My decision to return to college, finish my BA and maintain an A average has been quite successful. I have since adjusted to the new learning method using telecommunications; developed methodical organizational habits which have helped me make this decision the correct one. Planning, organization and research have become the basis of my rational/linear decision making skills.
My comfort level in pursuing a new career over the age of forty is apprehensive which is to be expected for anyone embarking into the unknown. Despite the years of work experience in my previous occupation as an office manager working in administration, I am confident that skills I have acquired over the years can be applied to my chosen field. The knowledge of computer technology and certification in Microsoft software is useful in any industry, including psychology. Confidentiality and good ethics are also extremely useful in the field of psychology. My communication skills are excellent and my ability to be compassionate has increased with maturity. Being able to apply and combine my knowledge and skills with on-the-job experience will confirm that I have made the right decision.
The new found appre...
... middle of paper ...
... a professional capacity.
Human services industry requires one to have human skills; such as an understanding of human emotions and the genuine desire to help a fellow man. As a mature adult, I have acquired the patience and understanding that comes with age and wisdom, which can be applied to individuals that seek my help. Being a survivor of the 911 tragedy and overcoming PTSD that resulted from the experience, I can already relate to those who are going through similar circumstances and be able to help them through their ordeal by example. I have always been grace under pressure when it comes to a crisis and have an ability to make someone laugh when they need it most. Being sincere and having a good character will also be very useful on my career path and is also considered an important asset of a good counselor. Most importantly, I am a good listener.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I’m being asked to explain how evolving technology has changed my life. A better question might be what hasn’t it changed. Technology has permutated its way into every aspect of my day, and will continue to have a growing impact on me for my entire life. Probably the biggest of these evolving technologies is the internet. The internet really became popular about 17 years ago, and it is now difficult to imagine a world without it. Often times we take for granted the fact that we have unlimited, uncensored access to information at any time.... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Computer science, Laptop]
700 words (2 pages)
- Throughout human history we have developed tools and technologies to improve our way of life. Whether it be irrigation canals or satellites, human beings have strived to make societal functions efficient and precise. But how did modern technology come about. I believe that modern technology improved on some of the basic technological elements that the ancients have left us. I will be concentrating on recordkeeping and long distance communication, and with this I will be talking about the development of the alphabet, cuneiform clay tablets and the domestication of horses/camels as examples of ancient technologies.... [tags: Mobile phone, Laptop, Technology, Cellular network]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- Many years ago, a simple delivery changed the course of my life. I was in my 8th year of teaching, thoroughly loving Middle School science, when a surprise arrived at my classroom door. A very unassuming young man brought a box containing my first computer for use in my classroom. I immediately began planning how this new equipment could impact my students. That one day, that one moment, led me to my intense passion for integrating technology in education. My actual experience with both teaching and technology began much earlier in my life.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Over the last few decades, technology has greatly increased its abilities. It started from the simple radio to now having cell phones which can surf the web. Technology has greatly influenced our society in many ways. Nowadays it has made family relationships have a different connection and has simplified people’s lives. A couple decades ago, a person would never had imagined to Skype a family member across the world. It would be like trying to imagine teleportation. It was unthinkable, but with moderation, technology has evolved for the better.... [tags: Technological Innovation, Societal Change]
2047 words (5.8 pages)
- 21st century, we live in the era of technology-driven world. Human never stopped the development of technology, because we always have a natural tendency to pursue a higher level of human being. Technology is the best evidence of human intelligence, has shown that we are different from other animals. We live with technology since we born. Although it has intervene our daily life heavily that we can’t no longer live without, nobody can deny the achievements it has brought to us. Technology has make our life more productive in many different ways.... [tags: increase in productivity, shortened distances]
684 words (2 pages)
- When I first read the unitasking challenge, I thought this challenge was going to make me less productive because I was not able to do my usual multitasking. I realize now that my first reaction was extremely wrong. As I am completing this assignment, I am untiasking and only paying attention to this assignment. I have discovered that by unitasking more I am actually able to finish more work or tasks while being able to feel that I was able to understand them better. I have used unitasking in other aspects of my life and I think that it has been extremely helpful.... [tags: Intelligence, Theory of multiple intelligences]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- To people who don’t understand, Youtube can be a waste of time but to me, it is a door of possibility. It lead me to think creatively on my own. It also inspired me to come up with dreams and goals that I did not think of before. Technology has always been a vital essential to my life. Youtube has shown me that with technology I can bring my ideas to fruition. After extracting what I learned from Youtube, it encouraged me to participate in an engineering program, and with the knowledge I gained I was able to design and construct a successful portable charger for my smart phone.... [tags: IPod Touch, IPhone, Series and parallel circuits]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Life has changed tremendously in the past till date. Many changes have occurred both in the social, economic, and political facets of life. There are many changes still occurring with the evidence of shifting from old ways to new lifestyles in evident across the board. Lifestyles have also taken a different turn in the event that most people do not live in the old patterns and beliefs of life. Many people have thus not only forsaken the old ways and lifestyles but it is also important to embrace the idea and truth that the world has taken a different angle in every aspect.... [tags: Human, Religion, Nutrition, Health]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Ever since technology was invented, we humans have become so dependent on it that we start to forget what life was like before all these gadgets were born. In my personal life experiences, ever since I was in the 6th grade, I have been surrounded by technology. In middle school we had computer classes which taught us how to type and the basics of how to use a computer to your advantage. In high school our school provided us laptops for all four years in order to do homework, take tests, research, etc.... [tags: Web search engine, Internet, Yahoo!]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Technology has always played a big part in my life and figuring out how different parts work or how to create something new is something that interests me. I believe that technology has the ability to help people in life. Being able to develop and improve different techniques and mechanics is also a useful skill in the modern world and I can imagine that the skill will only become more useful as the technology advances with the future. Although I haven’t had the opportunity to take any higher level classes throughout my education so far, I have taken up multiple hobbies that allow me to expand my abilities and skills by working with different forms of technology and sciences.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education, Education]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Analysis Of Poe 's `` Ligea And Hawthorne 's The Birthmark ``
- Parenting Styles And Their Effects On Children
- My Role Model Of The School 's Model Student
- Questions On Nc State Entrepreneurship Initiative
- Using The Observation Method, An Extension Of The Surveillance Stage
- Guidelines For Total Quality Management