I believe that as an engineer I should work hard towards shaping a better future for myself as well as a better world for humanity at large. I want to be a part of the technological revolution and contribute to build an operating interface between science and society for optimal use of resources, environment protection, and indeed, to shape our future.
This vision drives my aspiration to join Northeastern University for pursuing Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineeering. I envisage myself pursuing a research oriented career in academia or industry in computer engineering. For this I would like to do masters in my field of interest and then proceed to do PhD.
As an undergraduate at The LNM Institute Of Information Technology, apart from my major , Electronics and Communication Engineering, I got engaged in many hands-on projects which involved concepts of Computer Engineering. Coding is interesting to me and most of my major projects involved coding in C or Python. Further courses like computer networking, wireless, digital communication, image processing strengthened my concepts and stimulated my interest in the subject. As one of the members of the science and technology council and core organizer of technical fest in college I have been involved in various technical events which further encouraged me to choose a research oriented career.
Networking is a course I have been introduced to during my junior year. As I sifted through the textbooks the interplay and interconnections between various devices and systems and the impact they create on the world seemed amazing to me. The Ethical Hacking workshop I attended in my freshman year aroused my interest in geo locating IP addresses. Due to th...
... middle of paper ...
...tion, but begins with that. Being the chairperson of Women in Engineering of the LNMIIT IEEE group, I have motivated around 1000 young women engineers and organized several professional development workshops , corporate information sessions for their participation. I worked with an aim to stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders.
While the technical projects furnished me with foundation skills to encompass engineering, my varied interests aided me to develop a multidimensional personality both of which motivate my pursuit of a graduate degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University.This would not only solidify my concepts and better help me narrow down my area of interest for PhD, but also enable me to provide vital contributions to the society.
Looking forward to be a part of Northeastern University!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Electro-mechanical Engineering One of the quickest growing types of jobs is engineering. With the world progressing the way it is we need more engineers to come up with new, environmentally friendly products. Our world won’t be able to hold human life as we know it forever so humans need to come up with a more efficient way of living. Taking an issue one part at a time and eventually making our world better, healthier and more pleasant is the goal of this profession. More engineers are needed than ever before because it is getting harder to come up with new and more efficient products that consumers want.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- I’ve always wanted to go into the engineering field in some way shape or form I’ve always been told to be an nurse or doctor when I get older, but growing up really showed me what I’m good at and what my talents are and so it seems that engineering might the thing that puts all my talents together. I love math and really enjoy working with others and creating relationships as well as solving different problems that come my way. I really love to solve different types of problems especially when I was a kid or even now, because I really like the feeling of getting stumped on something only to learn and find the answer to the problem a little while later, it gave me a feeling of accomplishment... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Growing up, our first years of school are all fun and games. We take naps, color, and other fun activities, but as we get older reality hits us like a bus and realize that we must choose what we are going to do for the rest of our life. So, we think about our likes and interest and try to decide. It’s not an easy process by any means, it can be quite stressful. Picking a career is probably one of the most important decisions we will ever make in our life. It will determine many factors in our life as we get older.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “I will respect every one. I will learn from every one. I will observe every one. I believe I can go beyond and will surpass every one. I will consciously shun the attitude of being the second best. I am not here to be a second human being. Nothing will be mine unless I am convinced that it belongs to me. I deserve abundance. I am not going to go in search of abundance but I will make abundance flow into my life”- This is the exhortation give by Mahaatria Raa in his invaluable word “Most and More”.... [tags: career, education, usa]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- When children or teens grow up they wonder “What do I want to be when I’m older”. Most teens or children won’t know what they want to do until they are in high school. Sometimes it might even take longer than that. Most high school students will find hidden talents that they didn’t know about themselves which could cause them to do the thing they like to do. Some may like to draw and be good at that, and others that aren’t good at drawing pictures might be good at sports. After they get out of high school or months before they do the teens might know what they want to do.... [tags: technology, professional choice]
1745 words (5 pages)
- What does it take to become a “world-class” engineer. Does one have to know everything about the specific type of engineering. The answer to this question is no. Being a “world-class” engineer is so much more than just knowing all about engineering. To be a “world-class” engineer you need to have a solid foundation of the goals one sets for themselves to be successful, community building, academic development, and even a personal development. At the beginning of the year I decided that I wanted to be a Biomedical Engineer because it combines three fields that I have a passion for: Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- My Path It has taken a very long time for me to decide on the path that I wanted to take for my career. I have almost always known that I wanted to be an engineer. I was always more interested in applying my knowledge to solve problems rather than just research and understand the world. However, I had little to no inkling as to which field of engineering I wanted to go in to. I had always been a dabbler, involving myself in a large variety of activities with the interest of learning about how stuff works.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- ... It is at this stage he taught us evolutionary algorithms like Genetic Algorithm and its variants, Particle Swarm Optimization, Differential Evolution, Ant Colony Optimization and Bacterial Foraging Optimization apart from the normal course curriculum and then left us with the task of working on them. For the first time after getting into the college, I felt very excited when I applied all of these techniques to Linear System Identification in signal processing and got excellent results. It gave me a chance to envision the amount of possible problems that can be tackled with such heuristic algorithms.... [tags: math, programming, interest]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- One of the most useful technologies in the medical field is computerized tomography, or CT scans. It is technology that uses different angles of X-Rays to create cross sectional images of various body parts, bones, blood vessels and soft tissue. This technology has helped thousands if not millions of emergency victims. Although the technology is great, improvement could be made to its size, speed, clarity, and safety. As an engineer, it would be my duty to find ways to improve the technology. My plan would be to design and create a new, more efficient CT scan.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- The History of Nursery Rhymes
- Hip-Hop and To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Importance of Corporate Governance fot the Financial Development of a Country
- Chemotherapy and Breast Cancer
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Organizational Practices of Hewlett Packard and Lenovo
- The Female Characters in An Inspector Calls and Macbeth