Thinking about going into the nursing field? If so I hope you are the type of person who
is able to tolerate a lot. One of the major things nurses have a hard time dealing with is
children. When children come in with severe injuries or illnesses that tends to hit a soft
spot. That doesn't mean when older and elderly come in it's not important because every patient is important no matter the age. Old or young all are treated and cared for equally. If you are not a people person and have a short temper, this is not a career for you.
Being a nurse comes with a lot of responsibility. You need to be kind and able to
handle things the correct way. A job like this can be very stressful and tear jerking. If you are the type of person who is good at handling stressful situations and staying strong this is the perfect job for you. Becoming a nurse is a bit of work, but if it is what you really want as a career it shouldn't be a problem.
Focus and motivation are two main things you will need. Nursing is a serious job and
should always be taken seriously. You need to stay alert and pay attention at all times.
Anything could go wrong at any time. No matter how minor or severe, it only takes a matter of seconds and a life could be lost. Whether a nurse is in a hospital or home it should all still be taken sincerely. If you think nurses only work in hospitals you’re very wrong. There are various places a nurse can work. Somewhere around 60% work in hospitals, the other 40% are in nursing homes , schools, offices and community centers. Depending on how you want your workplace to be along with who you would like to work with. Some would rather work with old disabled people while others prefer helping mentally handicapped chi...
... middle of paper ...
...verage salary $95,000. Number two, Nurse Researcher. “They work as analysts for private companies or health policy nonprofits. They publish research studies based on data collected on specific pharmaceutical/medical/nursing product and practices.” A very important and helpful job, average salary $95,000. Last but not least number one, one of the top most important jobs to stay alert during. A certified registered nurse anaesthetist. “A certified registered nurse anaesthetist administers anesthesia to patients. They collaborate with surgeons, anesthesiologists, dentists, and podiatrists to safely administer anesthesia medications.” Average salary $135,000. There are many other types of specialties to choose from. Those were just the top 10 best paying I chose.
Sources: www.discovernursing.com, www.collegequest.com, careerplanning.about.com, and scrubsmag.com.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nursing The field of nursing is a wonderful field to look into. Nursing is a mixture of emotions: heartbreaks and heartwarming moments. People say you will always need a nurse, and you will. A nurse is more than a care provider, she is the one doctors and patients depend on. Nurses do so much for patients and it is a great feeling knowing that you can help someone in need. Nursing takes a lot of school and practice, but it is a big reward. I had the honor to shadow on November 18th with Leslye Ragsdale, a registered nurse who works in the NICU at Presbyterian Hospital.... [tags: Nursing, Academic degree]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- As a child, I was always interested in younger babies and children. As I grew up, I began babysitting and caring for those children. Around the time of junior high, I took an interest in nursing, and realized I wanted to focus in neonatal nursing. The job itself will be difficult, but that is why I want to do it. When I realized I wanted to become a nurse, I did not really have any background on what it actually meant. I knew the basics: nurses cared for patients. Yet I did not know the finer details of the practice, or how to even become a nurse.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Physician]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Of all the words that come to mind when describing nursing, descriptions such as caring and compassionate readily come to mind. Yet when it comes to applying the word “professional”, as defined by Merriam-Webster as “a calling requiring specialized knowledge and often long and intensive academic preparation”(1993), to the nursing field, there is still a large debate even among the nursing community as to whether it is indeed relevant.. Following its development of a formal identity in the 1800’s, nursing has slowly evolved into a field worthy of professional recognition.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Florence Nightingale]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- This is a research paper conducted on the very highly pursuited field of nursing. Nursing is a profession in the healthcare field that focuses or assisting others. Not to mention, nurses are heroes because of the many lives they save every day. This is an example that one doesn’t need tights or a cape to be a hero. Never the less, there are many reasons one may want to become nurse. Some of those reasons may be for personal gain or the greater good. However, before becoming a nurse one needs to be educated about educational requirements, licenses and certifications, projected salaries, and the projected job outlook for the next five – ten years for nursing.... [tags: Nursing, Licensed practical nurse]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- The field of nursing is one that requires much passion, hard work and critical thinking. It is a nurses job to promote the well being of their patients and help the return to normal function. However unfortunate events occur, resulting in patients receiving adverse health conditions as a result of being in a medical facility One of the most prevalent of these nosocomial conditions are pressure ulcers. Not only do the patients suffer from the pain of pressure ulcers but the hospitals and medical facilities are effected as well.... [tags: Hospital, Patient, Nursing, Health care provider]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Informatics has become an essential part of the nursing profession and the industry of health care. It is integrated by similar fields that have overlapping areas of focus. The field of nursing informatics (NI) is still blossoming and with its scope continually evolving, it is in need of its own theory. The data, information, knowledge and wisdom (DIKW) framework is a concept of the transformation of data into wisdom through intellectual processes. In the DIKW model, NI is a specialty that integrates nursing science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge and wisdom into nursing practice (ANA, 2015).... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Information systems]
1034 words (3 pages)
- The importance of caring within the field of nursing is significant in the overall health outcome of a patient. Caring is important for nurses to display empathy, support, and confidence, when establishing a relationship with a patient. The idea of caring is crucial when offering care to a patient and determining a care plan that is achievable. The role a nurse displays helps patients and families achieve a positive outcome. Nursing is centered on the concept of caring and the art it exhibits when achieving total human care.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Maslow's hierarchy of needs]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Higher education is a highly encouraged aspect in today’s society. The higher degree a person has, the more knowledgeable they are said to be. The education and degree that a registered nurse acquires affects not only the nurse, but their patients and their fellow coworkers as well. It is crucial to consider how different education levels of registered nurses will impact the patients, the nurse, the medical field, and the view on nurses as a whole. A nurse with a BSN rather than an ADN could perhaps provide more knowledgeable care that is consistent with the advances of today’s society.... [tags: health care]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Nursing is a remarkably satisfying profession that cannot be considered as simply a career or any regular job. Nurses have an amazing ability to touch a person’s life in an exceptional, yet incommunicable way. The field of nursing provides an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of others. Integrating faith into health and wellness can make a world of difference in the way in which one practices. “Various studies have related faith to the preservation of physiological (Gardiner et al.... [tags: Spirituality, Meaning of life, Religion, God]
715 words (2 pages)
- The Field of Nursing Why do women decide to be in the nursing field. There are different reasons to why women decide to become nurses. Nurses support health, put a stop to diseases, and help the patients deal with their illnesses. The nurse is an advocate and health educationalist for patients, family unit, and communities. They observe, put emphasis, and record the symptoms, reactions, and improvement of a patient. A nurse is a person who endows with medical treatment and help people of all ages to get good health.... [tags: Professional Careers Occupations]
670 words (1.9 pages)