People’s lives are affected by many types of technology. However, the greatest effect on people undoubtedly is internet. Especially, in today’s world, internet has definitely become indispensable part of people’s life. In fact, life without internet is as unendurable as life without sun. Unless the internet existed, people would feel empty. Thus, internet has easily taken a significant place in humans’ social life in just about 20 years. At home, at office, at school, even while people are walking on the street, internet is always in their lives. Since the advent of the internet, it has made life better. Almost everyone in the world use the internet thanks to several advantages that it offers to people.
One of the most advantages of the internet is that it makes everyday life easy with social networking sites. Firstly, to meet new people with similar interests, social networking sites may be an effective way. People can create their own profiles and share their photos, status, interests and goals on these sites like MySpace, which has thousands of members. In this way, to find new friends with similar characteristics is easier than ever. Secondly, the internet has made communication faster and easy through social networking sites. People not only contact with each other by chatting, but also use a webcam for video talk on these sites such as Skype, Viber. Instant messages sent are also delivered to persons in just seconds. This case means clearly convenience for daily life.
The second advantage of the internet is online shopping sites. First, when people visit these sites to do shopping, they can compare prices of the products from hundreds of different dealers. Thanks to that, they can easily buy whichever is c...
... middle of paper ...
... the digital age
(1st ed.) Gosport: Ashford Colour Press
Çevre Misyonu Platformu (ÇEVREM). (2013, September 19). Türkiye’de gazeteler günlük 30.000 ağacın kesilmesine
sebep oluyor. T24. Retrieved May 1, 2014 from http://t24.com.tr/haber/turkiyede-gazeteler-gunluk-30-
Horrigan, J. B. (2006). The Internet as a resource for news and information about science. Retrieved April 18 from
Internet World Stats. (2014). Internet growth statistic: Today’s road to e-commerce and global trade internet
technology reports. Retrieved April 19, 2014, from www.internetworldstats.com/emarketing.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since the beginning of human evolution the need to be at the top of the food chain was a must for us. As a result, we have created many things to help us with this desire, although some advances in technology were more important than others they were all meant to help in the end. But the greatest invention of mankind should be the internet due to its sheer complexity and high demand. The Internet is the greatest invention by far because it is a global system of overt connected computers creating a networks that use TCP or IP (Internet Protocols) to link billions of devices all around the world.... [tags: Internet, World Wide Web, Computer network]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Throughout history mankind has had to adapt to the changing lifestyles of a society. Back in ancient Rome, Archimedes invented the nail which made the process of constructing buildings much faster. In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, and this invention quickly remodeled the current standard of communication. Shortly after in 1879, Thomas Edison invented the light bulb; without the light bulb business in the modern world would not be able to operate for most hours of the day. And of course, what may be considered the greatest modern invention is the internet; its abilities are far in reach and have completely elevated the way business can be done.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Wind power, Renewable energy, Energy]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- The internet has been the greatest invention in mankind that has provided the service of getting us to places around the world without living our rooms with just a click. The internet hasn’t only change the way we receive information but also has given companies a new way to do business now days. The Net has revolutionized how people interact with each other and the network has made the internet more accessible. The internet with the help of the network has given people new ways to get communication, entertainment, and information.... [tags: communication, entertainment, information]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- Throughout the years, there have been hundreds of inventions that have been created to change our way of life. These inventions have ranged from the beginning of time with the wheel through Thomas Edison’s invention of the light bulb, which had been used for years to keep houses lit. Possibly one of the greatest inventions in history that is still used today is the internet, which has made significant changes to how the day to day business is conducted. On October 29, 1969 Lawrence Roberts had created the first two nodes to travel between UCLA and SRI International.... [tags: internet, inventions, ]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- Internet can be looked at in the media world as the latest discovery of mankind; therefore, humans have transformed their style of working and living. The internet has trimmed down distance; in addition, it has shattered all man-made barriers and made the world we live in a smaller place. Basically, the internet brought information to our doorstep; therefore, creating the “Information Superhighway” for us (Cite). According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the internet is a network of computer systems that have been connected to each other through satellite.... [tags: information superhighway, great inventions]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- The internet. The world is becoming more linked with it every passing day. It’s what allows your smart phone to connect to twitter, and what allows you to skype someone on the other side of the planet. Most people have used it every day for good reason, it’s awesome. The internet is perhaps the greatest invention of the modern day. It has changed billions of people’s lives, and has changed our society to revolve around it. The funny thing is, like a lot of inventions, the brilliant people who developed the early forms of the what we call the internet today had no idea how their invention would change the world.... [tags: Internet, World Wide Web, History of the Internet]
1945 words (5.6 pages)
- “The Internet; Twentieth Century’s Greatest Invention” “The Internet was probably the single most important influence on American culture in the final few years of the twentieth century” (Internet). The words of that quote are those that speak the truth. During the last few years of the twentieth century, the world was intrigued with the invention of the Internet. Without the Internet, the world that we know would really cease to function. The Internet is important to everyone in some way or another.... [tags: Internet]
2113 words (6 pages)
- While the printing press and its effects is and will always be a significant innovation in the journalistic world of communication due to it’s ability to transform society and create mass production and circulation of texts and print, the Internet opened society to a world of new, faster and expanded resources that created new opportunities. The significant impact the Internet has had on society is far too heavy to be ranked anything less than the number one innovation of all time. The printing press came into the world in the 15th century and changed the world of communication that would never again be the same.... [tags: technology, internet, press, innovation]
1591 words (4.5 pages)
- To many people, when they hear the word “invention” they think of clever gadgets and devices that are now common. Such as the safety pin, zippers, computers, telephones, and cars- all of which have amazing stories behind them. However the word “invention” actually goes back to the Latin word invenire for “to come upon.” Basically an invention can be any tangible device or a process, which is brought out by the human imagination. Now a lot of these inventions have helped shaped America.... [tags: Invention of the Car]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- The Invention of the Internet Perhaps one of the greatest inventions of out time is the Internet. Without a doubt, the net has had a profound effect on almost every aspect of our lives. The formation of the Internet has changed the way we do business, communicate, entertain, retrieve information, and even educate ourselves. Nevertheless, the Internet might have never materialized if it had not been for some innovated thinkers from the Advanced Research Project Agency, who created "ARPANET." In collaboration with several educational and research institutions, the agency created the packet-switching technologies that form the basis of the Internet today.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- The Distinction Between an Unfair Prejudice Petition and a Statutory Derivative Action
- The Meaning of International Multimodal Transport
- An Act of Workplace Violence
- Black Journalists in the Civil Rights Movement: Never in My Wildest Dreams, Belva Davis
- eBay: All of my Life
- Introverts the Forgotten Sheep in the Herd