The environment which surrounds you at a school affects the outcome of someone’s learning ability. Although private schools may not be state funded, they still have the means to supply a nice facility for their students. Public schools are kept up to a certain extent but not the way a private school is. Unlike a private school, a public school is assigned to you based off of where you live. So even if the school was dirty and run down, you would have to attend there unless you moved to another school district. Private schools on the other hand, you can personally choose. You have the option to drive say forty-five minutes away to go to the school you feel fit for your child. A nice facility is a positive attraction for a school. Private schools tend to have a smaller amount of students. In fact, eighty-six percent of private schools have fewer than three hundred students. With so few students, the average cl...
... middle of paper ...
...80 Percent, but Change in Calculations Coming | Ajc.com." Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News | Ajc.com. Web. 18 Mar. 2011.
• "CAPE | Private School Facts." CAPE | Council for American Private Education. Web. 11 Apr. 2011.
• Staples, Gracie Bonds, and D. Aileen Dodd. "State's High School Graduation Rate in 'crisis' | Ajc.com." Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News | Ajc.com. Web. 18 Mar. 2011.
• "Religion in Public Schools - Federal Guidelines." World Religions Religion Statistics Geography Church Statistics. Web. 14 Apr. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Private Versus Public Education Many struggling parents wish they could send their children to private schools essentially from kindergarten through the twelfth grade. And so my question is: What is the real worth of a private education. According to a statement from the U.S. Department of Education posted by College Smart, private school students generally perform higher than their public school counterparts on standardized achievement tests. As a product of public elementary and high school education, I am currently seeing some of the struggles that public school students face after high school graduation when they enter college.... [tags: Personal Narrative School Essays]
1061 words (3 pages)
- ... In public schools the classes can become quite large, while private schools have many smaller classes that allow the teacher to become more involved with the students. Success rate is also higher within the private educational area. This is because these students are already at a higher learning level, and are ready for the college preparatory type classes (Walker 1). Students in the public school area are not always ready for the higher level thinking that it takes to do college level classes.... [tags: schooling and learning]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- There are many public and private institutions established in our country. Both institutions play a vital role for the well-being of the public community. The purpose of this essay is to compare and contrast some of the features of public and private institution. These features include financial sources, facilities, and employment. There are similarities between the two institutions. Both institutions are organisations that aim to give their best services for the interest of the community. Besides, both institutions contribute to the healthy development and civilisation of our country.... [tags: compare/contrast, healthcare]
540 words (1.5 pages)
- Reading the article Education by E.B.White, I recall a personal experience, which I had to deal with two years ago when my family and I wondered if it would be better for me to attend a private school in Athens, Zyrithy, or my local public school in Oropos. All began one day in July when a family friend spoke to my parent about the huge opportunities which a private school supplied. He also spoke about the success of private education in the Paneladices exams. Finally he managed to convince my parents that a private school was the best for me in order to achieve my purpose and succeed in passing the exams for the Greek universities.... [tags: Papers]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- A. Many of us in this room attended a private high school or some form of private schooling, what if I were to tell you that the number of private schools in America are decreasing as well as their enrollment. B. Thesis: Environment plays a role in our learning, and the environment found in private schools are much better when compared with public schools. C. Reason to listen: We are all students. And education past, present, and future has an impact on us all. In our future when it comes time to choosing schools for our kids we’ll want to have the option to send them a private school since there environment is better suited for academic success.... [tags: public schools, private education, scholarships]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- (Thrust for Educational Leadership 1999) wrote: Voucher proponents claim that public school educators could learn a lot from private schools and their "superior" practices and outcomes. However, a report from the non-partisan Economic Policy Institute has found that the most important variation between schools lays in the type of community in which they are located (affluent, suburban, inner-city), not whether they are private or public. Researchers conducted case studies of eight public and eight private elementary schools in California to determine whether there are any identifiable and transferable private school practices that public schools can adopt to improve student outcomes.... [tags: Education]
2103 words (6 pages)
- Plato said, "You must train the children to their studies in a playful manner, and without any air of constraint, with the further object of discerning more readily the natural bent of their respective characters" (Plato). Education has increased as a topic of conversation among parents in America today. The importance of a good education has increased in value, and parents are searching for the best possible school for their child in preparation for college. Many believe the most opportune way for their child to succeed in studies is by attending a private school.... [tags: Public Education vs Private Education]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Public vs. Private Education I have examined and compared public versus private education. Also, this collection of information should help you understand differences between public and private schools. Aspects of equality and achievement in private and public education will be dissected and evaluated. Observations I have evaluated and examined both public and private education instittutional systems. Public Education Public schools are in crisis, and not because of any shortages of public funds (more money is spent on public education than ever before, but with declining results).... [tags: Compare Contrast School Educating Essays]
3628 words (10.4 pages)
- The phrase “public schooling” appears to constantly evolve and change making it difficult to define the term which has largely become an oratorical device used to reference a wide array of assumptions American politicians and society utilize in referencing the educational system within the United States. Recent developments in the educational system such as charter schools, on-line education, and voucher programs which enable participants to use public monies to pay tuition at sectarian schools and tuition tax credits for private schools are developments that make it difficult for educators to clearly define the parameters of the term public education.... [tags: Public Education]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- As with most choices, especially in the work world, there are benefits and consequences of working for both public and private sectors. There are different sets of needs to be met in each criterion but they may slightly relate to each other as well. The public sector mostly relate to Government work. There are special exams a person has to take whenever they apply for any work with the government. There are some very strict rules and requirements to meet in every branch of the government and for every position within that branch.... [tags: essays research papers]
700 words (2 pages)