Collette began in New South Wales when she launched her handmade, dry-clean only lace lingerie. Beginning with a show at the Alice Motel in Tamarama with models from a local Tech school Collette showcased her lingerie with handcrafted plastic dresses over the top and the models carrying water pistols. She was then receiving a high demand for her handcrafted lingerie but found that stores in Australia were not willing to buy her products as ‘dry-clean only underwear was [viewed as] not appropriate’ for the Australian market (Talking Heads, 2016). The concept came when she began by doing designs for her close friends and then saw that the demand was growing; with getting inspiration from vintage clothing and antique bric-a-brac and then began to work on a collection (MAAS, 2016). The risk of starting out on her own and not beginning as ...
... middle of paper ...
...an-couture-queen-unlaced-in-gentle-fashion. [Accessed 05 April 2016].
Collette Dinnigan bids farewell to high-end fashion | afr.com. 2016. A Financial Review. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.afr.com/business/retail/collette-dinnigan-bids-farewell-to-highend-fashion-20131028-jgswx. [Accessed 05 April 2016].
Collette Dinnigan Biography - Childhood, Life Achievements & Timeline. 2016. The Famous People. [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/collette-dinnigan-6083.php#AGKGpop5QV7tutjq.99. [Accessed 05 April 2016].
Collette Dinnigan on career highs, closing shop and what’s next - Vogue Australia. 2016. Collette Dinnigan on career highs, closing shop and what’s next - Vogue Australia. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.vogue.com.au/celebrity/interviews/collette+dinnigan+on+career+highs+closing+shop+and+whats+next,29655. [Accessed 05 April 2016].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- While learning in sociology 101, I found an interesting theory that relates to the topic, “Designer Babies”. I will be stating viewpoints about some examples that I researched. In the book, Essentials of Sociology by James M. Henslin, our class identified the interpretation of the word McDonaldization. The definition of the word works perfectly with the principles and understanding tactics of designer babies, or gene editing. The definition of McDonaldization is the process by which ordinary aspects of life are rationalized and efficiency comes to rule them, including such things as food preparation (Henslin,year).... [tags: Genetics, Preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Gene]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- TMC404: Entrepreneurship Robert Seals FDA International Travel & Tourism Management Assignment 1 Case Study Report Case Study 70 Percent Weighting Contents Page: Introduction: Page 1 Section 1: Skills, attributes and behaviours of Entrepreneurs, linking in with theories of entrepreneurs (Case Study) Pages 1-3 Section 2: Personal skills audit linking to skills, attributes and behaviours and how to overcome them. Pages 4-5 Section 3: Environmental scanning for Travel and Tourism Pages 5-7 Conclusion: References: Bibliography: Appendices: Introduction: The aim of this report is to learn more about Entrepreneurs, what skills, attributes and behaviours Entrepreneurs h... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, Joseph Schumpeter]
3168 words (9.1 pages)
- Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur By Howard O 'Gollegos Jan 20, 2011 Hard working small business owners are often called entrepreneurs tough in some case this may not be so. Though this may be a matter of definition, as a small business owner or self employed person simply replacing an income stream from an employee with one from your own business can hardly be described as entrepreneurial. This is something I have done and I suppose that is one way of looking at it. A colleague of mine would describe an entrepreneur as someone who generates large amounts of wealth whereas he would describe me a "lifestyle" business.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, Small business]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- What an Entrepreneur Is An entrepreneur is a person who finds it worth risking, especially in term of his or her finances, in a particular project with a hope of introducing new related ventures that will culminate into visible success financially (Foley, 2006). Sometimes, an entrepreneur can also be taken to mean a person who is in the verge of organizing a virtually new project and targeting to use previously unused channels after discovering a hidden opportunity in the eyes of others. Evidently, in both cases, there is a risk factor and therefore maximum care and guided moves are things to take care of first.... [tags: Entrepreneur ]
1955 words (5.6 pages)
- What Is An Entrepreneur. An entrepreneur sees an open door which others do not completely perceive to take care of an unsatisfied demand or to profoundly enhance the execution of a current business. They have a ravenous, self conviction that this open door can be made genuine through diligent work, duty and the flexibility to take in the lessons of the business sector along the way. Much has been composed concerning entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship. Some of it depicts business visionaries as verging on legendary characters who acquire their abilities from an exceptional hereditary mix.... [tags: Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- In Webster’s dictionary, the simple definition of an entrepreneur is defined as a person who starts a business and is willing to risk loss in order to make money. The full definition uses words of deeper meaning such as, organizes, manages, and assumes the risk of a business or enterprise. An entrepreneur sees the finish line before the race begins. In this paper I cover the major aspects of becoming an entrepreneur. Some of the ideas expressed have been research, applied, worked, and failed in my own entrepreneurial journey.... [tags: Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- Throughout U.S. history the nonprofit and government sectors have addressed needs that are not being met by through the provision of a variety of public goods and services ranging from education, health, and human services to environmental conservation. As a result of the increased demand for these services, the number of nonprofits has grown significantly in the past years. Social entrepreneur is another way social problems are being solved. Social Entrepreneurs act as change agents for society by developing solutions to problems, and implement services to these problems.... [tags: Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- According to Conrad Hilton, an American hotelier and owner of the Hilton hotels quoted that: "Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes but they don’t quit", (Conrad, 2016). In order to be a successful entrepreneur, taking risks and being able to solve problems is vital. This essay will give a general idea of how to become a successful entrepreneur by comparing and contrasting my own characteristics to those found in entrepreneurs, and also with the advantage of taking a General Enterprise Tendency Test, I will be able to self-asses my enterprising potentials.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, Joseph Schumpeter]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- In 2008 alone, the total of all seizures and pirated goods totaled close to $273 million in the United States. Fashion products including handbags, watches, clothing, and textiles make up a large share of the international smuggling traffic. The issue of design piracy dates back to the depression when disputes started between New York and Paris. During the Great Depression, counterfeiters of the newest styles posed a challenge to the high-fashion designers who dominated Parisian design. Meanwhile, New York was becoming a real competitor for the role of fashion capital.... [tags: Pirated Goods, Designer Handbags, Brand Names]
1396 words (4 pages)
- From an economists point of view entrepreneurship is best considered as a function. The entrepreneur is what the entrepreneur does. Entrepreneurship was first described in economic terms by Cantillon (1755) who defined the components of trade but the term was accorded prominence by Say (1803). The modern theory of the entrepreneur is primarily concerned with the primary characteristic of the search for or the discovery of knowledge. The entrepreneur uses this knowledge in reallocating resources, where it is argued that the qualities of shrewdness and deviousness enter, to his own advantaged.... [tags: Economic Market Analysis Entrepreneur]
1945 words (5.6 pages)