to it, namely Time: A definitive start and end date. Cost: A definitive budget for the activity to take place. Scope: Magnitude of work including the deliverable and/or goals that has to be accomplished. On the other hand, project management is a practice of applying knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to the project activities to achieve the project requirements effectively and efficiently (Heagney, 2012; Project Management Institute , 2008).... [tags: Process Essay, Management]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- Project Management Framework Project management framework document defines the processes that are performed throughout the life of the project to ensure the project management policy is adhered to. Needs for a framework: The Project Management Institute defines a project as “a temporary attempt undertaken to create a unique product, services or results” (Project Management Institute 2004, 3). This definition clearly justifies the complications and probes exist, especially within the context of a local environment.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The assigned reading for forum 8 discussed operations management. The text provided significant discussion around TPS, Six Sigma, the House of Quality Matrix. Further study included the stages of product development, project management process, and supply chain management. According to Satterlee (2013), operations management considers the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources. Determining the location of manufacturing plants, supply chains, production management, production scheduling, inventory management, and equipment maintenance policies are all decisions that are made by operations management.... [tags: Supply chain management, Management, Six Sigma]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- A project manager must have a clear understanding of the landscape or management methodology needed prior to starting the project. There are both internal and external factors regarding each project that may help shed light on what Project management process and what would be best process for the proposed project. It has been my experience that the all projects while similar will can various issue and problems associated with it. The construction process at Dayton power and Light is very involved and goes through many people departments and approvals prior to construction starting and project close out as completed.... [tags: project, process, training, results]
2458 words (7 pages)
- I have a sound understanding of project controls fundamentals, which is proven by my accreditations in project controls and project management disciplines as follows: I am among the few cost engineers in Australia, who were granted the globally recognised cost engineering credential of CCP (Certified Cost Professional) by Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) in Canada. This credential proves my extensive understanding of cost engineering, cost estimation, cost controlling, budgeting and forecasting, project accounting, and cash flow management.... [tags: Project management, Management]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Project management is a study of management that deals with selecting the project, project planning, selecting the project manager and project team, project budgeting, project execution, control and also project termination to achieve the desired goal and at the same time meeting project success factor. Simultaneous running of numerous number of project is also an important aspect of project management. A project is considered as a temporary attempt to produce a unique product, service or result, with a defined beginning and end typically to bring about the change or add value.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk management]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- This paper will reflect on the different uses of Project Risk Management and ways in which it can benefit organizations to have the ability to identify potential problems prior to the problem occurring. Risk, this is not something to be taken lightly whilst dealing with matters that include high end projects meeting specific details, deadlines and expectations for the end client. Project risk management teaches one to be aggressive early on in the phases of planning and implementing the tools for a project.... [tags: Project management, Risk management, Management]
1157 words (3.3 pages)