I remember being a kid and wanting to get off school go home and relax, only to find out at the end of the day that my teacher was assigning two hours’ worth of homework after being in school for eight! First of all I felt completely devastated, second I felt very upset. I always thought it was completely unfair to have homework, I mean when will you get to be a kid right? Now as a parent I absolutely despise it when my daughter comes home with homework from school. Sometimes I will have made plans to go and have some mother daughter bonding time only to have my child come home with a packet due the next day. Bedtime in my household is 8:30pm, school lets out at around 3:30 pm, one hour of driving in traffic to get home, homework takes around 2hours to finish, so that puts us at 6:30pm for dinner time which usually takes another hour and a half leaving 30 min for showers before bed. No time for being a kid! That is what over 1.2 billion students experience at least once a week.
I am going to tell you why most people think that the more homework we have, the better, and the ultimate, most important reasons we shouldn 't have any unnecessary homework. According to a Helium Network writer, Annie M. Manzi, "Children need to play and relax to refresh their minds and bodies. The pressure of having to complete their homework every night is daunting to most children." I agree, and I think you would definitely agree as well, that a child needs time to enjoy being a child, especially after being in school for eight hours a day 5 days a week! Excessive homework creates more than just stress among children and teenagers. It rui...
... middle of paper ...
...while, in the United States, stressed out students are overwhelmed with the amounts of exams and standardized tests they are forced to take and are falling behind with the amounts of homework assigned, which in many cases has no real value.
I mean really think about it, does the assignment of 50+ math problems (all of the same nature) really help our children or does it just give them an unnecessary amount of stress. Imagine only one child having that amount of homework and he/she listening to their siblings enjoying their time off; that child will want to either finish superfast without checking answers or not finish at all! Now the quality of their work will decline, perhaps drastically. Is homework really worth it? Having this information now do you think homework is something that should be giving to students after being in school for more than 7hours a day?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Money. Everyday people use money to fulfill their wants and needs. While many people in the United States have enough money to buy a nice house and provide for a family, some people receive low income and live in financially poor conditions. The effects of poverty on adults are damaging enough, but for children, the effects could be even worse. Exposure to poverty impairs the mental and physical health of young children. Even worse, most problems that youth in poverty face last throughout the entirety of their lives.... [tags: Psychology, Poverty, Medicine, Mental disorder]
715 words (2 pages)
- Homework: How It Can Be Improved The populace was taught that if students did their homework, they would execute superbly at school, so why do students not complete their homework. It has been proven that homework helps exercise the brain to help us remember what was taught in class, and people who do not complete their homework simply fail. Homework can lead to issues and can cause students to in fact, not benefit from homework whatsoever. Students do not complete their homework due to whether they have a busy schedule, or because they are just simply lazy.While it is great that students who are doing their homework are obtaining the knowledge they need to gain success, but something needs... [tags: Education, School, High school, Homework]
1872 words (5.3 pages)
- Homework has been an integral part of education since children started to be educated. Recently however, homework has begun to be assigned more and more often to students, especially in the United States, as it has begun to fall further and further behind countries like China, Singapore, and Japan. Homework is anything assigned by teachers to be completed by the students either at home, or just on their own time. The workload for students has gotten to the point where more and more parents are starting to notice the load for their kids has gotten to be too much.... [tags: Education, Student, Schools, Homework]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- 2.6 Omar K. M. Ouda and Syed A. Raza ( May 2014) works on Waste-to-Energy: Solution for Municipal Solid Waste Challenges- Global Perspective according to them the overall world’s population is about 7.2 billion by the year 2013 and it is project to increase 1 billion by the year 2025 with an average rate of 1% every year. According to research recent world’s municipal solid waste production scale is 1.3 billion tons per year, and it is likely to rise up to 2.2 billion (approx) tons per year by 2025.... [tags: Waste management, Waste-to-energy, Waste]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- One of the biggest staples of the educational community, as well as the biggest fear of any high school student, is the assignment of homework for students to complete. Homework has become such a central part of our educational society that kindergarten students at the age of four and five are being assigned homework by their teachers. Everyone who has ever experienced the American educational system is more than familiar with homework, and just how annoying it can be. Asking just about any student if the homework given to them helps them learn will result in the answer, no.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- The debate between about the effectiveness of homework completion at all levels of education continues and student homework completion remains a source of disappointment for teachers who expect students to turn in assignments on time and a source of vexation for parents who struggle to help their children in the homework completion process. The effectiveness of homework assignments towards students ' academic achievement in all content areas remains supported by research (Bembenutty, 2011; Hung & Cho.... [tags: Study skills, Homework, Homework help service]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Too Much Homework. We have all gone through the thought of too much homework at one point in our educational lives. There have been many studies towards each side of this discussion. Ironically, many of them have been done by students for their homework. But, has there really been a factual answer. There are many beneficial sides to homework, if given the right amount. First of many, students need the practice for new material and in order for them to comprehend or learn it, they must practice it.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Homework help service]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Pros and Cons of Homework School is infamous for the interaction between students and the dreadful word that is hard to swallow. Easily, the word can be typed. Homework. Homework is the heavy that weights on any kid from kindergarten to a young adult finishing college. There are hundreds of reasons why homework should or should not be assigned. There are teachers who would be on both of those ends. It appears tedious and sometimes has no intention of teaching or learning that needs to be involved.... [tags: High school, Education, Homework help service]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Humankind produces and consumes with little regard for waste. Susan Strasser’s Waste and Want: A Social History of Trash focuses on consumption’s byproduct; trash and what humankind has done to dispose of their waste over the past decades. Strasser catalogues an often deemed unsophisticated part of our modern society as being “central to our lives yet generally silenced or ignore” (p.36), throughout her book elucidating on the premise that one’s own view and opinion of what is deemed as trash varies greatly from person to person.... [tags: Recycling, Waste, Waste management]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Students are bombarded with hours of homework every night and it interferes with their lives. They are tired of staying up late at night to finish their homework or a paper that is due the next day. They should not have this workload that they have every night because they also have to live their childhood. Life is too short to be staying up until 11:00 because of schoolwork. Homework is unhealthy for students and it is not academically beneficial for them. We all know the downfall of homework: the frustration and exhaustion, family conflict, time loss, and decreasing interest in learning.... [tags: Students, Schools, Education, Homework]
1227 words (3.5 pages)