I plan on attending Western Kentucky University for the entirety of my college experience. I plan on graduating from WKU with my bachelors of science in nursing. I choose WKU not only because of it is one of Kentucky 's safest campuses but in addition, it has a spectacular BSN program. Westerns BSN full time program consists of four semesters, with an upper division option designed for students who have completed a minimum who posses 60 credits and the required prerequisite courses. On westerns nursinglink the website states that their program will provide training in areas such as communication, leadership, and critical thinking skills, all of which are essential in the steps necessary to become a competent RN.
Before entering Westerns BSN program one must a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75. While maintaining a minimum of at least a "C" in all of the mandatory courses, *Biology 131 Anatomy and Physiology I, Biology 231 Anatomy and Physiology II, Biology 207 Microbiology, Biology 208 Microbiology Lab and Chemistry 109 Chemistry for Health Professionals. Moreover Pre-nursing applicants must retain at least a "C" in following courses, Nursing 102 Introduction to Professional Nursing, Math 115 or 116, HMD 211 Human Nutrition, Psy/Psys 220 Developmental Psychology and three hours of Statistics . In order to remain in accordance with the Universities statistical requirements the applicant must take at least one of the following courses , Math 183, Econ 206, Social Work 344, Soc 300, PH 383 or Psy 30.
I cannot explain my excitement to become a registered parallel to my father who has been a registered nurse for the past 15 years. However, the tuition expense for an BSN degree which may take four years...
... middle of paper ...
...me a registered nurse. With that being said there are multiple pathway that one can take to become a registered nurse. In order to become an RN one must graduate from a postsecondary education program most commonly an associate or bachelor 's degree. However a few sporadic hospitals have learning programs that offer diplomas. Budding nurses are taught subjects such as, anatomy and human development while gaining hands on supervised clinical experience.. A Rn must posses a minimum of at least an associate 's degree . However If one wishes to hold an administrative position in the future it is recommended that they further than education in either a bachelors or masters program. All nurses also must be licensed in their state of practice, which requires passing the National Council Licensure Examination. Any other certifications or licensure may vary by state.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Unlike many traditional Embry-Riddle-Aeronautical University (ERAU) students, I began my college career having a vast amount of work experience. Many traditional students begin their college careers at the age of eighteen or nineteen, but I began college at the age of thirty four. The reason this is relevant is because when I started this class I had many preconceived notions about project management and project managers. After completing the class, I have dispelled many of these preconceived notions.... [tags: Project management, Management, Construction]
1503 words (4.3 pages)
- Over the past four years in my career I have been a member of a rotational technical development program in which I have been offered accelerated learning experiences in manufacturing, including tactical engineering, project management and supervision. Throughout these experiences I have worked at 3 different manufacturing plants across the U.S. I have learned the strengths and opportunities at each facility and learned a great deal about myself as a leader and about the career path I want to follow.... [tags: Project management, Management, Learning]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- According to Lucy Friend, “Computer Aided Drafters make $79,000 a year on average.”(n.d.). Computer Aided Drafting unlocks the door to numerous opportunities for employment; I selected Computer Aided Drafting because it’s so extraordinary with AutoCAD, because of the uses of Computer Aided Drafting, History of CAD, education requirements, and immeasurable career opportunities that are obtainable. First off, CAD is computer technology that has contributed in design and drafting of a portion or an artifact and frequently a complete structure as well.... [tags: Career Research Essays]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Functional Area Project: Career Services Department Bramson ORT College is a technical two-year private college with two campuses in Queens and in Brooklyn. "Bramson ORT was established in 1942 to serve refugees and immigrants during World War II. It became a College in 1977 to provide quality technical post-secondary education and to meet the educational and career needs of the New York community." (Bramson ORT College, n.d.) The College offers Associates of Applied Science and certificate degrees in health, business, and computer fields.... [tags: Employment, University, Recruitment, College]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- The Project’s Vision The project management chapter of Western Michigan founded the annual collegiate project management competition or also known by its students and Alumni as “The Project”. In the initial stages of forming this competition, Kelly Talsma, the vice president of education committee, explains how Western Michigan’s educational committee met to generate different ideas (THE project video “vision.” 2016). The committee thought it was important to inspire students and get communal leaders together allowing students and their influential mentors to learn from one another and network.... [tags: Project management, Management, Michigan]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- ... 22). One of the most well-known types of work done by illustrators might be drawing for comic books. Of course, illustrators have also been known to work with video games and animated movies (“Illustrator” para. 4). Formal schooling- college, that is -is not usually necessary for any kind of fine artist, though it is suggested, since taking classes at a university are guaranteed to improve skills (“Craft” para. 35). At least a high school diploma is preferred, as it is at almost all jobs not requiring a college degree (“Craft” para.... [tags: professional opportunities, career choices]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- I’m a prior enlisted officer with many years in the service. My long Air Force career and current leadership characteristics have been molded by incidents in my life and career. These incidents include my grandfather’s influence, significant events in my Air Force career, and my contributions to Air Force and national intelligence objectives in my current job. These three things are the leading factors that have made me the leader I am today. Each of these things contributed to different traits like; dedication to hard work, honesty, goal setting, initiative, persistence, and many more.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Professional Path Project Throughout one’s life, there are many driving forces. Some of them are based upon one’s background; others are based upon one’s desires. In the realm of Higher Education, one does not enter lightly into a position, for, if one does, it can result in a burnout. It behoves individuals to play to their strengths and fill out their weaknesses so as to be a well rounded individual who is able to deal with a variety of situations, both positive and negative, as they arise. Throughout this paper, it is the goal of the author to do just that.... [tags: Higher education, College, Ancient Greek]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Abstract: Title: Choosing a Career as a Project Manager. This research will summarize what a Project Manager is, and the steps explained, to complete a project, if the career that is chosen is to be a successful Project Manager. The research touches on the many qualities, and skills a person needs to learn, and possess to become a Project Manager. This report will not cover the total execution of the project. Putting together a project from start to finish is an enormous amount of work and there are steps to follow to make sure nothing is left unnoticed.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- My Desired Career I have always wanted to be able to do the same work that my father does. I have always found it fascinating when there are only a few people who organize, lead, and manage the people, materials, and processes of construction in a company. I always enjoy being outside and working with my hands. Over the summers I work for construction companies in Palestine , and want to continue that when I get out of College. I feel that if I come out of college with a BSBA in Real Estate and Construction management that I will be able to find a good job that will allow me to get my feet wet in the construction business.... [tags: Personal Narrative Job Career]
875 words (2.5 pages)