Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10 is chemical compound. The human body makes its own Coenzyme Q10. However, as a person grows old, the levels decrease. Then again, the Coenzyme Q10 levels go down because of illnesses. Some prescribed drugs could deteriorate the levels too. A poor diet is another way to decline the amounts in the body. So, eating whole grains, liver and oily fish could help a lot.
Where the Coenzyme Q10 is in the body
The CoQ10 stays in the mitochondria. This is the energy-generating component of the body cells. This coenzyme produces the ATP or adenosine-5-triphosphate. The ATP boosts protein synthesis and muscle contraction processes.
Why the body cannot do without it
The CoQ10 gets rid of fatigue, obesity and a frail immune system. Athletes also need it in high amounts to improve their performance in sports. People who have muscular dystrophy and want to exercise require this coenzyme. As it is an antioxidant, the Coenzyme Q10 keeps away toxins. There are studies that found it essential to periodontal disease sufferers. As well, it boosts fertility in males. To summarize, this chemical compound plays three major roles. First, it stops formation of blood clots. Second, it increases energy generation in body cells. Third, it plays the role of antioxidants.
How the CoQ10 stops cell damage
Since it acts as an antioxidant, this substance prevents oxidative stress or damage to cell membranes. It is crystal clear that free radicals are harmful things. Once they accumulate in the tissues, they cause inflammation. As a result, a victim develops a degenerative disease like cancer or arthritis. They also cause pre-mature aging.
According to Karl Folkers, PhD, C...
... middle of paper ...
...ou work out regularly to avoid obesity. At the same time, quit smoking cigarettes. It is imperative to keep your cholesterol levels safe as well as blood pressure. So, go and see your doctor regularly. If you have a degenerative disease, seek your doctor’s advice before supplementing.
Final word: Buying Your CoQ10 Supplement
It is necessary to use a supplement if you have a deficiency. However, make sure that you purchase your supplement from a safe source online. A doctor could recommend a great supplement seller. Alternatively, you could read internet reviews about it. Another way is to ask a friend to recommend, or perhaps a relative. Whatever way you follow, ensure it is safe. Another thing, remember to read instructions carefully. Never take a bigger dose than necessary every single day. Above all, keep monitoring the cause of your coenzyme Q10 deficiency.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to Advances in Nutrition (Vitamin/Trace mineral supplements), “The fraction of population that is elderly has been increasing, as has the consumption of vitamin/trace mineral supplements, which is now a Multibillion dollar industry. Yet the rationale for such supplement intake by the majority may be questioned.” () Questions like, are vitamin and mineral supplements necessary for life, or is our body capable of generating enough micro-nutrients from everyday nutrition and the environment?; and are vitamin supplements supposed to be used as substitutes for the natural intake of vitamins from whole foods, for people who do not have deficiencies.... [tags: vitamin supplements]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION People have been discussing if there are any negative effects of using supplements for fitness or bodybuilding for a very long time. Most people agree that if the supplement is of a good quality, it is OK to use them and they have little side effects (Bolger, 2013). In fact, some people even recommend using supplements because of such reasons: is very hard to find natural foods in this era, it impossible to take the nutrition from foods if the sportsman works too hard, and it provides fast and effective results.... [tags: Use of Supplements]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- 49% of surveyed adults from the ages of 31-50 say that they use food supplements on a regular basis (Dickinson, 19). Food supplements are being very commonly used to fill the gaps in a person’s diet. They are the unknown hero of modern day living, and most people don’t even know most people use them. Food supplements can benefit everyone in one way or another. Especially “With the popularity of fast and inexpensive processed food, many of us struggle to get all the nutrients we need out of our diets” (“Dietary Supplements: The Health Benefits of Pumping Up Your Diet” Par 1).... [tags: dietary supplements and vitamins]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Looking beautiful is something all people openly (or secretly) aim for. And for them to achieve this, good health should always come first. To keep the body at optimum level, you need to take the necessary steps to maintain your health as well as prevent the onset of diseases. It is therefore important to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle—by eating nutritious food, doing daily exercise and using natural health products. Maintaining your health with the use of herbal and natural remedies is the first step to support your well-being.... [tags: supplements, natural products, health]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- Being healthy is the most important thing to improve and protect mind and body. There are a lot of ways to stay healthy such as medical checkups, exercise, stress reduction, adequate sleep and eating properly. A healthy diet includes avoiding foods with poor nutrition, eating certain foods and taking supplements. Health supplements reduce deficiencies in the bodies of people who need nutrients and cannot find them in nature. The amount of money spent by Americans on health supplements per year is around one and a half to two billion dollars, so supplements are a good investment for their health.... [tags: supplements, omega 3, healthy diet]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- The scene is set. It is 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, and the final heat of the Olympics is about to commence. The sprinters have been training their entire lives for the opportunity at hand, and the outcome of the most important event of their lives is going to come down to mere milliseconds. With a gold medal on the line, these athletes will be looking for any advantage they can obtain, whether big or small. One direction these athletes will turn for an advantage is supplements. Supplements have emerged as a way for athletes to increase their performance, yet their use is very controversial.... [tags: Who Uses Dietary Supplements?]
2461 words (7 pages)
- n estimation in 2004 said that americans nearly spent 20.3 billion in all kinds of dietary supplements. The use of dietary supplements is common among the U.S. population. Over 40 % used supplements in 1988-94 and over one half in 2003- 2006. The most used supplements are multivitamins and multiminerals. Approximately 40 % of men and women reporting use of these two supplements in 2006. You 're body needs to have vitamin D to absorb calcium and promote bone growth. By using vitamin d your body will have the proper calcium your body needs and it will improve your bone growth.... [tags: Nutrition, Dietary supplement, Vitamin]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Dietary supplements are used to add additional nutritional value to the diet. Some common forms of supplements include: vitamins, amino acids, minerals, herbs, and enzymes, and can be found in a multitude of forms such as capsules, liquids, gel caps, powders, and tablets. Dietary supplements are becoming increasingly popular among Americans today. According to the Centers for Disease and Control, “Over half of the adults in the U.S. use at least one type of dietary supplement, the most common being multivitamins.”1 Many use these vitamins because they are believed to present a number of benefits, such as helping or treating diseases, etc.... [tags: Vitamin, Nutrition, Dietary supplement]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Nearly 50 percent of American adults aged 18 and older who responded to the 2013 Gallup survey, took vitamin supplements regularly to maintain good health (Swift). Although there are many different areas to be considered when discussing "good health," a key component is getting the proper nutrients. The main purpose of taking vitamin supplements is to receive the nutrients that are not received through everyday food intake. There are many questions and concerns that surround the idea of vitamins and supplements.... [tags: Nutrition, Dietary supplement, Vitamin]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- There are many different work out supplements. Some of those work out supplements are Proteins/Amino Acids, Performance Supplements, Energy Boosting Products, and Vitamins. The first work out supplement we are going to tell you about is Proteins/Amino Acids. One supplement that is made of Protein is called, "The Ultimate Whey Designer Protein." This designer protein is 68% better than egg white and or regular whey. It mixes easy and gives you up to 18 grams of protein per scoop. This supplement will run you the consumer about $26.99 each 2 lbs bottle.... [tags: Work Out Supplements]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Ways Of Which N Acetyl L Cysteine Improves Body Health
- The First Cause Of The Second War
- Health Insurance Of The Affordable Care Act
- Money Is Root Of All Sins
- No Glass Story Of A Little Boy Whose Parents
- My First Internship With A Team Of Child Protection Investigators ( Cpi ) At The Florida Department Of Children