Essay PreviewMore ↓
Throughout my work experience in a market research phone room center, I have encountered many personalities and had the ability to observe how their social contexts has shaped and affected each individual. I am interested in learning and obtaining a better understanding of how various social factors affect individuals. As a part of my undergraduate work, I conducted an independent research project examining trust and attachment style as possible factors that influence conflict resolution. Under the supervision of Dr. Maureen Erber, I collected data from students using various trust, attachment and confliction resolution scales and ran analyses via SPSS. In addition to my confidence about my preparation in psychology, I have earned a minor in Spanish procuring fluency in reading, writing, and speaking the language. Although Spanish is my first language, I learned English an early age that I felt further education in Spanish was valuable.
My career goals are to obtain a PsyD in clinical psychology with a specialization in neuropsychology. I am interested in studying the relation between the brain, behavior and psychological processes. I ultimately would like to work in a hospital setting to evaluate and treat victims of stroke, head injury and other neuropsychological problems. I also intend to consult on pharmaceutical drug trials that might influence the central nervous system.
I am interested in Adler School of Professional Psychology because it offers education and training in understanding the role of social environment in human functioning. I believe that becoming a socially responsible practitioner will help to develop the skills I need to successfully address various aspects, such as assessment and intervention, to fellow colleagues and patients.
How to Cite this Page
"My Education and Career Goals." 123HelpMe.com. 12 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My high school psychology course intrigued my desire to pursue psychology in college and the courses offered at State University furthermore solidified my interest to continue in this field. I took a particular interest in theories of personality and upon completing cognitive psychology, I wish to obtain a clinical neuropsychology certificate in conjunction with a doctor of psychology in clinical psychology. Throughout my work experience in a market research phone room center, I have encountered many personalities and had the ability to observe how their social contexts has shaped and affected each individual.... [tags: Education/Vocation]
409 words (1.2 pages)
- My life experiences thus far bring the best of both worlds to my education and career goals; a student coupled with a variety of life experiences. Being a newly graduated non-traditional student, mother of school-aged children, and experience working with students in the classroom, I bring diversity to your program. Through personal analysis and efforts with other professionals, I have overcome early childhood tragedies. Desiring to make the best use of my experiences by helping others to overcome trauma, and insecure upbringings by conquering these adversities and circumstances positively.... [tags: Better, Learning, Education, Management]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- If you have already received your bachelor 's degree, please describe what you have been doing since graduation, and your plans for the upcoming year. This space is limited to 700 characters. I am using this time to become more resolute and steadfast in my career goals. To this effect, I hope to improve my credentials by pursuing opportunities for personal growth, improving financial stability, and gaining real-life experience. Since graduating, I have traveled, as well as acted as a live-in caretaker for my terminally ill grandfather.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Physician, Medicine]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- Every night, as I sat on the table with my younger brothers assisting them with their homework, I hear a familiar sound at the door. As she walks her heels click, and I can hear her searching her bag for her keys, the next thing I know the keys are in the lock and as it turns me and my younger brothers’ jump. We run to the door and indeed we scream in unison “Mommy’s home”, one by one she gives us a hug and a kiss. My mother asks us how our day was, and if we finished our homework, she then looks to me and said “did you cook and assist your younger ones with their homework”; I replied “yes mom”.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- An Educational Evolution As the times change, so does the way we live our daily lives. Our education is also one of the many changes. Life is advancing with the rising era of technology. There are more opportunities available to get an education than times before, like online education. It is now up to the effort of students to succeed. With all the information technology has, we can now have education at the palm of our hands. Traditional education has been the only way students received education years before.... [tags: education, career goals]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Abstract The purpose of this paper is to construct and support an argument on decision I made to pursue an MBA degree to further my career as a senior manager within the Pharmaceutical industry. The argument will be based on a “What’s My Jungian 16-Type Personality?” test and a general benefits analysis of postgraduate and specifically speaking MBA programs. The paper will evaluate on my personal score from the test. ENTP result describes individuals who are typically enthusiastic innovators, seeing new possibilities, different theories, and new ways of doing things.... [tags: Education Personal Essay Career Goals]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- I have always wanted to go to university, somewhere busy, that excites me and where every day there is something innovative to do or see. I want to go to university to experience life in a city, meet new people and be inspired by everything around me and reflect this in my work. I chose to study English Language, as I have consistently enjoyed writing for a variety of purposes and studying how language can be used. Continuing this through university will build upon my skills and style as a writer.... [tags: career, education, fashion,]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- When people are younger everyone always ask what do you want to be when you are older. Of course when it is children everyone is filled with wonder about their answer whether it’s a model, astronaut, race car driver, etc. Now that I’m older it’s expected for me to know exactly what to do with my life and how to do it. I realized very soon that I sometimes can be an indecisive person when it comes to life-long decisions. This being a huge decision in one’s life you could only imagine how many times I’ve changed my idea on what to go to school for.... [tags: Business, High school, Education]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- The never ending question: what do you want to be when you are older. When you are younger people always ask what do you want to be when you are older. Of course when you are young everyone is filled with wonder about your answer, whether it’s a model, astronaut, race car driver, etc. Now that I’m older it’s expected for me to know exactly what to do with my life and how to do it. I realized very soon that I sometimes can be an indecisive person when it comes to life long decisions, this being a huge decision in one’s life you could only imagine how many times I’ve changed my idea on what to go to school for.... [tags: Business, High school, Education, Master's degree]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Progress Report Of My Educational and Career Goals I am writing to bring you up to date on the progress that I have made on my educational goals, career goals, goals completed, goals in progress, fie year goals and action steps, ten year goals and actions steps, and potential obstacles to achieving goals. I am confident you will find the results of the report useful for evaluating the progress of my educational and career goals. Educational Goals: Education is extremely important part of my past, present, and future goals.... [tags: Personal Narrative Education ]
1400 words (4 pages)