Job descriptions provide a candidate with the right information about a vacancy an organization desires to fill. By providing the right job analysis and design in a vacancy, an organization can attract the right pool of qualified individuals on which to choose from. This paper provides an in-depth analysis of job description, job analysis, and job design using Pep Boys’ assistant service manager job vacancy.
Successful organizations usually have written job descriptions for their vacancies. The drafting process starts before the hiring process and seeks to identify the right candidates’ attributes required for the job. Therefore, companies should write job descriptions effectively and carefully to minimize any chances of litigation and to attract the right candidates. The job description should contain all the elements to create a strong basis for the hiring process and create the vacancy parameters. A job vacancy provides the applicant with the job description, job analysis, and job design with the requirements giving an applicant with a clear view of the qualifications, skills, responsibilities, and the culture of the company.
Pep Boys is an American automotive aftermarket chain operating nationally and was founded in 1921 in Chicago, Illinois. The company deals in automotive and fleet maintenance and repairs, auto and commercial parts delivery as well as providing name-brand tires. The company advertised for the position of assistant service manager for one of its Chicago outlets. The job description was a person who would support the company’s day-to-day service operations and who could implement the standards and performances of the organization thereby deliver excellent results. Moreover, th...
... middle of paper ...
...e advert makes good use of the most crucial keywords and information thereby targeting the core motivation of the applicants. The vacancy provides candidates with a clear reason to work for the company. Consequently, the vacancy does not use ambiguous acronyms and abbreviations, which might mislead some applicants. However, the company does not specify the remuneration and benefits entitled to the successful candidate.
Companies should thus seek to know their target audience for a job vacancy, use the right language, and most importantly be as specific as possible. This would work towards attracting the right candidates by writing the job description in an effective manner. Moreover, to hire the right candidate, an organization should ensure that they use the right industry-specific keywords and information to create appeal and motivate the job applicants.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Develop new customer service strategies which are efficient. Identify the causes of the customer service issues: Using data to identify customer problems, FAQs, and throughout the customer lifecycles, the company has successfully focused on the most common quick solutions in strategy, customer services, and proactive focuses. And spending spread throughout the pre-purchase phases, and also after the purchase. Develop an effective plan to implement the effective customer service improvement strategy: Use technical cooperation to develop effective solutions to identify problems.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Sales, Service]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- It is increasingly recognized that services sector in all countries in the proportion of gross domestic product have an increasing, along with the development of tertiary industry, the market increasingly competitive, provide better products or customer experience is the key factors for the company stand out, companies can improve their products or services through service innovation, and service blueprint is a practical technology for service innovation. Service Blueprint is flexibility and versatility, the most important on the service blueprint is designed to customer-centric, and design experience and improve services.... [tags: Customer service, Customer relationship management]
1877 words (5.4 pages)
- Design-Build is overall a better more improved than the tradition delivery method, Design-Bid-Build. The rewards are ultimately higher than the risks with Design-Build. The duration of the project is shorter and the quality of the project stays the same. Design-Build allows for better communication when everything goes through the contractor, design and the owner can easily keep in contact. The contractor has a higher risk when dealing in the financial department. But the owner has fewer responsibilities.... [tags: Construction, Architect, Building engineering]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction The study will take into consideration business analysis and a software prototype of innovative interior design organization, ART-Stop. The company will be operating under huge business and information infrastructure therefore the level of management and the information requirements cannot be separated from each other due to their interdependency. In the organization, different levels of the company members are engaged at different position and hence their information requirements vary according to their position (Alchian, 1950).... [tags: Business Analysis, Interior Design Software]
1697 words (4.8 pages)
- ... But “Graphic design could be recession proof because good graphic design can be seen as a necessity or an inelastic good in economist terms” (“Graphic Design Job”). In the 1970’s the Graphic Design industry had a major technological shift, which stimulated investment in presses as the relative cost of process color prepress dropped considerably. Defying the inflation, the high interest creates and high unemployment rates at that time. During the last recession, 1990-1991, graphic design employment, wages and establishment grew that exceeded normal industry growth.... [tags: communication, motion picture ]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- 1. Supervision Management is an essential part of the social work profession and to support this perspective the authors created a conceptual framework for human service management. Using this framework, I was able to assess my strengths and areas of development as a manager. One of the six dimensions of leadership, which is supervising, that I believe is an area for development for me as a manager. There are many dynamics that are vital to effectively display desirable attributes of a good supervisor.... [tags: Social work, Management, Social justice]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Zara, a clothing and accessory brand first established in Arteixo, Spain in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalina Mera. Ortega and Mera originally named the company Zorba, inspired by the movie called “Zorba the Greek”, but later they found out that there was a bar two blocks away called Zorba too, so they rearranged the letter and came up with a new name called Zara. The first store was opened in downtown Galicia, Spain and had the trendiest items with low priced. Ortega’s idea of developing a fast turnaround fashion market led to the success of Zara today.... [tags: Retailing, Store manager, A Coruña]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- ... ODX support is also provided for with all versions of Hyper-V but only available in the two most expensive versions of vSphere. Network-attached storage use’s both NFS and CIFS protocols and can be used to store and facilitate VM’s. CIF’s protocol was created by Microsoft and generically only supported by Microsoft and according to ESXi (2014) NFS was the superior development that allowed for VM’s to be accessed from directories without the need for access through the hyper visor. The Virtual storage can be shared amongst several virtual severs.... [tags: IT framework design]
1901 words (5.4 pages)
- Riordan Manufacturing Service Request Riordan Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leader in plastic manufacturing. Founded in 1991, by Dr. Riordan, a chemistry professor possessing various patents regarding plastics processing, Riordan has established itself as the leader in polymer plastic research, development and manufacturing. Riordan has multiple manufacturing facilities located in both the U.S and China as follows: • San Jose, CA ' corporate headquarters and research and development • Pontiac, MI ' manufactures custom plastic parts • Albany, GA ' manufactures plastic beverage containers • Hangzhou, China ' manufactures plastic fan compone... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- for UI if records size is < 50,000 and using APEX data loaded if more than 50,000. Whereas for Siebel, bulk data loading can be performed using Siebel EIM Enterprise Integration manager from any rational/non-rational databases, loaded via ETL/SQL loader or any tools. It offers a 2 step process to load data to Interface tables from external applications and then load to Siebel tables as an EIM job which has no limit to the number of records loaded. To conclude, both softwares Siebel & Salesforce.com APIs (Application Programming Interface) allow to integrate with legacy applications and web services.... [tags: Customer relationship management, Marketing]
2036 words (5.8 pages)