Persuasive Speech About Alcohol

3534 Words15 Pages
Alcohol is a very serious drug, yet it is not treated this way anymore. It is an intoxicating ingredient found in wine, beer, and liquor. Alcohol is produced by the production of yeast, sugars, and starches. Their is statistics monitoring the trends in prevalence of alcohol for 8th, 10th, and 12th grades. It stated that in a lifetime period 8th grades will have a 26.80% chance, 10th graders will have 49.30%, and 12th graders will have 66%. Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings. Did you know that…show more content…
No matter how many glasses of water you drink, or how much food you consume, that will not help. Only time can get rid of alcohol. Lets take a night out into consideration. Say you start drinking at 9 at night, and stop drinking at 1:30 in the morning. your Your blood alcohol concentration will continue to rise for another 30 minutes. At around 8 in the morning, you will still be considered intoxicated. It will not be until 1 in the afternoon that all of the alcohol will be out of your system. Therefore, it will take about 12 hours for someones body to release the…show more content…
One is that everyone drinks. Truth is, although 31% teens said they’ve drank alcohol, that leaves 69% who choose not to drink. Another myth is beer before liquor, never been sicker; liquor before beer, you’re in the clear. Fact is that your blood alcohol content determines how drunk you are. It doesn’t matter what type of alcohol you consume first, alcohol is alcohol and too much of any combination will make you sick. People say that they can sober up quickly if they need to. However, no matter how many showers you take, how many cups of coffee you drink, the only thing your body needs is time. Depending on your weight, it takes about three hours to eliminate every two drinks you’ve had. Another myth is that the best thing to do for someone who is drunk is to put them to bed and let them sleep it off. This is the total opposite of what you should do! Someone needs to stay with the person to check their breathing, check their sin temperature, and frequently try to wake them. A drunk person is unaware of their surroundings, so do not ever leave a drunk person

More about Persuasive Speech About Alcohol

Open Document