Acts of homosexuality in the Arab world is till this day illegal. In some countries such as Saudi Arab, Yemen, and Iran if you openly say you are with the same sex it could result in the death penalty. Unlike in the western society where people have fought and waited for the right to have the freedom to married who they love. Even with the majority of the world allowing same sex couples to get married in 2015, it is a topic that most Muslims would rather not to discus.
The Quran has many ayat that talk about homosexuality. They are described as the people of Lut. A brief background of the people of lut, is that they were before the time of prophet Mohammad (pbuh). They were around the time of the Prophet Lut, and they were called Qawm Lut. When the prophet Lot wanted to tell people about the belief of one god, the men around that used to sleep with other men and neglect their wives. The prophet warned them about their actions and that it is an act of sin. When Allah (swt) told prophet lut to warn the people they didn’t listen and then Allah (swt) told prophet Lut to take the believers and walk away from the town that they were in. Allah (swt) commanded Gabriel the angel to spread his wings and dest...
... middle of paper ...
...homosexuality. Another analysis is that not only does Islam see homosexuality as a sin. Christian and Jews view homosexuality as a sin as well.
My response towards the topic of homosexuality is that I know it’s a sin but choice to respect people’s decision to live their lives as they please. I was taught not to judge people and that Allah (swt) will be the ultimate judge. Everyone should feel free and comfortable to express their sexuality and religious beliefs, and mutually respect each others way of life. Also the fact that I believe that on judgment day everyone will be responsible for their own sins. Meaning that not even your mother or father should be response for your actions on that day. I don’t understand why people force their views or opinions onto others in such a mean way. At the end of the day if you are happy with your life then you should be content.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Calling for a Re-Write Homosexuality has been a controversial topic for hundreds of years now and has grown in awareness and acceptance over time. Past mentions of the subject can even be seen in older works of literature and art although it was not easily found because of the lack of understanding or “Androgynous” context, according to author, John Boswell author of, Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality. It was not until the past 50 or so years that same sex marriage and gay rights began to make a huge up rise and today is seen as common and for the most part socially acceptable.... [tags: John Boswell, Homosexuality]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Why is homosexuality mentioned so many times in the Bible as a sin. In the book Torn, Lee tries to find an answer in the Bible for why he is gay. Although Lee grapples with scriptures in Chapter 12 and tries to discern the meaning of the verses in light of the context, he is disappointed that the answers he was looking for were not there. Through these scriptures we can discern that the act of gay sex is a sin, homosexuality is no different from any other sin, and because every person on earth is a sinner, we should unconditionally love these people.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, New Testament, Bible]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- John Corvino creates a great response to a very talked about and controversial topic: Is being homosexual wrong (specifically those who act on their homosexual urges). In Corvino’s article, he breaks down the potential arguments people use against homosexuality and proves how those arguments are not strong enough to prove that homosexuality is immoral. The arguments that are used against homosexuality and that are addressed in this article are the most common arguments used to prove that homosexuality is immoral.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Homosexuality, Religion]
1046 words (3 pages)
- From the beginning of time, homosexuality has been, and continues to be an extremely sensitive and controversial topic among the masses. Individuals constantly find themselves lost in seas of chatter, participating in riveting debates regarding whether or not homosexuality is born or made. Every human being has their own set of values and beliefs, but both society and the church 's perspective of the issue have changed dramatically over the years. Although the prospect of same sex attraction has always existed, it was not until the mid-nineteenth century that individuals were shamed and ridiculed for being 'mentally ill '.... [tags: Homosexuality, LGBT, Sexual orientation, Gay]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Homosexuality (the tendency to be more sexually attracted to the same sex) is often confused with homosexual behavior (acting on homosexuality by engaging in homosexual acts), but the two are distinctly different. Even though homosexual behavior, especially in more recent years, has become an acceptable standard in our society it is a voluntary act and a sin, but the church has the ongoing responsibility and God-given call to love our neighbors, regardless of their sin because we too are all sinners.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Homosexuality, the sexual attraction between members of the same sex, is a term not coined until the late nineteenth century; however, its prevalence throughout Western history is apparent and cannot be ignored. Some of the earliest accounts of homosexual relationships date back to 700 BCE in Ancient Greece. Spanning from that period up to today, the history of the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) minority is one that is commonly overlooked. Only by analyzing the historical records of homosexuality can one fully understand the widespread GLBT movement of the current era.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- The closest ideological position to me is accept the person, reject the behavior. It does not matter to me if someone homosexual or not. If that what he or she wants to do that is them. I feel like that is their business just like being heterosexual is my business. Being heterosexual or homosexual does not make you better than other. It is their life and they can do whatever they want. I do reject their behavior, because it is against my religion. I was taught being homosexual is wrong. I will treat them just like I treat everyone else.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation, LGBT]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Homosexuality has always been a concept that separates people. The most well known place with a “gay divide” is in religion. According to conservative Christians, being gay is wrong in the eyes of God. However, those who are more progressive Christians claim that nowhere in the Bible does God directly say that it is not okay to be gay. Also, homosexuality is not just an issue between progressives and conservatives; there is a strong rift between generations of Christians as well as far as dealing with homosexuality goes.... [tags: conservative christians, bible, god]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction Throughout history homosexuality has been considered vulgar, perverse and immoral. What is truly immoral is homophobia and that it still prevails today. Firstly, homophobia derived from prejudice and escalated to panic. Secondly, homophobic attitudes are endorsed and practiced by many places of worship, which are hypocritical to God’s concept of the Golden Rule. Thirdly, the severity of homophobia has reached a point of no return, where the lives of many innocent have been viciously taken away.... [tags: Ethical Issues, Homophobia]
1635 words (4.7 pages)
- Homosexuality My frustration with debate about homosexuality stems not so much from the arguments themselves, but the actual method of argument. Often, two “experts” will approach the topic from two radically different “expert” fields. One may be a New Testament scholar and thus draws out the intricacies of Romans 1:18-28 and the true meaning of the word “homosexual offender” (i.e. older man sleeping with a young boy) in that case. The other may be a biologist who appeals to natural logic and reproduction to defend sex as a behavior meant for heterosexuals.... [tags: Gay Lesbian Homosexual Essays]
1070 words (3.1 pages)