Increasingly tense doctor-patient relationship in China is not only a serious impact on the medical service market, but also has become a social disharmonious factor. It’s inevitable that the patients need to see a doctor when they are sick and the doctor needs to cure the patients to get paid. So the doctor-patient relationship is like a common interest. In the past, the Chinese economy was not developed. There was a public health care system that medical costs of workers in the city were generally paid by the units, almost no more personal spending in the process of seeing a doctor. Everyone feel equal to receive treatment. It’s honor to become a doctor and people also love to call them ‘angels’, ‘write warrior’ at that time. The relationship between doctor and patient is very friendly, they respect and trust each other. In medical work in the past, it’s hard to avoid medical accidents. It’s happy to cure the patient successfully and it’s a pity when the patient didn’t be cured by the doctors, it’s all attributed to the fate of doom, the responsibility of doctors will not to be investigated. With the development of the economy, the medical treatment has become a kind of special commodity, the doctor-patient relationship has become a commodity. The doctor need to be liable for their goods, when differences between patient and doctor cannot get approval, the dispute began to appear, and the harmonious doctor-patient relationship is broken. Recently, the medical event occurs repeatedly, like revenge of families, doctor sell expensive drugs which stolen from patients who confined on bed with a serious illness. The doctor- patient relationship in China has become more tense because there is a ...
... middle of paper ...
...o find an empty bed in the department of popular disease. The hospital will increase the beds on both sides in the corridor. There is no empathy between doctor and patient.
Medical disputes increased. There is a study which objectives were to examine factors influencing healthcare workers’ opinions about workplace violence. Results revealed that workers had a strong opinion about the necessity of improving diagnosis competence, developing violence prevention guidelines and plans, using protective equipment, and reinforcing staff by providing back-up support. ()
The lake of dependence between doctor and patients become a big problem in the field of medicine of China. It is closely linked with our life. The relevant system should be improved by the government in order to protect the right of both side. At the same time, we should have an objective attitude to face it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Unlike many, I have discovered my ambition to become a doctor more gradually with my passion originating from my early teenage years sitting in a science class, slowly gaining a deeper interest in the complexities of our being. It did and still does amaze me how the human organism can be reduced to a canvas of biological molecules, however exhibits surfacing properties, such as awareness, that are so blatantly detached from the biochemical sum of its parts. My current study of science continues to magnify my wonder in life, and outside the classroom; into the medical field, I am stirred by the development and research of new and increasingly advanced treatments, medication and technology, bu... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Doctor, Patient]
707 words (2 pages)
- Reflection is an important part of development and growth for all medical professionals. It gives us a chance to assess our assumptions and make active change in our behaviour towards both our patients and our team. This essay will specifically reflect on what is important in the doctor patient relationship. In order to provide direction for this reflection I chose to watch and review Patch Adams. Patch Adams is the story of Hunter Adams; a man who, upon reaching middle age, suffers from depression and considers taking his life.... [tags: Physician, Patient, Psychiatry]
1053 words (3 pages)
- The doctor patient relationship is an important connection. Doctor-patient confidentiality is based on the idea that a person should not care for medical treatment because they fear the state will share with others. There are some questions a patient 's doctor must be a secret, you can not tell a third party about the problem. Another example, if a teenager says to a doctor, "I am depressed, I have been trying to kill myself" ( "Youth confidential: a young person 's right to privacy"). Doctors are not sure of information, because the doctor is this guy right help.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Patient, Hippocratic Oath]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- MY BELIEVES I believe that since birth we have a destiny and a destination. Sometimes even before we can rationalize our thoughts, our heart already knows what we want. At the end, our feelings will push us one step closer to accomplishing our goals. My life has been undoubtedly a mirror of my thoughts. WHY A DOCTOR As a frequently ill child, I spent most of my childhood visiting doctors and being torture by needless and medicines. Not being satisfied, my playful curiosity led me to burn the soil of my foot.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Doctor-patient relationship]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Today, we are facing a healthcare communication crisis. The relationship between doctor and patient relationship is falling apart. For patient who are not able to make decision for themselves, so they rely on their family members. This puts more stress on doctors, such that patient out number doctors and it prevents them from using their full capacity. Ways to help this cause will be by redefining healthcare to society. To redefine healthcare communication one needs to understand the doctor’s role.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Third World, Nursing]
1407 words (4 pages)
- ... The difference that is the between both models, is how the doctor acts in the relationship. In the interpretative model, the physician or doctor is more of a counselor or advisor, where as in the deliberative model, the physician or doctor is more of a teacher or friend. Basically, in the interpretative model the doctor can only help the patient find out his or her desires and values, then help the patient make a decision based on those desire and values. The deliberative model doctor is different because he has a say when it come to the patient’s best medical values.... [tags: interpretative model, medical cases]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction So one is going about your business, doing your normal routine and it’s time for a doctor’s visit. You go in there, the doctor performs his regular examine and sends you home. The next phone call you get from your doctor is a tragic one. They have just diagnosed you with a disease that has a low survival rate. And so begins the medical treatments. These treatments could last weeks, months, or years, during which you will face some of the most difficult choices. Some of our family members or friends have heard these words before and unfortunately doctors can only do so much to help, and the cost of treatments are on the rise.... [tags: Hospital, Medicine, Patient, Physician]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Privately owned medical practices, healthy doctor-patient relationships help the treatment and healing process go smoothly, through the television show “Hart of Dixie”, where the small town atmosphere puts on to display the importance of bedside manner, and reputations. After four years residency at New York Hospital, Dr. Zoe Harts life gets turned upside down. Following her father 's footsteps Dr. Zoe Hart has always wanted to become a heart surgeon at New York Hospital “because our last name is Hart, so it’s predestined”(“Hart of Dixie”).... [tags: Physician, Patient, Medicine]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Differences of staying in hospitals between Beijing and Victoria Being an international student, everyone needs to avoid being sick and staying in hospital. However, due to various causes, someone happens to get a disease or been injured and have to stay in hospital. Do you know the differences in hospitals between Beijing and Victoria. Generally speaking, there are several differences, such as cost, services and relationships. First, staying in hospitals varies in cost between Beijing and Victoria.... [tags: Physician, Patient, Hospital, Medicine]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- The Relationship Between a Doctor and His Patient Doctors are bound by a code of conduct. The code of conduct includes appropriate behaviour when dealing with patients who are under their care. In this Eastenders story, the local GP approaches a young patient of his to attend a medical dinner with him. The reason he gives is that he has been turned down by a medical colleague and wants to make her jealous by taking another attractive young woman. The GP's approach is very attractive to the young patient Zoe, because she is very impressed with the GP, his intelligence, lifestyle and the opportunity to attend a exclusive event with an attractive older man makes it... [tags: Free Essays]
422 words (1.2 pages)