“Constant efforts, dedication, devotion and determination are the key to success” This principle I have followed in my career. Setting goals and striving hard to accomplish them has always been my strength in professional as well as personal life. I have always been amazed by computers, code –programs and was keen to understand the underlying meaning, gimmick, structure and pattern of how programs actually work. Learning about simple Foxpro programs, excel sheet formulae, C programs at an early age heightened my interest in computer programs. This childhood interest urged me to do a diploma in information technology and later bachelor’s degree in the same area. Having completed six years course in Information Technology, and two years of experience in IT. I stand by the principal “Stay Hungry” and this has helped me in achieving my goals. Standing by this I would like to explore ahead and pursue MS in MIS. I would like emerge to put to use this knowledge to pursue MS program in MIS.
Through diploma years I learnt, fundamentals of object oriented programming, web page designing, relational databases and understand the scope of information processing. I worked on a chat server project in which we developed a communication tool for isolated networks where existing web communication technologies, such as Jabber, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, etc, would not be feasible. We used the incremental model. Initially the project was developed in C#, later, to understand the implementation differences between Java and C#, we developed the project in Java. This project widened my understanding in programming languages, as well as strengthened my object oriented concepts. We studied the Client-Server interaction using sockets, Swing, Messag...
... middle of paper ...
... different layers such as ETL stage, SIF, BDW and how data is processed to generate reports according to the requirement. The processing of information from raw data to different processing stages culminating in coherent information is fascinating.
Apart from academics I worked at NGO ‘Akansha Foundation’ teaching underprivileged children. I have also completed two exams in classical Indian dance ‘Bharatnatyam’ and represented my college in dance competitions.
The fascination about information management, the seminar on ‘Hadoop vs RDBMS’ as well as the exposure to data-ware housing made me realize the need of a concrete base in MIS. My long term goal is to conduct research in the field of Information Systems and I look forward to develop my career in the field of MIS and a graduate degree at University of ______, _______will be the right step in that direction.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... MSIM program at iSchool will help me build competencies in these areas and extend my professional experience in meaningful ways. Being able to use innovative ideas honed by technical and business knowledge to build Information Structures of organizations is something that appeals to me and ‘Information Architecture & Organization’ specialization helps me do just that. The program is inter-disciplinary and is perfectly aligned with my interests. Courses like ‘Information Systems and Modeling Using XML’, ‘Enterprise Systems Analysis and Design’ and ‘Information Retrieval Systems’ will inculcate necessary technical and information concepts in me to achieve my career goals.... [tags: degree, program, leadership, team]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Every day brings a new challenge for Computer Science. The subject is extremely diverse and success depends on the creativity and the commitment of the individual. I gain satisfaction from solving logical problems and working with computer systems. Ever since my IT technician at Secondary School introduced me to programming in Powershell. I always want to know just how computers worked and how much they could evolve over time. This interest has only grown more intense with each new discovery that I make.... [tags: study, systems, degree, career]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Moore’s law can be defined as a forecast that the number of micro components that could be fitted into a silicon chip of the lowest developed cost would increase twofold after a period of eighteen months. It is another way of stating that the processing speed of a micro chip doubles every eighteen months. Since the speed of the microprocessor is increasing in a span of eighteen months, it means that it will take half the time that was previously taken, to execute a particular task. Business transactions can be performed faster within a shorter duration than usual.... [tags: Management, Information Systems]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Recent inventions and technical advancements have changed the appearance and indeed, the entire capability of the internet as most people know it. Many events have contributed to this change, but none so much as the processing method known as Database Management Systems (DBMS). From its birth in the last century, the way computers process information has grown and expanded to a point that would have been hard to imagine for the early programmers. This growth actually spurred on the growth of the telecommunications industry.... [tags: Database Management Systems, DBMS]
1965 words (5.6 pages)
- The commonest question that senior students like me get asked these days is likely to be “What is your career goal?” I’m not embarrassed to tell that I wish to be remembered in history books as a prominent computer scientist like Richard Hamming. This is my life goal and it definitely requires outstanding researches. In addition, I have a natural thirst for new techniques and enjoy the excitement brought by technology advancement. However, neither my necessity of research skill nor my insatiable appetite for knowledge is satisfied by undergraduate education.... [tags: Statement of Purpose]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- After I graduate from Seminole High School, I plan to continue my education in Business Administration. Since I was little I always saw how my sister enjoyed her job. I liked to play like a cashier and administrate all the money and kept count of the money. My sister always told me about her work and always inspired me to keep on studying. She was a role model for me. Even in times she took me to her job, I remember it was the tallest building in Los Angeles and she showed me what she had to do.... [tags: Management, Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Bachelors of Science in nursing and Associate’s Degree Nursing both lead to RN, however, there are many differences. Associate degree education opened nursing education to abroad student population the existence of three entry level educational programs diploma, associate and baccalaureate degree all leading to registered nurse licensure. Associate degree nursing is trained mostly on clinical skills and it can be community based setting of 2 years program. Associate degree program takes only two years to achieve and has a reduced tuition fee compared to Baccalaureate nursing program.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
705 words (2 pages)
- In our world, people rely heavily on the power of technology every day. Kids are learning how to operate an iPad before they can even say their first word. School assignments have become virtual, making it possible to do anywhere in the world. We can receive information from across the world in less than a second with the touch of a button. Technology is a big part of our lives, and without it life just becomes a lot harder. Just like our phones have such an importance to us in our daily lives, database management systems are the same for businesses.... [tags: Database management system, Database, Computer]
1411 words (4 pages)
- Relational and Object-oriented Database Management Systems A database is a “shared collection of logically related data designed to meet the information needs of multiple users in an organization” (Hoffer 709). Databases contain data records or files, such as sales transactions, product catalogs and inventories, and customer profiles. Databases allows multiple users in an organization to easily access, manage, store, and update data when needed. A database management system is software designed to assist in maintaining and utilization large collections of data, and the need for such systems and their use.... [tags: Information Management Systems IT]
2153 words (6.2 pages)
- Systems Development and Project Management Information technology is an important part of a company’s future success. In order for companies to move into the future compressively they must continue to enhance their Information technology. The systems development process and the management of it are important aspects of strategically enhancing a company’s information technology system in place or better it for the future. Systems development can be simply be described as the process you go through to develop the product or products that meet your organizations needs.... [tags: Organization Management]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Applying Karl Mannheim's Sociologist Approach to the Theories of Emile Durkheim and William James
- The Importance of Academic Integrity
- In the Heat of Summer
- Regulation of Medical Devices
- Savages? Cannibals? Barbarians? Oh My!: Montaigne and His Ideas about Society
- Biomass Residue from Palm Oil Industries Used as Renewable Energy Fuel in Southeast Asia